Login

russian armor

USF - Worst faction in COH History

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
24 Jul 2015, 22:39 PM

With the latest patch I think USF is finally broken. On all fronts. For a while there it could be said USF was atleast great in 1v1. Now its just awful in all modes. I think the tech changes really highlighted some major issues with USF. THe faction design is so narrow that anytime major things are changed like this it is bound to hamper the gameplay.

USF lacks any sort of heavy tank and stock heavy/rocket artillery is non existent. Opening options are pitiful. I think the faction had some major design issues on release, never had any content adds and is now not only BLAND but BARELY COMPETITIVE either.

Plea to Relic to REALLY dig into the issues with USF, and to release so desperately needed new content. Myself and many others have made numerous posts about basic, important, changes that could easily be implemented and it has gone almost entirely ignored. Not to mention all the more extravagant and complex posts that goes with out saying are ignored.

USF is bad shape right now.
24 Jul 2015, 22:47 PM

I agree USF sucks now but spamming these threads pisses people off more than anything.

Surely Relic will deliver and sort it out soon.

Ya centering a faction on having the best starting rifle squad and nothing else that doesn't scale well into the late game unless you get LMGs and bleeds manpower probably wasn't the best design idea.

EDIT: Like for real rifles are not cost efficient once 7 minute lmg gren hell starts unless you get lmgs and spam defensive stance and then it is just cheesy fun for everyone.
24 Jul 2015, 22:50 PM

When the Brits arrived, there will be no reasons to play USF.
It will be the ghost faction.
I really don't understand why Relic Devs put no real love into them.

Great post thank you.
24 Jul 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Agree, USF is in bad shape. Most boring faction to play.

I enjoy rifle play due to the versatility, and I also like the Sherman/Jackson combo as of some nice late game options.

But almost everything in between is gruesome to play with.

RE - no fighting power, cant assist rifles like engies did in vcoh
MedTruck - needs constant micro to heal, freakin annoying
LT - basically one more Rifles+LMG
M20 - biggest micro-clusterfuck ever to get some value out of this unit
Howie - hitting rather meh, immobile, counteracting the mobility of USF
Captain - cant shoot a zook, greatest noob on battlefield

I dont even know how to rescue some playability for this faction since it is so utterly messed up.

I mostly play rifles into stuart, optional atg and then tanks. The rest just annoys me too much.

24 Jul 2015, 23:09 PM

What do you think the odds are that a bunch of new USF commanders might add some spice back into the faction? No doubt they would still need some serious readjustments to their stock units but new commanders might buy some time so they don't turn into a "ghost faction" (lol sounds kinda cool actually).
24 Jul 2015, 23:11 PM

Only a masochist would go Lieutenant first against a competent Ost player. Also an issue that needs to be addressed.
24 Jul 2015, 23:16 PM

i think the USF are one of the most intriguing factions because the lack of unit variety forces one to play a lot differently than any other faction. USF requires a different set of tactics
24 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM

Do some M10, you may see a new world.
24 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM

i think the USF are one of the most intriguing factions because the lack of unit variety forces one to play a lot differently than any other faction. USF requires a different set of tactics

Agreed, and the amount of cool synergies between units and abilities is staggering. The issue with the USF is their units not doing their jobs, or being hard countered by other sides stuff. Entire Lieutenant tier is hardcountered by Ostheer T2 and OKW Mech, Riflemen suck at the anti infantry role, Bazookas are only good vs light vehicles, and HMC doesnt really provide indirect fire. Using ambulance on the frontline before Major is impossible, contrary to the units description. And the majors arty is pathetic.
24 Jul 2015, 23:23 PM

Yeah the USF design isint bad, it's just that there is a huge collection of units that are horrible.

Pak Howi is bad, 0.50 cal is bad, m20 is easily countered by 222s, rifles scaling suck, AT gun is mediocre, major arty sucks, time on target arty sucks, m7 mines suck, m8 greyhound sucks, WC51 sucks, bazookas suck.

Plus their heavy infantry play is incredibly hard to pull of due to the crazy performance of MGs this patch.
24 Jul 2015, 23:23 PM

Because it's hard to get some decent units others than Rifles, USF are currently blob masters of Rifles+Lt/Cpt followed by AA/Stuart. Add BARs and smoke, then USF ultra blob will be almost unstoppable.
24 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

Because it's hard to get some decent units others than Rifles, USF are currently blob masters of Rifles+Lt/Cpt followed by AA/Stuart. Add BARs and smoke, then USF ultra blob will be almost unstoppable.

MP bleed will literally kill you though. REs with BARs are a better alternative to Rifles if your talking purely anti infantry. Even if you have to retreat due to lost models you'll still win the MP war. IMO considering Rifles are supposed to be the backbone of the Americans they are one of the most underperforming units in the game once you get past the early game.
24 Jul 2015, 23:30 PM

MP bleed will literally kill you though. REs with BARs are a better alternative to Rifles if your talking purely anti infantry. Even if you have to retreat due to lost models you'll still win the MP war. IMO considering Rifles are supposed to be the backbone of the Americans they are one of the most underperforming units in the game once you get past the early game.

The USF MP bleed is just the worst.
24 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM

You will, only if you won't close the game around 15min which is not hard since Stuart arrvies at the same time as 222. Add Soviet teammate with Quad (speaking from 2v2 perspective) and Axis will have really hard time. By that time you haven't spent any resources into pure AT squad (Stuart + Cpt can repel 222/Puma/Flak) while Axis player must get Paks/Raketens to deal with Stuart/Quad which mean less MP into AI, which leads us to BARs blob rolling over.
24 Jul 2015, 23:32 PM

@Bob Just dont use Riflemen as the backbone of your army. When your swimming in MP and still holding ground with BAR rear echelons and Pathfinders you'll be amazed at the new options you have.

@Magic speaking from a 1 vs 1 point of view.
24 Jul 2015, 23:32 PM

are you guys ready
I'm channel my inerr queen rite now

you USF players need to l2p after relying on noskill rifleblob m420 for so long they're fine stop whining
24 Jul 2015, 23:35 PM

OK, so for starters I think there should be a general Idea you want to impose with this thread.

You want more versatility?
Heavy armor?
More infantry options?
More early game options?
More late game options?
More what?

I have a lot of suggestions for this thread if it where only more pointed.

24 Jul 2015, 23:44 PM

USF by design encourages lots of blobbing ---> Blob counters become extremely common ---> USF meta shifts in the extreme ----> ???
24 Jul 2015, 23:51 PM

Can we at least try and keep all this USF whining in one containment thread

25 Jul 2015, 00:07 AM

Nice to see people finally seeing the glaring holes in USF. They have been held up by the potency of the rifles for a long time, and now that they aren't as effective, it's obvious that USF have huge holes and weaknesses that keep them from effectively dealing with a variety of circumstances.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak