Login

russian armor

Kick Mark Target from COH 2

13 Jul 2015, 02:23 AM

maybe make marktarget will only benefit on Soviet players or on their own AT gun and tanks, it is seriously ruin my game, if soviet have USF teammate that spamming Jackson, it is seriously not fun to face it
13 Jul 2015, 03:19 AM

maybe make marktarget will only benefit on Soviet players or on their own AT gun and tanks, it is seriously ruin my game, if soviet have USF teammate that spamming Jackson, it is seriously not fun to face it

I'd be ok with this
13 Jul 2015, 03:44 AM

Idk what the argument against making Mark Target give extra pen instead of damage is since it would make the ability much less RNG prone.

Iv lost count of the amount of times an enemy rushed me while I was mark targeted only to realize that they still weren't going to get through my JT/KT/Elephants armor.
13 Jul 2015, 04:07 AM

SU players cant counter axis heavy spam without mark target

if an allied team is getting hit with Axis HEAVY spam in this patch...they have other problems.
13 Jul 2015, 04:45 AM

Just make Mark Target increase penetration and maybe increase crit chance or cause temp mini-crits (loader stunned etc), make it only highlight the targeted vehicle, and make it end if the plane is killed.
13 Jul 2015, 05:49 AM

if an allied team is getting hit with Axis HEAVY spam in this patch...they have other problems.

So can we stop pretending the Panther isn't a heavy? because it pretty much is
13 Jul 2015, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 05:49 AMArclyte

But at what cost? Its an armored tank hunter that can do some ai damage if it parks up to something at point blank.
13 Jul 2015, 07:27 AM
Patrion 14

But at what cost? Its an armored tank hunter that can do some ai damage if it parks up to something at point blank.

It's the cheapest heavy. You pay 55 less fuel, and you get great armor, super speed, 50 range, and the capability to upgrade a pintle.

Its tradeoffs are less hp than a true heavy, less dps than most tanks, and less effectiveness vs. Infantry.

Seems like a well balanced unit to me. It has tradeoffs (as any cheap variant should have), but it's negatives can be off set through the use of its strengths.

And it's not like okw and ostheer are having a hard time vs. Lategame allied infantry.

I like the ability to increase penetration. It will make more doctrines viable, make soviet stock units stack up better, and not cause crazy rnf damage.
13 Jul 2015, 07:47 AM

Its either 30% or 35%, used to be 50% afaik but they dropped it. Could even stack it before :)

Its 35%.

OKW version gives 50% bonus.

@up

And yea, I also can't see how people don't want to call panther heavy, but label KV-1 as such at the same time.
13 Jul 2015, 07:57 AM

I don't mind mark vehicle, it feels like the only answer you have as allies in team games when facing heavy tank destroyers on narrow maps.
As an axis player you can always retreat your tank when you see it's getting popped.
Also soviet players using it usually try to close in while mark vehicle is active to get penetrating shots on rear armor.
I use that to my benefit and bait over mines.
13 Jul 2015, 08:27 AM
Donator 22

I know Guard motor as a whole is super effective. But mark target op seriously? Mark target is a lot more fair as AT ability than p47 or CAS strafe which can alone solo a tank or in case of CAS strike half of your army :megusta: Mark target is compleatly reliant on other damage sources to be effective.
13 Jul 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 05:49 AMArclyte

Spamming Panthers won't get you a lot of places when facing a good team. And again; increased pen mark target would be better against actual heavies while making medium armor play more viable rather than mark target being dumped on every tank that shows its face be it a PIV/StuG or a KT/Tiger.
13 Jul 2015, 12:41 PM

It's the cheapest heavy. You pay 55 less fuel, and you get great armor, super speed, 50 range, and the capability to upgrade a pintle.

Its tradeoffs are less hp than a true heavy, less dps than most tanks, and less effectiveness vs. Infantry.

Seems like a well balanced unit to me. It has tradeoffs (as any cheap variant should have), but it's negatives can be off set through the use of its strengths.

So it is heavy? You pay 55 less fuel in comparison to what? Teching included?
Both in game and IRL panthers is specified as medium tank.

With this "bottom line of heavy tank" you can even put t3485 as heavy tank too...
13 Jul 2015, 13:27 PM

How can you defend this thing.

EVERY TANK MAKE 2X DAMAGE FOR 30 SECONDE

IT'S OFC OP.

If you change stats of tanks by 2x damage, how do you want it's not fucked up the balance
13 Jul 2015, 13:53 PM

How can you defend this thing.

EVERY TANK MAKE 2X DAMAGE FOR 30 SECONDE

IT'S OFC OP.

If you change stats of tanks by 2x damage, how do you want it's not fucked up the balance

Holy shit can you fucking think before you post shit.

Soviet Mark vehicle:

1.35 damage modifier for 60 seconds, can be casted anywhere on the map. That means a T34/85 does 216 dmg instead of 160 dmg per shot.

That means a T34 needs...
5 penetrating shots instead of 7 to destroy a Tiger.
4 instead of 5 against a Panther.
3 Instead of 4 against P4.

OKW coordinated fire:

1.5 damage modifier for 20 seconds, needs command panther to be in range.

Panther then needs..

5 Instead of 7 hits against a IS2.
4 Instead of 5 hits against T34/85.
3 Instead of 4 hits against a Sherman/t34.76
2 Instead of 3 hits against a Jackson.

In most cases both abilities allow you to take a tank down with one shot less. I think that's OK for those munition abilities.
13 Jul 2015, 14:32 PM
Patrion 14

So it is heavy? You pay 55 less fuel in comparison to what? Teching included?
Both in game and IRL panthers is specified as medium tank.

With this "bottom line of heavy tank" you can even put t3485 as heavy tank too...

Errm, the Panther has 320 front armor, plus an additional 20% at vet 2. The Tiger for comparison has 300, and the T34/85 has 160. The Panther is definitely a heavy, since a heavy is a tank that can take a large amount of punishment (IE. KV-1).

You pay 55 less fuel per tank, because thats the price of the tank, just like how the E8 is 35 more fu than a stock Sherman.

Either way, regardless if whether the Panther is "technically" a heavy, the reason mark target would be much better as a pen increase, would be because it increases the damage output of soviet stock TDs and mediums vs. stock Ostheer heavy armor, while not greatly increasing the damage dealt by already powerful callins. This would allow Soviet core units to scale more, which is their biggest weakness, and the biggest cause of the callin meta. Straight damage increases do nothing more than make the disparity between low damage units and high damage units even higher (see B4 + old FMR).
13 Jul 2015, 14:50 PM

STATISTIC LEL

And you play the game sometimes ? It will be a good start.

13 Jul 2015, 15:03 PM

STATISTIC LEL

And you play the game sometimes ? It will be a good start.

I definitely play it after 22:00.
13 Jul 2015, 15:13 PM

If MT goes then smoke and blitz need to go. These abilities were added to help German players survive engagements they would otherwise lose a tank in. By allowing them to keep these will also having nerfed button, there is no way late game armor will die to Soviet forces. Keep in mind if a player has MT plus T34-85's he has no late game armor. They had to choose a doctrine just to get a stock tank in Ost T3, which has less useful vet, and less AI ability. On the other side the German player (whatever faction) has access to heavy armor as the game drags on, increasing his ability to maintain field presence and limit MP bleed.

Also why is it such a problem to have a CmdPanther around heavy armor you want to mark? Isn't that the whole point of the super fast TD, that it can always get to the battle quickly. Increasing damage on allied units, which already suffer from having lower health and armor than German units, only makes this point more painful. If you want Soviet MT to go then OKW one also goes.

Increasing penetration is possible, but the abilities cost would need to come down. Also the plane is very easy to shoot down since it makes tight circles. Turn it into a standard loiter plane and I might consider allowing the destruction of the plane to stop the ability. Besides, the plane warns the marked player they have been marked, it makes it obvious so they can get out of there.

MT is good, but removing it is hard to imagine. If you remove MT there are a number of other components which need to change as well.
13 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Marked target has counter plays
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment