Login

russian armor

Relic should rely less on community balance advices

17 Jul 2015, 07:33 AM

Top 50 is probably the best indeed
17 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 07:30 AMSahinK
RTS games obviously should be balanced with feedbacks from top 50, maybe but maybe max top 200 of players...

Starcraft II community and feedbacks is a good example of this...

Anyone without that level of skill should better be watch replays and try to improve their skills instead of flaming in forums meaninglessly....
This is elitist nonsense. Even ignoring the fact that CoH2 has a largely casual player-base compared to games like Starcraft 2, gaining feedback from all levels of play is vital for good game design. If Relic can make the game less frustrating and more enjoyable at all levels, that builds up a solid player-base. This in turn boosts sales, increasing funding and making continued, quality support for CoH2 in Relic's best interests.

tl;dr it doesn't take a top 200 to tell that things like plane crashes are universally negative game experiences.
17 Jul 2015, 08:25 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 07:37 AMTalore
This is elitist nonsense. Even ignoring the fact that CoH2 has a largely casual player-base compared to games like Starcraft 2, gaining feedback from all levels of play is vital for good game design. If Relic can make the game less frustrating and more enjoyable at all levels, that builds up a solid player-base. This in turn boosts sales, increasing funding and making continued, quality support for CoH2 in Relic's best interests.

tl;dr it doesn't take a top 200 to tell that things like plane crashes are universally negative game experiences.

balancing around top 50 =/= balancing only for top 50.

that is a design flaw, not balance flaw.
17 Jul 2015, 08:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Need to send Axis fanboys into GULAGS :p
Ye, the axis lobby are more powerful in community than allies, becouse we fap fap fap at germans tanks and another lier propaganda stuff :D. Just look how many thread are axis cry about balance, guard motor (maybe 90% of them Kappa). This all situation are like in politics, axis are always majority (and lobby there interest to play more easy) in Senat/Rada/parliament and another and allies are opposition with clever ideas and cool leaders :snfBarton:.

17 Jul 2015, 08:38 AM

Axis tanks are just UBAH
17 Jul 2015, 09:38 AM

Totally agree. Moreover, think about ALL game modes you support. Or just disable 4v4. Or create specific rules for it. For each one?..
17 Jul 2015, 13:45 PM

Need to send Axis fanboys into GULAGS :p
Ye, the axis lobby are more powerful in community than allies, becouse we fap fap fap at germans tanks and another lier propaganda stuff :D. Just look how many thread are axis cry about balance, guard motor (maybe 90% of them Kappa). This all situation are like in politics, axis are always majority (and lobby there interest to play more easy) in Senat/Rada/parliament and another and allies are opposition with clever ideas and cool leaders :snfBarton:.

I don't think Axis fanboys tears river is bigger than Allied fanboys tears river, on the contrary, if I think at the amount of OKW OP threads in the past I could say that the biggest whiners are among allied fanboys. You are a fanboy yourself, the proof is this verry post you wrote.
17 Jul 2015, 14:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 13:45 PMJohnnyB

I don't think Axis fanboys tears river is bigger than Allied fanboys tears river, on the contrary, if I think at the amount of OKW OP threads in the past I could say that the biggest whiners are among allied fanboys. You are a fanboy yourself, the proof is this verry post you wrote.

Lel, it was sarcasm, but i see that axis fanboys are to serius to understand it :p . If you forget that whine aobut OKW have good proof, stats and example.
17 Jul 2015, 15:33 PM

The notion that Axis fanboys are preeminent on this forum is pretty laughable. The better part of whine threads I see come from the resident majority Allied teamgame population. And I omit the sad characters who masturbate to pictures of dead Germans in their basement, some of which are present in this very thread...with that being said, there is of course no shortage of Axis fanboyismo either. In fact, the people who are genuinely interested in balanced gameplay are probably in the minority here. O tempora, o mores.

Before this sounds too harsh, I am well aware that large teamgames are actually Axis favoured, making at least part of the complaints entirely legitimate, however again I think that 3s and 4s do need to take a backseat when it comes to balance concerns.
17 Jul 2015, 16:24 PM
Patrion 14

I am offensive and I find this axis fanboy.
17 Jul 2015, 17:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to the Lobby
17 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

As an impartial member of this community, I've gotta say that the number of fanboys for each faction (defined by myself as those individuals who insist on using terms like "us" and "them") is pretty even overall, although at times one side does spike.

I don't really think there's a correlation between the game's state and fanboys; some people just have a tendency to view the factions as some kinds of discrete communities. These people exist in every game and insist on playing "their" faction for ideological reasons more than anything else. These people exist within the CoH community as well.
17 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM

Top 50 is probably the best indeed

You mean Quentin or Paul m8? :snfCHVGame:
17 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

You mean Quentin or Paul m8? :snfCHVGame:

Hahahaha, I mean Jesulin, Luvnest and stuff. Paul = McBlobborino and Quintin is la Français N00borino
17 Jul 2015, 19:00 PM

I read OP as:

Problem is Relic taking too much balance from biased community members.

To fix this, I recommend Relic massively buff allies.

+1 He is mis-reading what Relic is FINALLY doing. :foreveralone:

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 13:45 PMJohnnyB

From bias point of view, there is little difference between Katitof, pussyking and Cruzz. The only thing is that allied fanboys has someone like Cruzz with enough time to investigate every line of code and stay day and nights to learn by heart all patches and the changes they brought. That is why his posts look more credible - being verry well documented - when (allways) speaking in allies' favor. For instance, this post related to mortars. Nothing about squad models number. I don't know, I think it's relevant. The sqyuad models number of the mortar and the squad models number of units that these mortars are firing at. One 120 shell will fall on top of 4 models. One grw 81 shell will fall on top of six models. No matter what is their health, 6 models may be scatered on a wider area than 4. The 120 remains in one model and retreats. Grw 81 remains in one model and dies. Emphasizing just the things that show how weak is an allied unit and subtile implying that a buff is needed is Cruzz's speciality. Nothing about unbalanced / UP Axis units. Never. Not one single word. If that's not bias, I don't know what it is. Now let them shoot, I am out of this stupid thread anyway.

Hypocrite. :foreveralone:
19 Jul 2015, 12:37 PM

the title of the thread already told me what to expect in here. i just wanted to find out if the op was favoring axis or allies (either would have been fun in its own way), but then...
the good ol' ludic fallacy of axis:allies ratio... plus a horrible slippery slope argument...

and it gets even better from there! the claim that cruzz is an allies fanboy, when he has played 400 more games with ostheer than with any other faction, is ridiculous to say the least

10/ 10 would facepalm again

edit:
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 07:37 AMTalore

+1 to that
19 Jul 2015, 13:01 PM

the reason why axis will in general have more players than allies is because quite frankly, axis look way cooler than allies. none of the allied tanks are as aesthetically pleasing as a tiger, in fact theyre all fucking ugly lmao.

This is one of the reasons the Axis lost. A fetish for "cool" looking "super" weapons they couldn't build or maintain. The looks were modeled but not the actual use (like breaking down, running out of fuel, never ever having enough of them).

Big tanks, "krupp steel" (in truth the steel the Germans had was shit), fancy uniforms, and legions of soldiers at attention in an Leni Riefenstahl film are what amateurs thinks wins wars.

But it is won with mass production, reliable equipment with the right technological equipment (has Relic ever modeled gun stabilization on the Sherman? The Germans didn't have it). A Tiger with engine destroyed can't move its turret, is that modeled, or just the sexy?
19 Jul 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 13:01 PMAvNY

has Relic ever modeled gun stabilization on the Sherman

Actually, they have. Shermans on the move suffer only 0.75 accuracy penalty, while other tanks have 0.5 modifier.
19 Jul 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 13:36 PMKatitof

Actually, they have. Shermans on the move suffer only 0.75 accuracy penalty, while other tanks have 0.5 modifier.

Well...every single USF ballistic gun except Greyhound 37mm and Bulldozer 105mm have 0.75, so that hardly says much about sherman stabilizer.
19 Jul 2015, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 13:01 PMAvNY

This is one of the reasons the Axis lost. A fetish for "cool" looking "super" weapons they couldn't build or maintain. The looks were modeled but not the actual use (like breaking down, running out of fuel, never ever having enough of them).

Big tanks, "krupp steel" (in truth the steel the Germans had was shit), fancy uniforms, and legions of soldiers at attention in an Leni Riefenstahl film are what amateurs thinks wins wars.

But it is won with mass production, reliable equipment with the right technological equipment (has Relic ever modeled gun stabilization on the Sherman? The Germans didn't have it). A Tiger with engine destroyed can't move its turret, is that modeled, or just the sexy?

too bad that who actually won the war doesnt relate to whom ppl prefer to play at all, eh?
you feel the urge to express your opinion on quality when lemon was talking mere looks (which actually influence player preference)

you made this thread
11/10 faceplams
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight