Login

russian armor

Osttruppen Irregulars and Partisans

17 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM

How to fix Oustruppen the Doctrine.

- Remove 25% received accuracy of Oustruppen but raise the price slightly (apply this to all oustruppen regardless of doctrine)

- Make the bonus they get work in buildings and trenches

I don't think that they should cost more than 200 MP - the whole point of them is being dirt cheap and easily replaceble. I actually think they are fine, even with the received acc.

- Replace the conversion of fuel to munitions with a passive conversion of fuel to manpower (like 20% less fuel income but 33% more MP income)

- Make trench more durable and unable to be garrisoned by enemy troops but cost manpower

The first idea is nice, but the "humf" that the doctrine has is the fuel to muni conversion. I don't know how it would be with that rate of MP income, but certainly it would be a lot of guys running around, cashes everywhere.

A trench with a cost and more durable, not usable by the enemy... Hmm, isn't it a "bunker"?

- Replace railway artillery with the Command Panther; which gives it's bonus's to infantry and tanks but only has 3 levels of veterancy and no mark target.

That is a great idea.

This way the doctrine is more about supporting massed infantry rather than just being a gimmick doctrine were you spam railway at the end and forget Oustruppen exist because the fuel to muni conversion allows you to spam Shrek Pgrens and LMG grens.

I use it a lot in 1v1's. Ostruppen are good even in late game, specially to rearm those weapons that stood around... Like that achievement says.
17 Jul 2015, 21:02 PM

That is obscene :D...and conceivably worse even than vCoH Piospam...:D...have you placed the vid in trending? :thumb:

its there now ;)
17 Jul 2015, 21:09 PM

A trench with a cost and more durable, not usable by the enemy... Hmm, isn't it a "bunker"?

Can't garrison bunkers with mortars B-)

The first idea is nice, but the "humf" that the doctrine has is the fuel to muni conversion. I don't know how it would be with that rate of MP income, but certainly it would be a lot of guys running around, cashes everywhere.

That's the idea, less tanks more support weapon play to support your Oustruppen. The whole "theme" should be Hungarians or w/e Oustruppen are supported by the occasional German tank and lead by German officers.

I don't think that they should cost more than 200 MP - the whole point of them is being dirt cheap and easily replaceble. I actually think they are fine, even with the received acc.

Costing slightly more but being more effective would make them easier for players to sue them instead of having to micro elventy billion squads.

17 Jul 2015, 21:33 PM

Prostruppen are already fine in 1v1. I do believe trenches could use some love but the rest of the doctrine is fine.
17 Jul 2015, 21:44 PM

Prostruppen are already fine in 1v1. I do believe trenches could use some love but the rest of the doctrine is fine.

You can change it to be more effective in more than just 1v1 while keeping it fine in the rest of the game modes. I just can't get it to work effectively in 2's and above.
17 Jul 2015, 21:50 PM

Partisans refo cost is damn high. Maybe if thebrefo cost would the same as for the ostruppen...
Also rallyway arty should be replaced with buildable 15cm sfh arty, so the arty officer would be very useful too.
17 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM

Permanently Banned
How about penal squads? They could use some love, they pretty much don't scale at all unless you blob them with flamethrowers which gives them some survivabilty

Apart from that, how about another USF infantry unit. The rifle spam is getting old to face and it is just boring to play yourself.
17 Jul 2015, 22:23 PM

give USF rangers

make a T3 / T4 upgrade that turns all cons into Frontoviki

give partisans an ability like "Withdraw & Refit", that refunds part of their cost and makes them retreat from the map

I don't know what to do with ostruppen lol, people here are claiming they "work" in 1v1, but I suspect that's because 1v1 has more emphasis on playing grab-ass with cap points than fighting
17 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM
Donator 33

didint Relic recently nerf the Partisan weapons by 15%, since it was discovered by Cruzzi?
17 Jul 2015, 23:09 PM

Oustruppen

Is it really that difficult to spell Osttruppen? :snfCHVGame:
17 Jul 2015, 23:24 PM

Is it really that difficult to spell Osttruppen? :snfCHVGame:

Sorry, I tend to spell things how I say then. Awustruppen :snfPeter:
18 Jul 2015, 02:06 AM

Sorry, I tend to spell things how I say then. Awustruppen :snfPeter:

i call them zerglingtruppen. These guys are rather powerful in numbers and its very easy to build a lot of them.
18 Jul 2015, 03:47 AM
Patrion 14

Ostruppen are fine. I've always gotten good use out of them in 1s and 2s. The only thing I would add for them would be the ability to build sandbags.
18 Jul 2015, 04:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

18 Jul 2015, 07:24 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Osttruppen need a little bit of work in my opinion. Currently they are too useless for their cost and perhaps they should be cheaper. Maybe remove the tier 1 panzerfaust requirement so that they would be able to deal with the m3's straight from the off and you would not have to waste resources into building t1. This would also change the meta and add variability to the Ostheer faction as players could now safely choose to skip tier 1 if they wished.
18 Jul 2015, 08:49 AM

It is not a bunker, it is a nuke shelter. B-)
18 Jul 2015, 09:19 AM

Osttruppen need a little bit of work in my opinion. Currently they are too useless for their cost and perhaps they should be cheaper. Maybe remove the tier 1 panzerfaust requirement so that they would be able to deal with the m3's straight from the off and you would not have to waste resources into building t1. This would also change the meta and add variability to the Ostheer faction as players could now safely choose to skip tier 1 if they wished.

+1 I want to do t2 ostturpen builds so much but I know Scout car spam would end me
18 Jul 2015, 09:58 AM
Patrion 14

+1 I want to do t2 ostturpen builds so much but I know Scout car spam would end me

I never understand why people want to skip T1. Its 10 fu and 80 mp I believe, which is peanuts, especially since it gives you great support weapons. Just pretend that you are paying 80mp and 10fu to unlock fausts on your Ostruppen, like Sovs have to pay for AT nades.

Skipping T1 doesn't give you any real advantages, besides maybe a 30 second faster T2.
18 Jul 2015, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 04:12 AMVuther
Obligatory

That one Jewish star always gets me
18 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That one Jewish star always gets me

....Jeebus, I never even noticed that.

And I've looked at that thing a lot, friggin' love it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★