PAGES (9)down
18 Jul 2015, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 18:04 PMNebaka
Penals:
Let's make them REAL suicide squad!
Replace SVT with some kind of close combat version of Mosin-Nagant
0,7 received damage
0,8 received suppression
If one model dies, activating 2-4 sec speed buff. If two models dies buffs stack. If 5/6 of squad wiped, last man run like his life depends on it!

Penals weren't really suicide units, they were just not cared for. As such, they were generally sent to portions of the front that were predicted to have heavy casualties. The idea that they were used to clear minefields probably stems from Soviet Commanders making them attack mined flanks, because casualty projections from the mines were less than attacking the defences head-on.
18 Jul 2015, 05:58 AM
Patrion 39

I wouldn't mind a Penal buff, but buffing Cons? No way. Con spam is still exceptionally strong in the hands of adept players. It provides amazing map control and you end up with so many squads that you can pull off crazy flanks. It was recently one of the most meta strategies for Soviets.

The only changes that have really made Con spam less viable were the nerf to AT grenades against medium and heavy armor, the MG buff, and now the ptrs nerf. And maybe the rise of CAS? But really, does that mean Cons are bad now? Absolutely not. Just means you can't just spam Cons and stall for call ins using oorah -> at nade like they used to. Hence the incorporation of guards into a lot of Soviet build orders lately.
18 Jul 2015, 06:40 AM

I wouldn't mind a Penal buff, but buffing Cons? No way. Con spam is still exceptionally strong in the hands of adept players. It provides amazing map control and you end up with so many squads that you can pull off crazy flanks. It was recently one of the most meta strategies for Soviets.

The only changes that have really made Con spam less viable were the nerf to AT grenades against medium and heavy armor, the MG buff, and now the ptrs nerf. And maybe the rise of CAS? But really, does that mean Cons are bad now? Absolutely not. Just means you can't just spam Cons and stall for call ins using oorah -> at nade like they used to. Hence the incorporation of guards into a lot of Soviet build orders lately.

And flame crit change which makes initial hit of molotov crap - and they still have penalty at vet 0 for the early game. Cons in late game are absolutely pudding, the worst scaling and usage as everything at that point tears them up and they become redundant in their squad size and whatever advantage they had early game. At a point where everything shoots them to pieces, why not be able to pay more to make them better? Or something else.

Its the only base infantry squad hindered in the late game. If they are supposed to remain crappy farmers that they are depicted as, then some transfer orders ability from tier 4 for a small mp refund... Because crappy farmers cant get gud after dying and killing Germans all day and cant git better weapons.
18 Jul 2015, 07:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wasn't that basically the only distinct advantage of Con spam, which if so...yes, it does mean that?
aaa
18 Jul 2015, 13:21 PM

I was impressed by maxim buff. I guess it can be like 2-3 maxim play (maybe even 1-2 maxim opening) vs OKW.

It will be harder vs red germs cuz they have sniper but with their new T3 price 360\130. 1-2 Maxim into t70 can be very good vs them too.
OKW will have tough start every game and will be playing leigs all the time.
18 Jul 2015, 13:44 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2015, 13:21 PMaaa
I was impressed by maxim buff. I guess it can be like 2-3 maxim play (maybe even 1-2 maxim opening) vs OKW.

It will be harder vs red germs cuz they have sniper but with their new T3 price 360\130. 1-2 Maxim into t70 can be very good vs them too.
OKW will have tough start every game and will be playing leigs all the time.

Maxim, meet Flamer halftrack OF DEATH!
aaa
18 Jul 2015, 13:52 PM

I didnt have much problems with any kind of light vehicles. Guess I can deal with flamer half truck too.
I ussualy play tank hunter plus maxim is T2 with zis available.
Maxim itself doing some damage vs things like that.
20 Jul 2015, 01:21 AM

IMO Conscripts just need better scaling with vet. Modest buffs to veterancy will make them more useful later on without making them overpowered early and won't require adding whole new upgrades / significant underlying changes to the faction.

That and molotovs are currently broken / worthless, which needs fixing.
20 Jul 2015, 08:05 AM

IMO Conscripts just need better scaling with vet. Modest buffs to veterancy will make them more useful later on without making them overpowered early and won't require adding whole new upgrades / significant underlying changes to the faction.

Просто новобранцам нужно дать модернизацию в линейную пехоту - повоевали, получили опыт - стали 3 уровня - пришли к штабу - были за + 100-150 реквизиции улучшены - получили линейную пехоту - новый отряд с хорошими характеристиками, с возможностью покупки тяжелого вооружения и новыми видами укреплений.

Аналогично для штрафбата - расширение в штурмовую пехоту - новый юнит, можно докупить или ППС для ближне-средней или АВТ для средней дистанции - всякие способности новые.

В итоге - это альтернатива всяким гвардейцам, ударным отрядам - можно сохранять ветеранов новобранцев, штрафбат и получить хорошую пехоту позже. И брать доктрины без гвардии и ударных отрядов.

Точно так же можно сделать грейд - т70 заменяется на т34-76,а на т4 - выдать кв-1 и грейд ему на 85мм пушку, т34-85 так же на т4 остается.
aaa
20 Jul 2015, 19:56 PM

Not fully agree with that. Cons are getting vets and getting weak (compared to LMG grens) at the same time. Another option is to nerf LMG by 30% and make it doctrinal. Like PTRS now

Buff to veterancy of cons only? I dont know if it is fair.
20 Jul 2015, 20:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could work. Just a bit more DPS gained from vet to make them less of a free bleed at least would be helpful in the meantime.
20 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM

I would rather they made penals a lot better instead but since Relic nerfed flame weapons they seem to want to go in the opposite direction of that.

I like the idea of non-doc SVTs and/or PPSHs. Especially with the molotov nerf cons suck even more at their post 10 minute role, dedicated grenade throwers. They need some sort of upgrade to stay relevant.

20 Jul 2015, 20:26 PM

I would rather they made penals a lot better instead but since Relic nerfed flame weapons they seem to want to go in the opposite direction of that.

I like the idea of non-doc SVTs and/or PPSHs. Especially with the molotov nerf cons suck even more at their post 10 minute role, dedicated grenade throwers. They need some sort of upgrade to stay relevant.

They buffed Flamers by giving them much more consistent AoE DPS. The only flame weapons that are worse off are the vehicle based ones and the flame barrage abilities.
20 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM

BUFF PPSH AND HIT THE DIRT. :foreveralone:
20 Jul 2015, 20:31 PM

They buffed Flamers by giving them much more consistent AoE DPS. The only flame weapons that are worse off are the vehicle based ones and the flame barrage abilities.

No more flame crits until a squad is basically dead makes using them tougher.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact stats but I used to use flamethrowers all of the time and they seem less effective to me.
20 Jul 2015, 20:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 20:27 PMVonIvan
BUFF PPSH AND HIT THE DIRT. :foreveralone:

Switch Defensive Stance and Hit the Dirt's usability in combat.

Pretty sure the reason Hit the Dirt made Scripts unable to move in combat practically because it also made them immune to bullets with cover. Hit the Dirt hasn't stacked with cover in years, but it still makes them not able to move in combat practically...
20 Jul 2015, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 20:38 PMVuther

Switch Defensive Stance and Hit the Dirt's usability in combat.

Pretty sure the reason Hit the Dirt made Scripts unable to move in combat practically because it also made them immune to bullets with cover. Hit the Dirt hasn't stacked with cover in years, but it still makes them not able to move in combat practically...

Hit the dirt, while allowing you to become un-suppressed increases the amount of dmg you can soak up from literally everything. :foreveralone:
20 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

No more flame crits until a squad is basically dead makes using them tougher.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact stats but I used to use flamethrowers all of the time and they seem less effective to me.

They do better damage and have a higher chance of flame crits than they did before on low health squads. Flamers are far more useful than they really have ever been before. Relying on RNG bullshit to win the game is never fun.
aaa
21 Jul 2015, 20:45 PM

Today Ihitto became top 1 player. I played vs him on ladder. Kind of honor.
21 Jul 2015, 22:38 PM
Donator 11

Cons need some buff. They are worthless late game, totally worthless
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
unknown 31
Poland 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10