Option Distribution Votes
73%
20%
2%
5%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM

While I love the new changes to OKW and absolutely do not want to see them reverted, ever. There is one slight concern.

With the new changes to OKW, some players are now unable to use the Sturmtiger, and there is no substitute for this vehicle either. The Sturmtiger is a very niche but unique unit that should not be locked behind a doctrine that not everyone has access to. I believe the Sturmtiger should be moved to Special Operations Doctrine for this reason.

On the other hand, players without a Command Panther can still make Panthers. While players without Sturmtigers cannot replace them with anything. For that reason I believe placing the Command Panther in Elite Armor won't hurt gameplay as much as taking away the Sturmtiger does.

*Note that regardless of what happens to Command Panther or Sturmtiger, Panzer IV shall remain in Flak HQ unless otherwise stated.
19 Jul 2015, 21:31 PM

You've already got compensated with the P4.
Nothing else really is needed.

Its not like you can't get the doctrine through war spoils anyway.

And sturmtiger was used sooo often and sooo much being sooo meta, that it only reinforces the argument that its not needed at all for anything, but its something for people who want it optionally, these people will still be able to do it with the doctrine choice.

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.
19 Jul 2015, 21:32 PM

Then there would be zero reasons to choose Spec ops doctrine over Scavenge
19 Jul 2015, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 21:32 PMl4hti
Then there would be zero reasons to choose Spec ops doctrine over Scavenge

Then perhaps that's a problem with Scavenge being too good and not related to the discussion at hand?
19 Jul 2015, 22:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 21:31 PMKatitof

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.
19 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM

Hell no, spec ops called spec ops for reason.
19 Jul 2015, 22:45 PM

Changes are fine, strumtiger actually sounds appealing now with that range buff.
19 Jul 2015, 22:51 PM

The only reason I'd support this (which I don't) is that the Command Panther is more synergistic with Elite Armoured than the Sturmtiger is. This is because I care about game design.

If not being able to use a Sturmtiger anymore is really that much of an issue to anyone, I'm sure they can pony up a dollar during the next Steam sale. I've no sympathy for any entitled outrage in the name of "ethics" or w/e.
19 Jul 2015, 23:09 PM

Radio Silence + Sturmtiger :)
19 Jul 2015, 23:15 PM
Donator 11

Imagine command panther and increased pen bullets in one commander. Its already a problem of that 2 commander combo in 2v2 nobody wants to see it in 1v1s.
20 Jul 2015, 00:32 AM
Patrion 27

If you want a Sturm Tiger THAT BAD (and don't have the patience for it to drop FOR FREE,) and you pay for internet + a pc + COH2... you can pay $4.99 ONCE to get the Sturm forever.
20 Jul 2015, 02:29 AM

Sturmtiger totally rocks Stalingrad, especially against US: all those blobbing rifleman, shame to drop a rocket on your face.
20 Jul 2015, 02:46 AM

No, don't ruin my favourite doctrine (spec ops).
Sunglasses Swag commander needs to keep his command panther.
20 Jul 2015, 07:39 AM

The Sturmtiger is a very niche but unique unit that should not be locked behind a doctrine that not everyone has access to.

I neither have EVER played with a StuG E nor with a Tiger Ace.
I have never played with an Easy 8, with a B4, with Field HQ, With KV-1, With KV-2, With Partisans, with Assault Grenadiers, and so on, and so on.

Why? Because I simply do not own the commanders and I will NEVER EVER pay for anything besides expansions.

These are all units that should (or could) be stock but they are not.
The Sturm Tiger itself is just a gimmick unit that is useful in may 1 out of 50 games.
That's the definition of a unit that should be behind a commander.
20 Jul 2015, 11:27 AM

I have never played with an Easy 8, with a B4, with Field HQ, With KV-1, With KV-2, With Partisans, with Assault Grenadiers, and so on, and so on.

Why? Because I simply do not own the commanders and I will NEVER EVER pay for anything besides expansions.

The Sturm Tiger itself is just a gimmick unit that is useful in may 1 out of 50 games.

Man, you just mad me sad. Never really thought about the amount of content I'm missing just because I only paid for the full game. Especially considering the fact that some of these commanders are straight up better (like elite troops/mech).

On topic, I think it would be more fitting fluff wise for it to be breakthrough - sturmtiger, elite armor - jagdtiger.
20 Jul 2015, 12:10 PM

Now, without a global sturmtiger, how is the OKW faction supposed to in-game troll their opponents anymore? RELIICCCCC :foreveralone:

Now you must use one commander slot for trolling purposes. The troll commander. :foreveralone:
20 Jul 2015, 12:21 PM

Man, you just mad me sad. Never really thought about the amount of content I'm missing just because I only paid for the full game. Especially considering the fact that some of these commanders are straight up better (like elite troops/mech).

On topic, I think it would be more fitting fluff wise for it to be breakthrough - sturmtiger, elite armor - jagdtiger.

Jadgtiger with 50% more damage heat shells, jesus christ.
20 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM

Now, without a global sturmtiger, how is the OKW faction supposed to in-game troll their opponents anymore? RELIICCCCC :foreveralone:

Now you must use one commander slot for trolling purposes. The troll commander. :foreveralone:

I thought OKW was developed for trolling purposes in the first place, being special snowflake in everything and al?
20 Jul 2015, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned

dude warspoils gave me all the okw and USF commanders in the first 2 months. You dont have to pay for shit.
20 Jul 2015, 20:18 PM

dude warspoils gave me all the okw and USF commanders in the first 2 months. You dont have to pay for shit.

So?
Lucky you.
I don't have the time to play 24/7 like some guys on this page, I get to play maybe 3-5 games a week.
This means about 1 war spoil drop per week. And in 99% of the cases it's simply a bulletin or a skin that's absolutely useless.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★