• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
25 Jul 2015, 01:19 AM

well i hope that the brits are better ,so we can forget usf :foreveralone:
25 Jul 2015, 01:47 AM

cant assist rifles like engies did in vcoh

Engineers fighting in CoH1? :lolol:
25 Jul 2015, 01:52 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if the Major's Retreat Point ability also had him bring a Cache of Bazookas and BARs in his little Camp? Of course, that would never happen. :P

Having to give up ground to re-equip your infantry is a real pain in the ass. For a while, I've been hoping Relic would release a commander that would allow you to call in supply trucks that work like Caches to make things easier.
25 Jul 2015, 02:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It was more technically the flamethrowers.

But yeah, the other engineer units we got in CoH2 are far more usable in combat than CoH1's.
25 Jul 2015, 02:18 AM

Can't tell if ignorant or plainly stupid.
25 Jul 2015, 02:31 AM
25 Jul 2015, 02:40 AM

Maybe we've been playing the USF wrong this entire time.

25 Jul 2015, 02:41 AM

Well OKW plays a lot differently than it used to, I can say that for sure.
25 Jul 2015, 02:49 AM

I find USF in 2v2 being very fun atm.
Best moment when watching a big stupid A move Volksblob wiped.
25 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM

Fundamentally the same though, with different things to sink MP and fuel into.

The whole "Riflemen into tanks" thing really, really has fell on its face this patch, I don't remember everyone struggling this much since 2 CP call-ins, or that March deployment.

I'm starting to think that Relic intended REs to be the USFs basic infantry and Riflemen as support. Also starting to think giving light vehicle crews extra zooks might be worth it, arty is meant to be used liberally on enemy base (even knocking out mg nests enabling later raids) and the major is worth giving BARs.

If there is a non-Rifle centric USF general strategy, it'll revolve around gathering a shit ton of munis early game, giving a whole bunch of cheap troops BARs, and pounding the enemy through attrition.

25 Jul 2015, 02:59 AM

Fundamentally the same though, with different things to sink MP and fuel into.

The whole "Riflemen into tanks" thing really, really has fell on its face this patch, I don't remember everyone struggling this much since 2 CP call-ins, or that March deployment.

I'm starting to think that Relic intended REs to be the USFs basic infantry and Riflemen as support. Also starting to think giving light vehicle crews extra zooks might be worth it, arty is meant to be used liberally on enemy base (even knocking out mg nests enabling later raids) and the major is worth giving BARs.

If there is a non-Rifle centric USF general strategy, it'll revolve around gathering a shit ton of munis early game, giving a whole bunch of cheap troops BARs, and pounding the enemy through attrition.

My BO so far:

Spam a crapload of RE, 1-2 Rifles just for early support and can be throw away, spam a crapload of cache, Captain is just for boosting production. maybe a stuart, maybe a scott or Sherman, then bump enough fuel caches to have an endless stream of M10 production. If you did it right, there should be even a surplus, means even you lose a couple of M10s, you don't care.

-> Trollolelol at OKW blob and instant-melt any panzer, (even KT/JT/Tiger Ace)

- screw Jacksons, they sucks
- screw Ez8s, they sucks even more

By the time the big catz rolled out you should have 4-6 M10s. Pop ninja arty on Paks/Raketens. Worked best with ISU/marked target.
25 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM

I have enough of the edit -> quote misclick. :(
25 Jul 2015, 03:08 AM

I've been doing something really similar only muni focused with fast bars , ending in hopefully Jackson spam. I'll try fast M10 though, that thing is life.

Still wish the LT tier was comparable to Captain though.
25 Jul 2015, 03:10 AM

I've been doing something really similar only muni focused with fast bars , ending in hopefully Jackson spam. I'll try fast M10 though, that thing is life.

Still wish the LT tier was comparable to Captain though.

Just don't do Jacks anymore. I can't tell if Jacks being too overpriced or M10 being too cheap for its performance. M10s are MUCH superior.

M10s should arrive as same as Panzer II/Ostwind, earlier than Ost tier III Panzers.
25 Jul 2015, 03:14 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 23:23 PMBurts
Yeah the USF design isint bad, it's just that there is a huge collection of units that are horrible.

Pak Howi is bad, 0.50 cal is bad, m20 is easily countered by 222s, rifles scaling suck, AT gun is mediocre, major arty sucks, time on target arty sucks, m7 mines suck, m8 greyhound sucks, WC51 sucks, bazookas suck.

Plus their heavy infantry play is incredibly hard to pull of due to the crazy performance of MGs this patch.

I disagree with most of these actually. The pak howie is pretty RNG dependent but it performs well as long as you keep it in firing range and don't idle it behind your lines like a mortar all game. The .50 cal is a beast now (although 280 mp might be a tad expensive) the M20 has some really nice counter play versus the .222 with the bazooka crew and smoke. IMO that matchup actually comes down to who micros the engagement properly. The rifle scaling is only weak compared to vet 2 lmg grens, but with the vet 2 rifle nade range nerf the .50 cal can help mitigate this.

I have no idea where the comments about OST t2 shutting down all of the LT tech, because the AAHT absolutely shits on everything that can be produced from there aside from a pak, and as long as you don't eat a TWP/faust you shouldn't be losing your AAHT to a pak.

The ATG is actually pretty reliable, yes major arty is a joke against anything with treads or legs, but it does enough damage to reliably cripple or wipe a pak 43, and can do enough damage to OKW base buildings to finish them off quickly with a supporting ATG or jackson, same goes for the time on time arty. The doctrinal light vehicles are pretty niche and not worth it in most cases, i'll give you that, and bazookas aren't really worth it either, except MAYBE on a RE squad against OKW mechanized if you've already tech'd for bars.

I think most of the issues with the faction are wildly overstated. Yes starting 3 rifles every game is pretty lame, but the faction isn't without options. Armor company against OKW is just outright broken. You can trade vehicles so cost effectively it's not even funny, and the combined arms of LT and CPT gives you the flexibility to deal with just about any threat.

Don't even get me started about Rifle company. Now that the flamers don't explode that is easily the most forgiving commander in the game. Just lost a rifle? No biggie, call in a new vet 2 squad and equip with flamer, bam, you've got your elite infantry replacement.
25 Jul 2015, 03:14 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Worst faction in COH history? lol, you must have missed Opposing Fronts...
25 Jul 2015, 03:42 AM

I disagree with most of these actually. The pak howie is pretty RNG dependent but it performs well as long as you keep it in firing range and don't idle it behind your lines like a mortar all game.

The pack howitzer is a perfectly fine unit itself. The problem is that it is in the USF.

USF is entirely based on being mobile, but the pack only works if it can be relatively close to the front and stay static for a long time. On top of this it's in a tier with zero suppression units. It works against the faction and it makes it really hard to use effectively. Not to mention it basically has the same exact role as the M8 which does the job better.

It also is terrible at range. USF really suffers from lack of rocket arty and the pack really doesn't help at all.
25 Jul 2015, 03:43 AM

I disagree with most of these actually. The pak howie is pretty RNG dependent but it performs well as long as you keep it in firing range and don't idle it behind your lines like a mortar all game. The .50 cal is a beast now (although 280 mp might be a tad expensive) the M20 has some really nice counter play versus the .222 with the bazooka crew and smoke. IMO that matchup actually comes down to who micros the engagement properly. The rifle scaling is only weak compared to vet 2 lmg grens, but with the vet 2 rifle nade range nerf the .50 cal can help mitigate this.

I have no idea where the comments about OST t2 shutting down all of the LT tech, because the AAHT absolutely shits on everything that can be produced from there aside from a pak, and as long as you don't eat a TWP/faust you shouldn't be losing your AAHT to a pak.

The ATG is actually pretty reliable, yes major arty is a joke against anything with treads or legs, but it does enough damage to reliably cripple or wipe a pak 43, and can do enough damage to OKW base buildings to finish them off quickly with a supporting ATG or jackson, same goes for the time on time arty. The doctrinal light vehicles are pretty niche and not worth it in most cases, i'll give you that, and bazookas aren't really worth it either, except MAYBE on a RE squad against OKW mechanized if you've already tech'd for bars.

I think most of the issues with the faction are wildly overstated. Yes starting 3 rifles every game is pretty lame, but the faction isn't without options. Armor company against OKW is just outright broken. You can trade vehicles so cost effectively it's not even funny, and the combined arms of LT and CPT gives you the flexibility to deal with just about any threat.

Don't even get me started about Rifle company. Now that the flamers don't explode that is easily the most forgiving commander in the game. Just lost a rifle? No biggie, call in a new vet 2 squad and equip with flamer, bam, you've got your elite infantry replacement.

Calling in Armor Company Artillery on an OKW players medic truck can cost the OKW player the game due to the hi AoE of the shells and the fact they do death crit damage instead of normal damage. It essentially creates a no go zone for a significant portion of time. Also dozer shermans are good for wiping Obers and other elite infantry.
25 Jul 2015, 04:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 02:18 AMPorygon
Can't tell if ignorant or plainly stupid.

I played a lot of CoH1 and I don't think I've ever seen Engineers kill anything except other Pioneers or Panzergrenadiers (which where purposely made vulnerable to Engineers). Seeing Engineers and Pioneers killing Grenadiers and Conscripts was one of the first things I noticed in CoH2, they could actually fight.
25 Jul 2015, 04:19 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if the Major's Retreat Point ability also had him bring a Cache of Bazookas and BARs in his little Camp? Of course, that would never happen. :P

Where-ever did you get that idea from? Kappa

Having to give up ground to re-equip your infantry is a real pain in the ass. For a while, I've been hoping Relic would release a commander that would allow you to call in supply trucks that work like Caches to make things easier.

It is quite annoying, especially when you are at the point where you rely on the major's retreat point. I really hate how the racks are spaced; they should all just be right next to each located at the spot where infantry retreat. Sometimes the weapon i want tends to be at the other side of the base where infantry retreat at..
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 17
New Zealand 15
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %