Login

russian armor

ML-20 152mm Howitzer

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
4 Aug 2015, 02:46 AM

It's cheese that you can fire a Howitzer from your base into the enemy base full stop. It should be risky to shell the other players base. Perhaps decrease the range from whatever it is by 25% and some man power. Should force the player to build it outside of their base in a riskier position. Use it to break up defensive positions rather than murder retreating units.
4 Aug 2015, 03:08 AM

lmao dude you're just as bad

I mean my god, think before you post please

What's your problem?
4 Aug 2015, 03:27 AM

I think it would have been better to make them fire more shells based on Vet instead of 8 shells right off the bat.

Vet 0: 4 Shells
Vet 1: 5 Shells
Vet 2: 6 Shells
Vet 3: ...8 Shells? Though I might have preferred a wider firing cone or faster rotation.

edit: Come to think of it, maybe Relic should have just made the cone wider and wider with each level of Vet if they wanted the Howitzers to be used more instead of firing more shells. Might solve OKWs problems while making the Howitzers more desirable.
4 Aug 2015, 10:01 AM

What's your problem?

"I love when racist neo nazis play ww2 games and gets mad when they lose."

So basically, anyone who posts that a Soviet unit might be a bit OP is a racist neo nazi?
4 Aug 2015, 12:39 PM

Uhoh, bring that walking stuka little closer?
4 Aug 2015, 14:30 PM

Uhoh, bring that walking stuka little closer?

Why? Recrewing the ml-20 with engineers costs less than 40 manpower.
4 Aug 2015, 14:32 PM

Maybe ML-20 is better, but its not like Soviets have anykind of strike to break the weapon itself unless Il-2 bombing, too expensive, while Osthern has a lot of outmap strikes that delete the weapon itself
4 Aug 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 14:30 PMdbmb

I'm quite sure 3x 20 is more then 40.
But we can go with your math if you want.
4 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm quite sure 3x 20 is more then 40.
But we can go with your math if you want.

Still doing a favour. Have they fix popcap on artillery ?
4 Aug 2015, 18:39 PM

Still doing a favour. Have they fix popcap on artillery ?

Nope
4 Aug 2015, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 14:30 PMdbmb

Stuka flat out kills the gun. I know, I've had it done to me.
4 Aug 2015, 18:52 PM

Stuka flat out kills the gun. I know, I've had it done to me.

It does not. Requires two volleys.
4 Aug 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 18:52 PMSully

It does not. Requires two volleys.

Dude, I'm telling you, I have had it destroyed in one volley. Maybe it was a couple of rockets hitting it twice, but I have deffo had it happen.
4 Aug 2015, 19:42 PM

Dude, I'm telling you, I have had it destroyed in one volley. Maybe it was a couple of rockets hitting it twice, but I have deffo had it happen.

Guns no longer explode till the crew is dead, so you could have recrewed it and THEN had the gun blow up the next time or just had the gun take enough damage (while the crew stayed alive) so that if the crew died THEN it blew up.

The Stuka Zu Fuss requires multiple direct hits to reliably kill it, and on most maps the enemies base won't be in range of your walking Stuka.
4 Aug 2015, 20:42 PM

Dude, you're simply wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation.
4 Aug 2015, 20:48 PM

A vet 1 stuka and above can destroy entirely both the crew and the gun in one barrage. Thats a fact.
4 Aug 2015, 20:56 PM

Yea, I just test it. 2/10 I was able to destroy howie. Need to test more if it's just accident or maybe there some golden spot you should use barrage.
4 Aug 2015, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 20:48 PMmrako
A vet 1 stuka and above can destroy entirely both the crew and the gun in one barrage. Thats a fact.

The stuka doesn't get more damage with Vet
4 Aug 2015, 21:16 PM

Guns no longer explode till the crew is dead, so you could have recrewed it and THEN had the gun blow up the next time or just had the gun take enough damage (while the crew stayed alive) so that if the crew died THEN it blew up.

The Stuka Zu Fuss requires multiple direct hits to reliably kill it, and on most maps the enemies base won't be in range of your walking Stuka.

Wait,you want counters to COMPLETLY DESTROY the ML-20 that costs 600MP!!! AND needs to be builded!AND IS DOCTRINAL leaving you with stock tanks to deal with panthers and what ever the axis have and you want cheap counters to it??like Close Air Support commander which ELIMINATES ARTILARY PLAY??????and you also want that counter to have the same range of the ml-20??????
?ok then i have the counter you want LUFFWAFE CLOSE AIR SUPPORT it has the tools to harras enemy lines,gives you alot of choices to advance OR DEFEND and has many cool abilitys to take out the howitzer AND if he builded it within his base then make a luch take out the bunkers and BOOM his base is exposed to infantry assaults by fallshimjager.

by decrewing the Ml-20 you make it lose its vet it gained(IF IT GAINED)AND force the soviet players to recrew it(which in turn bleed him MP!),it also disables it(making assaults much safer).

OH one last thing if the stuka was meant to be behind enemy lines then why does it have more health then a katyusha???the stuka has 320HP and is able to survive a tank shot and small arms fire(hell even zooks)the katyusha has 160hp(which is meant to stay behind enemy lines) as you can see if you want to hit the enemy base the stuka has enough hp to survive long enough for the barrage AND still live for repairs.
4 Aug 2015, 22:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ok, time to bring some light in this thread.

Nope

B4: you save up 10 pop
Fixed on the ML-20 and i guess the LeFH. You don't save popcap.

------------------------------------------------------

To destroy a Howi with the Stuka, you need to "magically" land 3 shots. Easier way is to do with either the ones between the 2-5. Notice that at the borders of the barrage line, rockets will never land. The real barrage zone is like 1 KV8 less on each side (i was doing test to see how the shells were landing)

Effectiveness at full health: been optimistically 30-50%
Dealing a bit of damage so the Howi is at 80-90% health drastically increases the chances of killing it.

Positioning of the Howi is crucial, as certain terrain or building it some shells.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS