Login

russian armor

Relic should rely less on community balance advices

17 Jul 2015, 02:53 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Playing defensively as OKW will lose you map control and your units when the artillery starts flying. OKW is about using your trucks to support aggressive play and flanking.

My comment was aimed at the OP Alex no worries :P

@OP

Coming into here and complaining about imbalance because there are too many Axis biased members of the comm who demanded it and then thinking demandig a allied biff will help is plain ridiculous.

Sorry bit you are about as biased as any Axis fanboy you are complaining about it seems
17 Jul 2015, 03:19 AM

@OP

Coming into here and complaining about imbalance because there are too many Axis biased members of the comm who demanded it and then thinking demandig a allied biff will help is plain ridiculous.

Sorry bit you are about as biased as any Axis fanboy you are complaining about it seems

Ah, my apologies. It's just a built in reaction from months of people insisting OKW is the turtle faction :snfCHVGame:
17 Jul 2015, 03:44 AM

Ostheer is also actually a well designed faction which is more naturally easier to learn and play due to the simple teching and easy access to counters. It has a feel of escalation in power across the game rather than having huge spikes in power like the rest of the factions do.

OKW is about aggressive play, not defensive play.

Tactically speaking OKW units perform best from far away and supported by each other. They are an offensive faction, but their units themselves are better at defense...if that makes sense. (Except for Kubel)
17 Jul 2015, 03:48 AM

Its not me, its the game! Honest guys! DAE le axis 90% search rate?!!??!?!?!

17 Jul 2015, 03:52 AM

@OP

I do realize that I cannot be objective (as well as anyone else). That is why I am not trying to play game designer and propose my own balance fixes. But approach of relic to the problem seems incorrect to me. I do realize that brits are going to change things, but they did not make it yet, so I have to deal with information on hands. Which results in only one thing: allies are less popular
17 Jul 2015, 04:04 AM

Is OP, like, actually seriously serious?

Game is unbalanced because community is biased towards Axis, therefore force community bias towards Allies?

That makes no sense. You can't balance a game just by shifting around community bias.
17 Jul 2015, 04:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 02:36 AMMLad
You can consider me loving Hitler.

: P

17 Jul 2015, 04:32 AM

I read OP as:

Problem is Relic taking too much balance from biased community members.

To fix this, I recommend Relic massively buff allies.
Great post / 10, precisely strikes the contradiction that the OP presents.

I say that I am an Axis player, but I am a TRUE scotsman, that is, I intend to wish for perfect balance and good design for their own sakes at all times.
Now, I am also a major fan of rapid responses to community concerns. Because the recent changes favor that, I must ask Relic to please continue as they are doing, since it in no way contradicts good balance or design.
17 Jul 2015, 04:35 AM

Something about not looking gift horses in the mouth...
17 Jul 2015, 05:17 AM

OP, maybe you can apply your unique logic to your country's congress, but not in this free CoH2Land.
17 Jul 2015, 05:25 AM

Arguably Axis is easier to play at the beginner level in the beginner modes (3v3 and 4v4).

COH1 did a better job balancing the early game in terms of micro requirements for both factions in my opinion.

Ostheer revolves around positioning MGs and grens, both better at range. Wehrmakht in COH1 had to do this, but riflemen were a bit more powerful than cons early game and scaled better, so the fact that you had to use wire and mines added to the micro requirements. Most people at an intermediate level thought US in COH1 was easier to play. The level of COH1 USA micro is about as hard as Soviet/US.

And yeah, the Axis tanks are way cooler. I feel like the US tanks had more character in COH1, making them more appealing, primarily due to the voice acting but also because of Allied War Machine and the Sherman upgun, which let them stand up to the PZiV too. And then there was the Pershing. Getting a Pershing out still feels 10x more satisfying than getting an IS-2 to me.

It still amuses me how much easier Allies were in COH1 in the 4v4 modes compared to COH2..The Parablobs and Britblobs backed by snipers rolled over everything. It was basically impossible to win a 4v4 VP game as Axis against such early/mid-game strength. You could only win as Axis in annihilation, holding out till purchased veterancy, PE Panthers and such turned the tide.

17 Jul 2015, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 03:52 AMMLad
I do realize that I cannot be objective (as well as anyone else). That is why I am not trying to play game designer and propose my own balance fixes. But approach of relic to the problem seems incorrect to me. I do realize that brits are going to change things, but they did not make it yet, so I have to deal with information on hands. Which results in only one thing: allies are less popular

What you proposed, is verry hard to be properly done by Relic. Relic finally understood that as long as they don't play their own game at a high competitive level, they cannot come with proper balance fixes. All Relic balance team should intensively play the game among themselves and on internet automatches equaly with all factions in order to create a proper balance patch. But they are people with lives, they cannot work for COH2 60% of their day then 40% play the game. That's impossible. Or they could have a team of 20-30 proffessional players hired to do just this. But that's too frickin' expensive these days.

So what can they do instead? They will listen to the community. The danger is that, not knowing their own game FROM PURE PLAYER'S PERSPECTIVE will don't know who to listen to. Imagine if they would listen to Katitof. The game will resist for half an year at most :D.

Seriously speaking now, almost the whole playerbase and 70-80% of this forum's attendents (INCLUDING CRUZZ - and I will say this every time because it's so true) are BIASED to a more or lesser extent. Including me, of course.

So I think that BALANCE in such a complex game as COH francise is it's a verry expensive feature to obtain because you will need both of above solutions:

1. Have a proper proffessional game team that is payed to continuously test balance so they can safely
2. Listen to community suggestions passing them through their own (apropriate) decision/deliberation system.

These are my two cents.
17 Jul 2015, 06:47 AM

Relic is doing a great job atm with listening to us. Finally some changes are made which were frustrating for the playerbase
17 Jul 2015, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 05:42 AMJohnnyB

What you proposed, is verry hard to be properly done by Relic. Relic finally understood that as long as they don't play their own game at a high competitive level, they cannot come with proper balance fixes. All Relic balance team should intensively play the game among themselves and on internet automatches equaly with all factions in order to create a proper balance patch.

Brad and Jason are easily on the level of top 100 players
17 Jul 2015, 07:05 AM

WIth some training probably?
17 Jul 2015, 07:22 AM

i was hoping for a good flame, i was wrong :(
I put back my popcorns
17 Jul 2015, 07:22 AM

While there is quite huge axis lobby(there are about three players on official forums advocating for something else then mindless axis buffs), I don't think it have a big impact on the balancing.

If it had, allied would be unplayable long time ago.
17 Jul 2015, 07:24 AM

the reason why axis will in general have more players than allies is because quite frankly, axis look way cooler than allies. none of the allied tanks are as aesthetically pleasing as a tiger, in fact theyre all fucking ugly lmao.

Dat ugly "boxy" design? How 'bout NO?
I like sloped T-34 design which represents balance between armor, firepower and mobility.
17 Jul 2015, 07:26 AM

I do love to play germans. Not because they're OP and shit, but indeed as many people say the armour, the feeling, the combined arms. All that makes it for me really cool and fun. USF same thing. But Russians = just crappy (atleast the looks).
17 Jul 2015, 07:30 AM

RTS games obviously should be balanced with feedbacks from top 50, maybe but maybe max top 200 of players...

Starcraft II community and feedbacks is a good example of this...

Anyone without that level of skill should better be watch replays and try to improve their skills instead of flaming in forums meaninglessly....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★