Login

russian armor

How to deal with blobs

15 Aug 2015, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:22 PMQbix

The purpose of the MG34 is to give the OKW some means to shut down certain areas of the map due to suppressing enemy troops. That's why it has a big cone of fire and good suppression.

it doesn't have good suppression sir. in fact they have the worst suppression among everything that can suppress except front gun of Ostwind. so it can'ts shut down any area.
15 Aug 2015, 22:42 PM

I was actually wrong dude. It has the worst far DPS of any unit in the game with .9 DPS at 45 range.

It's suppression isn't good either, being worse than the maxim with only half as much suppression per burst at far.

Yet it doesn't require any teching, costs 40 MP less and has no build time because it is a call-in. I think that's pretty fair.

it doesn't have good suppression sir. in fact they have the worst suppression among everything that can suppress except front gun of Ostwind. so it can'ts shut down any area.

They are still sufficient for their costs. If anything, buff the suppression then, no?
15 Aug 2015, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:42 PMQbix

Yet it doesn't require any teching, costs 40 MP less and has no build time because it is a call-in. I think that's pretty fair.

They are still sufficient for their costs. If anything, buff the suppression then, no?

call in is not excuse of it not good being its only roll, most of the call in units are very good at its roll like guards and shocks, yes it is cheaper but i am willing for it increase its price and have a better suppression, 40MP less than HMG 42 but its performance is only as half as effective is too much.
15 Aug 2015, 23:04 PM

How to help fix blobs versus OKW:

- Kubel to doctrines

- MG34 to HQ with cost increased to 240 and gets it's old damage back and a vet 1 ability that drastically increases ROF at the cost of not firing for a few seconds after the ability is done

- Flaktrack health increased to 400

- Volks get a buff similar to Ostruppen when in cover allowing them to push away blobs attacking defensive positions.

- AI upgrade package you can take instead of the shrek that equips Volks with StG's that do more damage at mid range instead of short.

Stg's were reserved for panzergrens IRL wouldnt make sense for volks to have them...

1 Lmg34 however...
15 Aug 2015, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 22:42 PMQbix

Which is why partisans and irregulars are so popular right?
15 Aug 2015, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 23:04 PMCorsin

Stg's were reserved for panzergrens IRL wouldnt make sense for volks to have them...

1 Lmg34 however...

How about giving Sturmpios an AI package upgrade for X munitions equivalent to the AT package for Volks? Could increase squad size to 5 and give them a received accuracy buff. This could make them more durable in late game while promoting them to a mobile frontline force with CQC properties OKW definitely lacks.
15 Aug 2015, 23:14 PM

Which is why partisans and irregulars are so popular right?

Pretty bad comparison since there are plenty of alternatives to those units while OKW has none to the MG34. :P
15 Aug 2015, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 23:04 PMCorsin

1 Lmg34 however...

Not really, one of the distinct things about Volksgrenadier divisions was that they were given some of the StG's.
15 Aug 2015, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 11:38 AMJohnnyB
Blobs, blobs and again blobs.
Just stop people. There is no way to limit blobbing pehnomenon, and I honestly don't care. If I wanna blob, I should be able to, if I wanna counter the opponent's blob, I should be able to. As simple as that. There are plenty of counters, like demos, HMGs - recently buffed - AT guns with light barrage features, katiushas, wurframens, etc....
They should make howitzers more accurate and do something about that Fireworkswerfer, and you will have plenty of counters to chose from.

This anti-blob whinings begun to annoy me.

Bravo.

I'm just grateful none of these people who complain about "blobbing" will ever be allowed near a real army.
16 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM

I don't really think blobbing is a problem. In the end it's just concentration of force minus any tactics. You can always beat a blob using tactics as long as it isn't significantly larger than your force. If it is, then you lost the fight not to your enemy's tactical acuity but instead their economic and strategic superiority.

16 Aug 2015, 00:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 23:14 PMQbix

Pretty bad comparison since there are plenty of alternatives to those units while OKW has none to the MG34. :P

And HMG34s are definitely at least not complete, total, and utter trash as they are right now.
18 Aug 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 13:51 PMLatch
There is only 1 way for Relic to completely remove blobbing for the game and they have yet to listen to me.

No they can make all units 1 build like Heavy tanks. They have yet to listen to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
United States 17
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak