Login

russian armor

Relic should rely less on community balance advices

17 Jul 2015, 00:56 AM

Hello everyone!

I used to visit those forums since game release, but last balance changes forced me to register and write this post.

The base problem of Company of Heroes 2 is the allies/axis playerbases ratio. That makes all balance changes advised by community totally inconsistent. Just imagine: how fair it could be, if for 4 of each 5 players main faction is axis. And of course they will whine about allies OPs.

The only way to make community advices more consistent is to give to USF/Soviets HUGE buff. Of course, it will puss off guys with epic German nicknames, but those, who plays for faction which just suits better to their playstyle, will have to switch to allies, therefore balancing number of players for each side. Only when numbers of players will be even, fine-tuning will make sense. Because changing game current way will end up in relics adding axis vs axis matchup, because no one will play for allies with nerfed start/mid game and overall weak late game.

So Relics, please, do things to balance playerbases for each faction, not to satisfy those, who already switched to the majority. Thanks.
17 Jul 2015, 00:59 AM
17 Jul 2015, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome.

While i don't agree with your post, i hope this doesn't turn into the usual flamewar.

:eatingpopcorn:
17 Jul 2015, 01:09 AM

I am not going to whine about balance, but I do think that Relics should first think about improving allies playerbase
17 Jul 2015, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 01:09 AMMLad
I am not going to whine about balance, but I do think that Relics should first think about improving allies playerbase

Which is why they are releasing a new Allied faction :)
17 Jul 2015, 01:17 AM

Which is why they are releasing a new Allied faction :)
Hope it will work. But also it may end up in huge nerfs of brits therefore keeping 1-to-9 ratio. This scenario suits Relics best
17 Jul 2015, 01:18 AM

We tried Relic-only balance and got Guard Motor Coordination domination, then Relic decided to let community help with Alpha. Now we have changes that most Pros agree are going in the right direction balance wise.

British faction will draw some more players over, but once again it is NOT that the German factions are significantly OP that draws people to them. It is the look of the faction and the defensive play of the factions(which is easier for newer/casual players)than the more offensive play of the Allies. Trying to micro 4 squads around an MG42 is harder than repositioning 2 MG42s and setting up a mortar in the back.

Game makers who don't listen to their consumer base (you know the people who are going to buy their product) make crap games that don't sell.
17 Jul 2015, 01:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome.

While i don't agree with your post, i hope this doesn't turn into the usual flamewar.

:eatingpopcorn:

aaa
17 Jul 2015, 01:30 AM

MG42 is a area lock feature now. ON urban maps flanking it is total BS. You cant fight it until T4 now. Before hmg buff you could counter it with T0 conscripts being in green cover. HMG in a building outranges sniper now.

In urban maps if you do T2 Mg+mortar build they just get a sniper and its gg cuz you have access to your sniper quite latter a for more money plus mg42>>maxim.
I think top 100 1v1 are the only worth listening
17 Jul 2015, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 01:30 AMaaa
MG42 is a area lock feature now. ON urban maps flanking it is total BS. You cant fight it until T4 now. Before hmg buff you could counter it with T0 conscripts being in green cover. HMG in a building outranges sniper now.

In urban maps if you do T2 Mg+mortar build they just get a sniper and its gg cuz you have access to your sniper quite latter a for more money plus mg42>>maxim.
I think top 100 1v1 are the only worth listening

so you are saying we shouldn't listen to people like you. Because i'm not agreeing that you can't flank a hmg. But who am i, just a scrub :'( Kappa
17 Jul 2015, 01:40 AM

broodwarjc, I think another general meta problem is the lack of late game power for allies, which makes sense in 3v3 and 4v4 modes. For me, as for casual player, more viable option is to struggle and play defensively at start to get reliable and powerful units at the late game. Do you think Relics will balance this out? Because WFA just made this playstyle difference just more obvious.
17 Jul 2015, 01:51 AM

try CoH1 on for size Kappa its balanced except for snipers and then come back and comment on mg42. Keepo There will always be more people playing axis than allies because that is their will, if you give one side a super buff and make it impossible to win as axis you'll definitely get more allies players but the amount of quitting will increase. Keepo Simply put.
17 Jul 2015, 02:00 AM

the reason why axis will in general have more players than allies is because quite frankly, axis look way cooler than allies. none of the allied tanks are as aesthetically pleasing as a tiger, in fact theyre all fucking ugly lmao.
17 Jul 2015, 02:05 AM

try CoH1 on for size Kappa its balanced except for snipers and then come back and comment on mg42. Keepo There will always be more people playing axis than allies because that is their will, if you give one side a super buff and make it impossible to win as axis you'll definitely get more allies players but the amount of quitting will increase. Keepo Simply put.
I did not told about making win impossible. Relics did mistake on stage of designing WFA factions (more defensive and late power for Germans, more offensive and early power for allies, just deal with it, gg), but now they try to fine tune balance keeping this mistake in mind as feature. Probably, adding brits will radically change this design problem, but until that, developers decisions seems to me unobvious and just weak
17 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM

Ostheer is also actually a well designed faction which is more naturally easier to learn and play due to the simple teching and easy access to counters. It has a feel of escalation in power across the game rather than having huge spikes in power like the rest of the factions do.

more defensive and late power for Germans

OKW is about aggressive play, not defensive play.
17 Jul 2015, 02:12 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

17 Jul 2015, 02:24 AM

I read OP as:

Problem is Relic taking too much balance from biased community members.

To fix this, I recommend Relic massively buff allies.
17 Jul 2015, 02:25 AM

Errr what?

Playing defensively as OKW will lose you map control and your units when the artillery starts flying. OKW is about using your trucks to support aggressive play and flanking.
17 Jul 2015, 02:36 AM

I read OP as:

Problem is Relic taking too much balance from biased community members.

To fix this, I recommend Relic massively buff allies.
Taking words out of the context, you can consider me loving Hitler. Go ahead
17 Jul 2015, 02:38 AM
Patrion 27

this post is so hypocritical :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak