Login

russian armor

How to deal with blobs

11 Aug 2015, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 10:23 AMJunaid
Why do OKW players blob so much? I really hate seeing it when I play ost 2v2 and the OKW guy does nothing but blob. Had to insistently tell him to get a rak for the map was good for it (Lierneux) then later had to tell him again to get a Stuka instead of spamming infantry (for the opposing team was playing maxim-in-the-building)

-No support weapons other than Rackten and ISG

-Can't get tanks due to low fuel income

-Lots of MP

-Lots of infantry options

11 Aug 2015, 20:35 PM

I get the lots of infantry options and mp float; I do. But why for the love of Clausewitz must they all attack along one axis all at one time and that too headlong into a maxim!? I mean maxim does AoE suppression too now (finally!)
11 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2015, 20:35 PMJunaid
I get the lots of infantry options and mp float; I do. But why for the love of Clausewitz must they all attack along one axis all at one time and that too headlong into a maxim!? I mean maxim does AoE suppression too now (finally!)

I would need to see your playercard, you might be just getting matched with bad players :D
11 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM

OKW troops are predicated less on maneuver and more on making a formation and a-moving.
11 Aug 2015, 20:55 PM

MG34 that doesn't shoot popcorn and a 5th Squad member for the .50 Cal would be a nice start. I feel like even with the the recent buffs that they both have problems anti-blobbing either due to low damage or being easily decrewed respectively.

I feel like both the WFA factions are more subject to facing blobbing because of screwy HMGs that are either non-doctrinal or locked behind a tier that has fallen out of favor in the current meta (Lt.).
12 Aug 2015, 02:10 AM

How to help fix blobs versus OKW:

- Kubel to doctrines

- MG34 to HQ with cost increased to 240 and gets it's old damage back and a vet 1 ability that drastically increases ROF at the cost of not firing for a few seconds after the ability is done

- Flaktrack health increased to 400

- Volks get a buff similar to Ostruppen when in cover allowing them to push away blobs attacking defensive positions.

- AI upgrade package you can take instead of the shrek that equips Volks with StG's that do more damage at mid range instead of short.

I could love to trade kubel with MG34, I had way too many kubel drifting during first engagement, its side armor is too paper so everytime it happens it is a dead kubel. right now the only thing i could counter blob is my stuka, and pray that enemy will fall back to my stuka barrage, because i always barrage behind them.
13 Aug 2015, 14:03 PM

I would need to see your playercard, you might be just getting matched with bad players :D

How do I put it up?
13 Aug 2015, 14:12 PM

.50 doesn't counter blob reliably, I have see too many squads (not even blobbing) entering its cone of fire and only being suppressed after 2 bursts.
Too late, grenade, dead .50 squad.
13 Aug 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 14:12 PMEsxile
.50 doesn't counter blob reliably, I have see too many squads (not even blobbing) entering its cone of fire and only being suppressed after 2 bursts.
Too late, grenade, dead .50 squad.

This can happen with every MG in the game, the .50 cal has very good suppression but if RNG jesus isn't with you then well..

At least now recrewing gives no received accuracy, so recrewed .50 cal's (especially with Pathfinders) are sex.
13 Aug 2015, 16:09 PM

Buffed Maxim disagrees. .50 Cal also disagrees it just hasn't shown up yet.
50 cal crew is too weak, single grens grenade wipes it, obers or vetted volks killing it before it fires.
13 Aug 2015, 16:14 PM

50 cal crew is too weak, single grens grenade wipes it, obers or vetted volks killing it before it fires.

Again, this is a problem with all 4 man MG's. Received Accuracy is a bad idea on MG's in the current meta.
13 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

I could love to trade kubel with MG34, I had way too many kubel drifting during first engagement, its side armor is too paper so everytime it happens it is a dead kubel. right now the only thing i could counter blob is my stuka, and pray that enemy will fall back to my stuka barrage, because i always barrage behind them.

There's no such thing as side armor in Coh2... There's only rear and front. Lol
13 Aug 2015, 17:08 PM

Again, this is a problem with all 4 man MG's. Received Accuracy is a bad idea on MG's in the current meta.
Nope, mg42 crew and mg34 crew seems much more survivable. I think it is because allies have no rifle nades and lmgs which can kill with single shot.
13 Aug 2015, 20:02 PM

Nope, mg42 crew and mg34 crew seems much more survivable. I think it is because allies have no rifle nades and lmgs which can kill with single shot.

Allied infantry have smoke nades and lots of artillery. Axis still have to micro their MGs for them to survive, you can't just set up a MG42 one direction and leave it there for the whole game.
13 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM

Allied infantry have smoke nades and lots of artillery. Axis still have to micro their MGs for them to survive, you can't just set up a MG42 one direction and leave it there for the whole game.
Ehm nope, axis have lot of arty too. If we compare soviet plane strike and arty strikes with OST planes and arty strikes. We will see that OST have more amount good abilities then soviets. About smoke, only rifles have smoke nades and shocks, because without smoke they are useless against mgs. Also, of course axis need to controls thier mgs, but we are talking about crew survivability and 50 cal is worse in this way then mg42 or mg34 crew.
13 Aug 2015, 23:12 PM

those crew member do get wipes from single nades some times, it is easy for USF nade to pick off 3 out 4 models of HMG 34, HMG42 some how is better survivable but not much better, especially when they are in yellow cover, because models are hugging each other in yellow cover. German HMG in yellow cover + nade wipe like 60% of the time
14 Aug 2015, 00:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

those crew member do get wipes from single nades some times, it is easy for USF nade to pick off 3 out 4 models of HMG 34, HMG42 some how is better survivable but not much better, especially when they are in yellow cover, because models are hugging each other in yellow cover. German HMG in yellow cover + nade wipe like 60% of the time

Mg on yellow cover without micro = bad

You are better been on the open if no green cover available.
14 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mg on yellow cover without micro = bad

You are better been on the open if no green cover available.

Indeed. If an HMG's flank can't be covered and you won't be microing it literally all the time, avoid placing it into light cover which will 90% of the time let a flanking squad just one-shot it with a grenade. Sure, that might let flankers shoot at it out in the open, but escaping with some losses is preferable to a grenade squad wipe.
14 Aug 2015, 00:18 AM

Ehm nope, axis have lot of arty too. If we compare soviet plane strike and arty strikes with OST planes and arty strikes. We will see that OST have more amount good abilities then soviets. About smoke, only rifles have smoke nades and shocks, because without smoke they are useless against mgs. Also, of course axis need to controls thier mgs, but we are talking about crew survivability and 50 cal is worse in this way then mg42 or mg34 crew.

OKW has some of the most expensive and least effective arty in the game. Ost has some good plane strikes, but they are expensive for a Munitions starved faction(sans CAS).
Soviets have the best mortar in the game and the 2 best Howitzers. USF has the only mobile Howitzer, and some of the most powerful artillery strikes in the game.

All of this is getting off-topic though. Soviets deal with blobs with Maxim supported by ML20, B4, 120mm mortar, or 82mm Mortar. Drop that shit right on those Volk/Ober/Fusilier blobs and watch the MP bleed. USF 50cal can slow them down and allow your LMG/Bar/FT Riflemen to lay the hurt on them. In addition the Mortar HT isn't incredible, but isn't not too bad either, getting one can help out.

Both Allied factions also have access to Demo Charges, which Axis do not. Just learn to bait and PUSH THAT PLUNGER!
14 Aug 2015, 02:04 AM

OKW has some of the most expensive and least effective arty in the game. Ost has some good plane strikes, but they are expensive for a Munitions starved faction(sans CAS).
Soviets have the best mortar in the game and the 2 best Howitzers. USF has the only mobile Howitzer, and some of the most powerful artillery strikes in the game.

All of this is getting off-topic though. Soviets deal with blobs with Maxim supported by ML20, B4, 120mm mortar, or 82mm Mortar. Drop that shit right on those Volk/Ober/Fusilier blobs and watch the MP bleed. USF 50cal can slow them down and allow your LMG/Bar/FT Riflemen to lay the hurt on them. In addition the Mortar HT isn't incredible, but isn't not too bad either, getting one can help out.

Both Allied factions also have access to Demo Charges, which Axis do not. Just learn to bait and PUSH THAT PLUNGER!

we should have demo for everyone, then you won't see any blobings because it hurts so bad. also 90 munition is too cheap for SU as it always have tons of munitions

anyway back to topic
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS