Login

russian armor

Broken balance USF vs OST

PAGES (11)down
24 Jul 2015, 14:04 PM

I saw that game too, and I don't think you are fair in your assessment. Dusty had dominant map and fuel control, in 90% of all cases this is followed up by Major tech/Sherman, so getting preemptive AT makes a whole lot of sense typically - speaking of non-meta strats and such.

Well, perhaps i'm wrong. But whatever. One game doesn't prove much, and i do hope dusty can show us the way of USF :snfPeter:

But i doubt it.

Just because someone managed to beat US with PE in coh 1 doesn't mean US doesn't have an advantage vs PE in 1v1.
24 Jul 2015, 14:04 PM

Waddafuck Cruzz? Just tech early T3 with Quad (3cps) follow it up with SU76 (which also has AI utility) at 4cp, augment with doctrine of your choice, gg.
24 Jul 2015, 14:06 PM
Patrion 14

Waddafuck Cruzz? Just tech early T3 with Quad (3cps) follow it up with SU76 (which also has AI utility) at 4cp, augment with doctrine of your choice, gg.

Cough... wrong faction bud.
24 Jul 2015, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 14:04 PMBurts

Well, perhaps i'm wrong. But whatever. One game doesn't prove much, and i do hope dusty can show us the way of USF :snfPeter:

But i doubt it.

Just because someone managed to beat US with PE in coh 1 doesn't mean US doesn't have an advantage vs PE in 1v1.

FYI: The few Ostheer games I've so far played against competent USF, (including players I've beaten more than once before), I got rolled, hard, and without fail. Lots of elite rifles, early grenade tech, Stuart (now tanking 2 Pak shots), and thats that. Only once ever got into a lategame.
But ye, time will undoubtedly tell.
24 Jul 2015, 14:08 PM

Write it down boys, this will be new USF meta now :foreveralone:
24 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 13:42 PMCruzz

Dusty doesn't play 1vs1 at even the top-50 level, even if he somehow was managing to win this patch as USF (which I doubt), it would mean very little against the opponents I have to face.

I already played over 20 games as USF this patch (Dusty has a total of 54 games played as USF ever in 1vs1), how many more losses am I supposed to rack up against people just outspamming me with volks and grens and their cheaper and superior vehicles before I can stop torturing myself?

The most viable play as USF is to go Rifle Company, make 1 normal rifle and then 3 elite rifles, get flamers on everyone, get captain and stuart, and then if you haven't won after 10 minutes you /leave because you don't have a chance anymore.

You know I used to be top 50 in 1v1 with all factions last year right? I know how to play, and I especially know how to adapt.

I have a funeral to go to this weekend, when I get back I will show you how to play USF since otherwise you're just going to keep crying on the forums with this insanely defeatist attitude. The patch hasn't even been out a week and you're already done. That's pathetic, I expected much more from you.

I've won all the 10 1v1s with USF this path, against opponents ranging from rank 1 to 150, and countless 2v2s with top 50 players. I played USF the entire day and didn't lose a single match. Apparently the pak howitzer isn't as shit as the high and mighty cruz thinks.

Try out some different shit instead of banging your head against the wall.
24 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 14:04 PMBurts

But i doubt it.

You know very well that I played more than a single 1v1 yesterday, you weren't saying shit when you watched me beat them because you knew you were wrong, just like queen ratchet.
24 Jul 2015, 14:50 PM

You know very well that I played more than a single 1v1 yesterday, you weren't saying shit when you watched me beat them because you knew you were wrong, just like queen ratchet.

Well, i might be wrong, but all the other games were againts fairly low ranked players ~top 150 or so. Not that that is bad, but still.
24 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 14:50 PMBurts

Well, i might be wrong, but all the other games were againts fairly low ranked players ~top 150 or so. Not that that is bad, but still.

Since when did 150 mean fairly low ranked? Are you even in the top 150? 150 means they're at the very least competent.
24 Jul 2015, 14:56 PM

Since when did 150 mean fairly low ranked? Are you even in the top 150? 150 means they're at the very least competent.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198033352922 this is my playercard, keep in mind i dont play OKW in 1v1 cause i dont like them :snfPeter: and i used to be top 100 for USF before this patch And yes, i consider top 150 just average. I myself am a pretty bad player, especially now since i dont play this game much nowadays since i mostly play CS GO.
24 Jul 2015, 15:29 PM

My issue with USF and Sov currently is successful flanks early aren't really that rewarding. You take so much MP damage even with a perfect 3-way flank on an MG/Gren/Gren position that you're really not helping yourself. 5 mins of territory control just doesn't really make that huge a difference. Smart players will just retreat everything after inflicting more MP damage than you've done to them and come back with a higher tier unit. Whereas in COH1 the fact that capping units weren't effective at fighting while capping meant territory control meant a crap ton more (along with the later possibility of a popcap cutoff).

I think USF really needs a jeep - the scout car really helps Sov in figuring out where they can position, and what avenues of attack to use. I don't have the Dodge truck commander - maybe some people can make more use of it. Smoke is still underused though, but nades are a tad expensive I think.

As for Sov, I really wouldn't mind seeing both faction's snipers rebuffed against buildings. Large buildings just let MGs sit in flame, and they probably won't die. You won't get off more than one Molotov against a good player with losing a con squad in the process.

24 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

USF really needs a sniper or Mortar in T0.
24 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

I think USF really needs a jeep -

The jeep in mechanized commander in current state is terrible. It probably needs ~10 burst wich takes like half a minute to kill the Ostheer sniper. Thats how bad it is DPS wise. I think it has less health than kubel aswell.

Would be nice if this unit could be used as a flanking/ sniper hunting unit. But in current state it dies from small arms fire in 5sec. :lolol:
24 Jul 2015, 15:42 PM

I think USF design for early game is so stupid now due to the fact MG-42 got buff (T0 + Suppression), and only TECH upgrade + muni heavy nade is the ONLY viable hard counter play available.
24 Jul 2015, 15:43 PM

If your answer is #adapt to the very strict build order that keeps USF in the game vs Ostheer then that means it was a bad patch for USF.

Unless a faction doing the same build every game is considered good now. I don't really know how this board feels about that. Everyone loved Guard Motor so much maybe that is what they want to go back to.
24 Jul 2015, 15:46 PM

The jeep in mechanized commander in current state is terrible. It probably needs ~10 burst wich takes like half a minute to kill the Ostheer sniper. Thats how bad it is DPS wise. I think it has less health than kubel aswell.

Would be nice if this unit could be used as a flanking/ sniper hunting unit. But in current state it dies from small arms fire in 5sec. :lolol:

Try putting a rifle in it :P
24 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

It's sad that I'm losing to people I remember dominating. I don't even look at my rank anymore :(

REs with weapon racks are a better choice than Rifles with grenades, which is sad. When what's considered the core of the faction isn't worth building you know you have issues.
25 Jul 2015, 06:25 AM
25 Jul 2015, 13:25 PM

give germans brooms
25 Jul 2015, 23:10 PM
Donator 11

Can we give USF at least sticky nades rather than AT rifle nade? lol at least fix something
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS