Login

russian armor

Osttruppen Irregulars and Partisans

17 Jul 2015, 17:51 PM

Hey internet strangers,

I'm a sucky casual player but would like to see these units balanced for the next patch. I rarely see them used and I'd like to face them sometime for the sake of change. Ideas:

• Standardize the Ostruppen within the doctrines. A ninja change last patch make the truppen worse in one doctrine compared to the other. Correct by Cruzz
  • Partisans and Irregulars allow them to survive a bit more and address their outdated small weapons profiles.

What would the community do to fix them up?
17 Jul 2015, 17:54 PM

Id also say Assault Grens need work, their scaling is awful. We can probably just speak on behalf of everyone when we say we want ALL commanders looked at and rebalanced or made viable. There are way too many Sov/Ost commanders that aren't worth the panel space in the commander screen.
17 Jul 2015, 17:57 PM

Seeing how Jason is on a roll I think we should encourage that exact thing Rogers.
17 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

I thought Mobile Defense Ostruppen had "too good" received accuracy, so they made it 1.25 like the Ostruppen commander.

So now they both suck.
17 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM
Donator 33

Yeah, those units really need some love.

Regarding Osttruppen:

It would be a good start to make their cover bonus actually work in garrisons and maybe lower their received acc modifier a bit?
17 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 17:51 PMNapalm
Hey internet strangers,

I'm a sucky casual player but would like to see these units balanced for the next patch. I rarely see them used and I'd like to face them sometime for the sake of change. Ideas:

• Standardize the Ostruppen within the doctrines. A ninja change last patch make the truppen worse in one doctrine compared to the other.
  • Partisans and Irregulars allow them to survive a bit more and address their outdated small weapons profiles.

What would the community do to fix them up?

You misunderstood what was changed, the Puma ostruppen were notably better than others before, now all ostruppen are the same.

Irregulars actually have fairly good guns (as they use guard mosins), only their (partisan) LMGs stink.
17 Jul 2015, 18:03 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hey internet strangers,
  • Standardize the Ostruppen within the doctrines. A ninja change last patch make the truppen worse in one doctrine compared to the other.

Wait wait wait. Didn't that change to the Mobile Defense's Osttruppen actually bring them to be in line with Ostruppen from different doctrines? I remember that Osttruppen from Mobile Defense were lacking the x1,25 received accuracy modifier that the others had, so they were essentially BETTER.
17 Jul 2015, 18:04 PM

Thanks for the correction Cruzz.
17 Jul 2015, 18:04 PM

I've been advocating for partisans and irregulars removal of their accuracy penalty for so long now...

I felt like osttruppen were performing nicely recently, but mobile defense osttruppen definitely felt tougher as they have lacked 1.25 rec acc modifier most likely. They aren't self sufficient, but are great supporting troops, vet fast and scale quite nicely(their penalty goes away with vet).
17 Jul 2015, 18:06 PM

Osttruppen beste unit ingame

17 Jul 2015, 18:07 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 17:54 PMRogers
Id also say Assault Grens need work, their scaling is awful.

Yes please. I like CQC and flanking, but they don't do that very well :(
17 Jul 2015, 18:19 PM
Patrion 14

i would like cloaking for partisans and irregulars.
17 Jul 2015, 18:20 PM

That is a pretty slick idea actually.
17 Jul 2015, 18:21 PM
Modmaker Badge

To be fair, I think that Irregulars can be completely removed and just replaced by regular Partisans. Camouflage in cover would be indeed nice, but I doubt it would greatly improve their performance with the exception of PPSh Partisans.
17 Jul 2015, 18:22 PM

How to fix Oustruppen the Doctrine.

- Remove 25% received accuracy of Oustruppen but raise the price slightly (apply this to all oustruppen regardless of doctrine)

- Make the bonus they get work in buildings and trenches

- Replace the conversion of fuel to munitions with a passive conversion of fuel to manpower (like 20% less fuel income but 33% more MP income)

- Make trench more durable and unable to be garrisoned by enemy troops but cost manpower

- Replace railway artillery with the Command Panther; which gives it's bonus's to infantry and tanks but only has 3 levels of veterancy and no mark target.

- Artillery Officer is fine as is.

This way the doctrine is more about supporting massed infantry rather than just being a gimmick doctrine were you spam railway at the end and forget Oustruppen exist because the fuel to muni conversion allows you to spam Shrek Pgrens and LMG grens.

17 Jul 2015, 19:35 PM
Donator 22

How to fix Oustruppen the Doctrine.

- Remove 25% received accuracy of Oustruppen but raise the price slightly (apply this to all oustruppen regardless of doctrine)

- Make the bonus they get work in buildings and trenches

- Replace the conversion of fuel to munitions with a passive conversion of fuel to manpower (like 20% less fuel income but 33% more MP income)

- Make trench more durable and unable to be garrisoned by enemy troops but cost manpower

- Replace railway artillery with the Command Panther; which gives it's bonus's to infantry and tanks but only has 3 levels of veterancy and no mark target.

- Artillery Officer is fine as is.

This way the doctrine is more about supporting massed infantry rather than just being a gimmick doctrine were you spam railway at the end and forget Oustruppen exist because the fuel to muni conversion allows you to spam Shrek Pgrens and LMG grens.

Ostruppen are very much viable at least in 1v1s if you are good with snipers and HMGs. They are the meat shield for your MGs and with fausts they can defend your sniper from light vehicle rushes. In cover and long range they can trade MP with allied infantry. They don't really bleed MP so you can more easily get big army.

Muni convert and railway seem to be a waste in that doctrine imo. If you go ostruppen you have a lot of freedom with your muni purchases, you can get flamer and med bunker early and plant all the mines you need. And railway is just large area denial and you never get any kills with it unless your enemy falls asleep, but for area denial it's way too expenive if you compare it to incediary barrage.

17 Jul 2015, 19:41 PM

I sometimes use partisans. First change I'd make to them is make sure they always have additional weapons, with just their mosins they are really, really useless in combat and I wont reinforce them.
17 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Osttruppen beste unit ingame

That is obscene :D...and conceivably worse even than vCoH Piospam...:D...have you placed the vid in trending? :thumb:
17 Jul 2015, 19:49 PM

• Partisans and Irregulars allow them to survive a bit more

Add 1 man to the squad per veterancy level(vet2 and vet3)
17 Jul 2015, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 19:35 PMassbag

Ostruppen are very much viable at least in 1v1s if you are good with snipers and HMGs. They are the meat shield for your MGs and with fausts they can defend your sniper from light vehicle rushes. In cover and long range they can trade MP with allied infantry. They don't really bleed MP so you can more easily get big army.

Muni convert and railway seem to be a waste in that doctrine imo. If you go ostruppen you have a lot of freedom with your muni purchases, you can get flamer and med bunker early and plant all the mines you need. And railway is just large area denial and you never get any kills with it unless your enemy falls asleep, but for area denial it's way too expenive if you compare it to incediary barrage.

I'm not a 1v1 player by any margin so I can't really comment on there viability there. But in 2's the amount of DPS and MG's on the field tend to make Oustruppen hard to use because they don't have any real "umph" to them.

Tbh the best thing IN Oustruppen Doctrine for me is the fuel to muni conversion because I can spam mines, LMG's and shreks and railway enemy bases at the end just as a big "fuck you" for letting me get to 12 CP.

I really like the concept of Oustruppen, but the doctrine is anemic due to the ROF bonus being bugged in buildings and trenches being very underwhelming (good for cheese like blocking retreat paths tho). Something like a Command Tank to reduce damage or increase damage on top of the synergy with the Artillery Officer would go a long way towards making it more interesting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★