Login

russian armor

USF - Worst faction in COH History

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
25 Jul 2015, 07:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The most recent patch was basically all community sourced ideas. Gtfo troll.

This was changed last patch, grens no longer receive the +25% riflenade range at vet 2.

You're right, how could I forget that with how happy it made me.

Excluding the OKW, I thought that the more pricey a unit, the better it should scale with vet.

The eastern front vet strikes me as not presenting such a picture clearly; for example, Shocks have 12% less received accuracy from vet than PGs and instead have a 40% lower cooldown on their smokes. Additionally, the statistical bonuses in total are pretty much the same for an SU-85 as an Elefant.

This leads me to assume the obvious difference between Rifle and Gren vet was more for flavour reasons.
25 Jul 2015, 07:23 AM
Donator 11

I played a lot of CoH1 and I don't think I've ever seen Engineers kill anything except other Pioneers or Panzergrenadiers (which where purposely made vulnerable to Engineers). Seeing Engineers and Pioneers killing Grenadiers and Conscripts was one of the first things I noticed in CoH2, they could actually fight.

US meta in vcoh centered often around bar'd rifles with flamer-engies support.

USF in coh2 has no such support unit anymore since RE are just useless in fighting, besides some minor dps in super early game.

Not sure where you got stuck.
25 Jul 2015, 07:28 AM
Donator 11

Absolute Rubbish... There are people at the top of the leaderboards who can beat number 1 axis players with USF. It's just a different playstyle but it is NOT impossible.

I'm not even going to explain the many ways you can overcome axis because I know that once people gain an opinion they won't shake it off :P However! You have to remember that there are people every day winning games against axis with USF.. even at top level play.

I fully agree with you, I also dont think USF is a fundamentally weak faction.

But its very boring and tedious to play. It feels like one micro-intense clusterfuck of a playstyle with a lot of units lacking a distinctly defined and unique purpose (m20, LT, captain, howie, etc.).
25 Jul 2015, 07:31 AM

Excluding the OKW, I thought that the more pricey a unit, the better it should scale with vet.

Most vet bonus's are just copy pasted unit to unit. Like it's really obvious Relic ran out of ideas when coming up with some of the vet for OKW because on some units veterancy is almost meaningless like the ISG or the vet 4 and 5 bonus's are awful like the Stuka Zu Fuss.
25 Jul 2015, 08:10 AM

i think leutienant tier is dead. When i trying to go full tech up (all tiers) i always fail because my sherman appears about 5 minutes later than panzer 4 with not bad map control and fuel caches. So, i am forced to always skip leutienant now.
25 Jul 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 08:10 AMNEVEC
i think leutienant tier is dead. When i trying to go full tech up (all tiers) i always fail because my sherman appears about 5 minutes later than panzer 4 with not bad map control and fuel caches. So, i am forced to always skip leutienant now.

Cult of the M10 welcomes new members
25 Jul 2015, 08:58 AM

US meta in vcoh centered often around bar'd rifles with flamer-engies support.

USF in coh2 has no such support unit anymore since RE are just useless in fighting, besides some minor dps in super early game.

Not sure where you got stuck.

Didn't know we were specifically talking about Flamethrowers, I thought we meant the actual Engineers.
25 Jul 2015, 09:02 AM

The most recent patch was basically all community sourced ideas. Gtfo troll.

This was changed last patch, grens no longer receive the +25% riflenade range at vet 2.

The fact that this patch was driven by community sourced ideas doesn't change the fact that it pretty made the game completely unplayable and incredibly unbalanced. The only time i can remember it being more fucked was at march deployment.

And yeah, these people that say USF is amazing, please show us. I know ill be watching dusty as he shows his amazing USF skills when he actually gets around to playing them.

Anyways, relic has acknowledged the issue that USF is completely broke, despite what all these "pro players" that pretty much never play 1v1s tell me, and said that fixing USF is top priority in their last few streams.
25 Jul 2015, 09:06 AM

Boost USF starting MP, gib T0 mortar, buff .50 cal, buff M20, buff zook, buff ambulance.
25 Jul 2015, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:02 AMBurts

The fact that this patch was driven by community sourced ideas doesn't change the fact that it pretty made the game completely unplayable and incredibly unbalanced. The only time i can remember it being more fucked was at march deployment.

And yeah, these people that say USF is amazing, please show us. I know ill be watching dusty as he shows his amazing USF skills when he actually gets around to playing them.

Anyways, relic has acknowledged the issue that USF is completely broke, despite what all these "pro players" that pretty much never play 1v1s tell me, and said that fixing USF is top priority in their last few streams.

Other than M5 shittery I have never had more fun playing this game. OKW is no longer a gimmick faction of Light Tanks into Heavy Tanks and USF can actually afford to get both it's tiers without fucking itself. Captain starts are also awesome. Soviets now have teching that makes sense and a stock army that kicks ass and Ostheer have great support weapons and less MP intensive teching.

Yeah there is still work to be done but shit is going in a !!!FUN!!! direction. Stop having meltdowns like I and the other OKW fanboys did after the Ober and shrek nerfs.
25 Jul 2015, 09:23 AM

Other than M5 shittery I have never had more fun playing this game. OKW is no longer a gimmick faction of Light Tanks into Heavy Tanks and USF can actually afford to get both it's tiers without fucking itself. Captain starts are also awesome. Soviets now have teching that makes sense and a stock army that kicks ass and Ostheer have great support weapons and less MP intensive teching.

Yeah there is still work to be done but shit is going in a !!!FUN!!! direction. Stop having meltdowns like I and the other OKW fanboys did after the Ober and shrek nerfs.

I'm not having any meltdowns but it's pretty clear that the game is incredibly unbalanced at this point.

Stuff like the quadrush is just hilarious, it makes me wonder if relic did ANY playtesting at all, because this is like the old soviet industry/tiger ace.

The call in system is also completely broke. Not all medium tanks got added to tech, KV-1, m4c sherman, all heavies still dont require tech for no apparent reason at all. Heavies got delayed by 2 CPs, which is like 2-3 mins, while E8 and t-34/85 got delayed by 4-5.

OST pumas being at 5 CPs pretty much autocounter any kind of USF light vehicle play + new command tank = RIP USF.

The ML-20 and Lefh buff was just hilarious, it seems relic simply forgot why they nerfed them like 2 years ago in the first place. Yes they were overnerfed, but now they are broken OP and they only encourage CAS abuse.

The 420mp starting MP for ost came completely out of the blue, nobody asked for it yet relic did it anyways. OST earlygame was already good enough after the mg buff, now the entire early game dynamic is fucked up because for no apparent reason ostheer just has to have +1 squad in the early game.

USF in general is completely dead this patch, all of the changes made them completely unplayable despite what some "pro players" tell me. Last i heard they dont have time to play a single game as USF in 1v1s, but ill wait and see and maybe i can actually learn something once they finally get around to playing the faction, because everyone else other than dusty i saw just gets completely rekt as USF.

The 222 change was bad. It seemed like a good change at first , but because it was not playtested at all, and suggested by a community member who frankly does not have a good idea of how it can impact the early game balance, it made the m20 pretty much uselesss.

I fail to see how you are capable of getting both LT and captain. The only way i see you is to go armor company. But armor company is pretty much 100% required now because with the new mg-42 buffs + major tech increase USF simply cannot compete in the tank race if they tech, so they have to use call ins (good job relic on killing the call in meta :snfPeter: )

Vs OKW you can sort of get away by just spamming infantry unless they get a PIV or luchs and at that point you might as well surrender if you didint go armor company.

So yeah, this patch seemed to have good intentions, but for me, it's a complete disaster.

Hopefully sept 3 will fix some of these issues.

25 Jul 2015, 09:40 AM

Okay yeah no your having a meltdown because 90% of the shit your saying makes no sense. KV1 and M4C Sherman don't require tech because they aren't really super powerful and Relic has said they are open to putting them behind tech. The T34/85 and Easy Eight come sooner now than they did before because you don't need to unlock them with CP's.

The CP increase on heavies means that mediums get to enjoy the field for longer and if you seriously think making shit like the ISU or Tiger rushable then jesus christ. Your complaints about Ost light vehicles are simply lol because Relic combined the Zook and Bar upgrades for a reason, get a zook or two to scare his shit away (which is what Dusty was doing and it worked).

Take a deep breath dude, because Relic is doing their best to make the WFA factions less gimmicky and USF is going through the same growing pains OKW did for a while. It will come out of the other side a amazing butterfly (like OKW is now).
25 Jul 2015, 09:42 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:02 AMBurts

You took my quote out of context. I quoted him because he made a statement saying that Relic wasn't ever going to redesign factions/listen to the community when clearly they are doing exactly that.

As far as balance goes, yes obviously there are some issues, but the game being "completely unplayable" is absolute hyperbole. The change to the call in meta alone is a huge breath of fresh air for the game. The negative post patch reaction that is so common in this community might have some merit in terms of "omg wtf xyz op" but you can't deny that the game is heading the right direction. The changes to call ins, the redesign of the soviet tech structure, and the ability of MGs to actually function as crowd control units is a HUGE step forward for the game.

Massive shifts in the meta will always be followed by balance issues at the highest level, but progressive changes in the game shouldn't be discouraged just because there might be a period of imbalance for a few weeks/months. Your attitude towards these changes aren't uncommon within the community, but IMO they are shortsighted and petty.
25 Jul 2015, 09:45 AM

Okay yeah no your having a meltdown because 90% of the shit your saying makes no sense. KV1 and M4C Sherman don't require tech because they aren't really super powerful and Relic has said they are open to putting them behind tech. The T34/85 and Easy Eight come sooner now than they did before because you don't need to unlock them with CP's.

The CP increase on heavies means that mediums get to enjoy the field for longer and if you seriously think making shit like the ISU or Tiger rushable then jesus christ. Your complaints about Ost light vehicles are simply lol because Relic combined the Zook and Bar upgrades for a reason, get a zook or two to scare his shit away (which is what Dusty was doing and it worked).

Take a deep breath dude, because Relic is doing their best to make the WFA factions less gimmicky and USF is going through the same growing pains OKW did for a while. It will come out of the other side a amazing butterfly (like OKW is now).

T-34/85s and E8s come sooner? Do you even play this game? What you just said was complete nonsense because all mediums got delayed. Soviets don't need T4 because they can easily win the game with just T3 and if they dont they can get an IS-2.

For USF it's not possible to get to major againts competent players and you need armor company if you want to have any chance to win , pretty much.

I just said that the 222 change made the m20 useless, and it is true.

OKW was sort of bad a few patches ago after they nerfed it, but it was not as near as bad as USF is now because they had two OP units flak HT and jagdpanzer that helped them cope even though OKW in general was pretty shit, esp againts soviets.

I know relic will eventually fix it, so i'm not throwing a riot or anything, just saying that the intentions of this patch were good, but in the end it was pretty bad.
25 Jul 2015, 09:47 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:45 AMBurts

T-34/85s and E8s come sooner? Do you even play this game? What you just said was complete nonsense because all mediums got delayed.

Actually if you don't spend any fuel and the game is progressing a slow pace you can get T3485s out at around 6 cps ~12-13 minute mark.
25 Jul 2015, 09:50 AM

Actually if you don't spend any fuel and the game is progressing a slow pace you can get T3485s out at around 6 cps ~12-13 minute mark.

Doing this as USF is completele impossible because without BAR or nade tech + a light vehicle you will get completely pushed off the map.

USF meta pretty much requires you to tech to nades + bars + stuart, and go armor company.
25 Jul 2015, 09:52 AM

I have a problem with this: 'To encourage and diversify builds we have decided to move the HMG to the HQ'

Ok so lets say for instance steppes, I would like to have a foothold on the island.

If i start with three inf squad as USF i encounter probably 2 mg's and a kubel before i even enter the island. No smoke whatsoever available yet. So i try counter by flanking and get supressed by kubel or second mg and retreat. I'm not saying is impossible to win this engagement but come on, why do you diversify a faction which already had an mg available within a short time but not give the countering faction a similar option.

The other option is to wait a little more until I have some squads and then attack from a couple of sides with teammates. this usually works but german already gained a lot by then.

And the Lolifyed RE strat? Come on. Seriously a RE already vapours when u wink at it. Even in cover. Though ill try it.

I'm going to try all the tips given in this thread about m10's etc. But it worries me a bit that my favourite faction has been set back minutes while it suposed to be the early game dominator.

25 Jul 2015, 09:53 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:50 AMBurts

Doing this as USF is completele impossible because without BAR or nade tech + a light vehicle you will get completely pushed off the map.

USF meta pretty much requires you to tech to nades + bars + stuart, and go armor company.

Doing this as USF is completely impossible because they don't have access to T34-85s.
25 Jul 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:45 AMBurts

T-34/85s and E8s come sooner? Do you even play this game? What you just said was complete nonsense because all mediums got delayed. Soviets don't need T4 because they can easily win the game with just T3 and if they dont they can get an IS-2.

For USF it's not possible to get to major againts competent players and you need armor company if you want to have any chance to win , pretty much.

I just said that the 222 change made the m20 useless, and is is true.

OKW was sort of bad a few patches ago after they nerfed it, but it was not as near as bad as USF is now because they had a bunch of OP units that helped to cover up the parts they lack.

If your playing a normal game that escalates having T34/85's is awesome because you can get them before 10 CP and you don't need to save up fuel to get them. IS2's being limited to one makes it so if your fighting lots of enemy armor your screwed because your 1 IS2 ain't going to be able to handle of it. But really IS2 commanders and 85 commanders are both equally nice right now.

OKW mediums didn't get pushed back, USF mediums got slighty pushed back (because zook's now come with bars and the captain is cheaper), Soviet mediums come fast as hell with the SU-76 coming quite early and T4 being easy to escalate to after that if you want some T34 spam or rocket truck action.

The only mediums that REALLY got pushed back were the Ostheer ones. If the dude is countering your M20 with a 222 just give the crew and extra zook so when you pop out you nail his ass with 160 damage and scare him off. The M20 also has smoke to help it run back to it's lines (hopefully filled with zooks or an early AT gun or Stuart).

25 Jul 2015, 10:17 AM

If your playing a normal game that escalates having T34/85's is awesome because you can get them before 10 CP and you don't need to save up fuel to get them. IS2's being limited to one makes it so if your fighting lots of enemy armor your screwed because your 1 IS2 ain't going to be able to handle of it. But really IS2 commanders and 85 commanders are both equally nice right now.

OKW mediums didn't get pushed back, USF mediums got slighty pushed back (because zook's now come with bars and the captain is cheaper), Soviet mediums come fast as hell with the SU-76 coming quite early and T4 being easy to escalate to after that if you want some T34 spam or rocket truck action.

The only mediums that REALLY got pushed back were the Ostheer ones. If the dude is countering your M20 with a 222 just give the crew and extra zook so when you pop out you nail his ass with 160 damage and scare him off. The M20 also has smoke to help it run back to it's lines (hopefully filled with zooks or an early AT gun or Stuart).

Trust me, i've tried, but againts competent players you really cannot afford to tech major. Againts OKW you might be, but againts ostheer going major is just complete suicide.

And im talking about IS-2 + T3 units. There is no reason to go T4 as soviets this patch.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS