Login

russian armor

When will relic fix the FHQ...

12 Jul 2015, 05:55 AM

First of all, it's a 4v4 arranged team game discussion. Don't tell me the random 4v4 team game win ratio. The random team games and AT games are different things.

It has been talked so many times: RELIC you guys really sure the FHQ should be built in territories which are not owned or connected ?????? Ostheer can't build bunkers there, and OKW can't build bulidings but soviet can build FHQ >.< It can be very easy to limit the Axis resources income with pushing the FHQ on the enemy's key point. It gives huge resources advantage to Allies in early games. And then it leads to victory. The games end in 15 mins... The FHQ buffs Allies early games too much...

I'm not a noob so Allies fanboys don't tell me L2P, also my team mates are not noobs. We play as Allies too! AT 4v4 Ladder: Allies 29.

The FHQ works so well for arranged Allies players. Yes we counter them. We build motars. We build flame poineers. And we build motar halftracks (every game we take this spearhead commander just preparing for FHQ). We must face cons + riflemen spams, maxim spams, and motar spams, well well maybe 120 motars. They stand by the FHQ which gives them accurate buff and reinforcements. But they can't beat us quickly. At least we can hold the frontline for a while. In fact the battle is even, until Katyushas and T34s hit the field... Kats hard counter team weapons (BTW panzerwerfer is shit, why Kats so early but werfer so late and usless ???). T34s and Shermans hard counter infantry which have no armor support... Well as ostheer, I have even not teched up to T2... So as I said, the early resources advantage gives Allies quick armor rush. The front line will break soon. THEN GAME OVER SOON!!!

Don't tell me Walking STUKA, no fuel no armors. The game has been over when your stuka comes out. It is too late!

Discuss.
12 Jul 2015, 06:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

The only automatch 4v4 that really has issues with FHQ is La Gleize. Both cutoffs have stone structures adjacent to the capture circle.

On every other map it can be avoided. Simply skirt around the HQ. On Lienne Forest, just ignore it. It is possible to hold the fuel while the enemy has a FHQ in the closest building (on both sides).
Steppes doesn't matter.
City 17 can be a bitch, but you just shift mid and take that VP, hoping that your buddies on the open side secured that portion of the map. If you are starting in the north there is no reason why the enemy should put a FHQ on the big building overlooking the fuel point.
Lanzerath is difficult, but the houses near the fuel points can quickly be brought down with concentrated fire. Often times it takes 3 or all four allied players to shut down fuel. That allows your teammates on the other side of the map to cap the right side, even harassing the enemy fuel if they are highly concentrated.

Your point about the Katyusha and Panzerwerfer isn't necessarily true. With the current tech system, Soviets can obtain rocket artillery much faster than Ostheer. If Pwerfer was T3 like it was in closed beta two and a half years ago (like the voice actors suggest) Soviet v Ostheer games would be significantly more evenly-matched.

Walking stuka is certainly helpful against FHQ. The trick is to push back enemy MGs so your MGs can move up to suppress and pin infantry around the FHQ. Drop incendiary and/or flank enemy mortars, forcing them to move.

FHQ isn't that difficult to beat in 4s. It just takes some lucky indirect fire rng, time, and pressure to force your enemies into one space so your teammates can cap around it.
12 Jul 2015, 08:18 AM

MHT and FHQ is gone.
12 Jul 2015, 08:28 AM

If you losing to fhq this patch you totally deserve it.

Btw i had 30+ kills in one barrage with shit panzerwerfer against fhq.
12 Jul 2015, 09:02 AM

you have an issue building FHQ in enemy territory, how about elite infantry popping in enemy territory, this should be an issue too right?

...my bad these are nazi elite troops its totally fine...

ot.fhq is most of the times a waste of mp
12 Jul 2015, 10:25 AM
Donator 11

FHQ gets wrecked pretty fast with two ost mortars
nee
12 Jul 2015, 10:30 AM

4v4, so they will take a long time to fix it. Hell, it would take a long time for them to even acknowledge that it needs examination. Gotta focus on the British faction and them mocaps, right?
12 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

The only automatch 4v4 that really has issues with FHQ is La Gleize. Both cutoffs have stone structures adjacent to the capture circle.

On every other map it can be avoided. Simply skirt around the HQ. On Lienne Forest, just ignore it. It is possible to hold the fuel while the enemy has a FHQ in the closest building (on both sides).
Steppes doesn't matter.
City 17 can be a bitch, but you just shift mid and take that VP, hoping that your buddies on the open side secured that portion of the map. If you are starting in the north there is no reason why the enemy should put a FHQ on the big building overlooking the fuel point.
Lanzerath is difficult, but the houses near the fuel points can quickly be brought down with concentrated fire. Often times it takes 3 or all four allied players to shut down fuel. That allows your teammates on the other side of the map to cap the right side, even harassing the enemy fuel if they are highly concentrated.

Your point about the Katyusha and Panzerwerfer isn't necessarily true. With the current tech system, Soviets can obtain rocket artillery much faster than Ostheer. If Pwerfer was T3 like it was in closed beta two and a half years ago (like the voice actors suggest) Soviet v Ostheer games would be significantly more evenly-matched.

Walking stuka is certainly helpful against FHQ. The trick is to push back enemy MGs so your MGs can move up to suppress and pin infantry around the FHQ. Drop incendiary and/or flank enemy mortars, forcing them to move.

FHQ isn't that difficult to beat in 4s. It just takes some lucky indirect fire rng, time, and pressure to force your enemies into one space so your teammates can cap around it.

+1

I've used and had FHQ used against me quite a bit in 4v4s and this pretty accurately sums up my experiences with it. Number one suggestion vs FHQ is to not rally all your forces against it and to not build too many mortars as doing either of those are a sure way to loose map control.
12 Jul 2015, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 10:30 AMnee
4v4, so they will take a long time to fix it. Hell, it would take a long time for them to even acknowledge that it needs examination. Gotta focus on the British faction and them mocaps, right?

ha!. whether it is OP or not, if it is related to 4v4, be prepared to wait! so true.
13 Jul 2015, 04:07 AM

Steppes doesn't matter.

Yeah it really depends on maps. It won't work on steppes, and works very well on La Gleize... They cuts off fuel point easily with FHQ.

Katyusha and panzerwerfer. The point is, things will be better if the werfer comes out much earlier. Ost really needs werfer's help to kill that heavy blobs of team weapons, just like Kats kill ost team weapons and OKW infantry blobs, right ? The artillery units are designed for this... But the werfer is too late... I haven't built this unit for a long long time.
13 Jul 2015, 04:17 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It's a poorly designed ability for 2 reasons.

1) you can't decap it
2) it's instant
13 Jul 2015, 04:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 08:28 AMJadame!
If you losing to fhq this patch you totally deserve it.

Btw i had 30+ kills in one barrage with shit panzerwerfer against fhq.

In this patch, that's no change for FHQ. So why can't I lose to FHQ?

You had 30+ kills because they are heavy blobs, this unit should do this thing. But... the tech cost is too expensive so my first unit won't be the werfer. I have no time to wait. I must build pz 4 or ostwind first. The problem is the ost tech cost. Katyushas come out even earlier than T34s. But werfer...
13 Jul 2015, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 15:36 PMCabreza

+1

I've used and had FHQ used against me quite a bit in 4v4s and this pretty accurately sums up my experiences with it. Number one suggestion vs FHQ is to not rally all your forces against it and to not build too many mortars as doing either of those are a sure way to loose map control.

Ye I really learned. Too many motars will be beaten by Katyusha in 10 min...
13 Jul 2015, 05:05 AM

I have a feeling if they change it in anyway, such as remove the insta build in neutral territory, the commander will become non existent. They would have to add a buff, such as being able to produce units or become a FWD retreat point.
13 Jul 2015, 05:17 AM

Yeah it's a terribly designed ability. It's not OP 99.99% of the time, in fact it's broadly useless on many maps and in most game modes. But it's just stupid that you just pop it in neutral territory and instantly have a FHQ.
13 Jul 2015, 05:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Make it so it has to be setup in friendly territory. When deployed it should fortify the structure increasing its health by 50%. There, no more lol rushes into the cutoff, and now with buffed health it is more worthwhile to upgrade it on buildings. There fixed. Removed bullshit, added more late game staying power. Move it up a CP or 2 maybe add in engineer upgrade. Like seriously fix this overly stupid gimmick commander.
13 Jul 2015, 06:49 AM

Read this discussion about 30 times and the answers will always be the same:

- Avoid fighting the FHQ at first, only barrage it with (multiple) mortars.
- Mortar HT is your best way to go.
- The enemy using the FHQ has absolutely no late game as the commander itself is trash.
- Stuka zu Fuß as OKW is the solution for all your problems.
13 Jul 2015, 06:59 AM

Going fast stuka is the best option out of all them. If you prefer an all Ostheer team then the best option is to spam mortar hfs and flame pios to burn the building down(long as it isn't all bricks). :foreveralone:
13 Jul 2015, 07:33 AM

JUST RAN INTO THIS.. took all the buildings to defend...doesn't matter he picks one next to it then demos all your building around it.............what a piece of #$@#$ RELIC when you do this......
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★