Login

russian armor

When will relic fix the FHQ...

13 Jul 2015, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 04:17 AMatouba
In this patch, that's no change for FHQ. So why can't I lose to FHQ?

In this patch 2 hmg42 can pin and kill everything near fhq while covering each other.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 04:17 AMatouba
You had 30+ kills because they are heavy blobs, this unit should do this thing. But... the tech cost is too expensive so my first unit won't be the werfer. I have no time to wait. I must build pz 4 or ostwind first. The problem is the ost tech cost. Katyushas come out even earlier than T34s. But werfer...

Oh, stop it. You playing 4v4, its completely different, and 1v1 arguments do not work there. t4 is easily accessible, panzerwerfer rush on 12-13m is easy, and you have luftwaffe supply anyway. And why you want to build p4 against fhq? WHY???

And its not like you need werfer anyway. As i said, double hmgs in correct positions, 1 gren, 1 or 2 mortars, 2 flamer pios to burn fhq in 5 seconds, some teamwork, you would win ONE OF THE MOST USELESS COMMANDERS THIS PATCH with ease. Congrats.

13 Jul 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 08:13 AMJadame!

In this patch 2 hmg42 can pin and kill everything near fhq while covering each other.

Oh, stop it. You playing 4v4, its completely different, and 1v1 arguments do not work there. t4 is easily accessible, panzerwerfer rush on 12-13m is easy, and you have luftwaffe supply anyway. And why you want to build p4 against fhq? WHY???

And its not like you need werfer anyway. As i said, double hmgs in correct positions, 1 gren, 1 or 2 mortars, 2 flamer pios to burn fhq in 5 seconds, some teamwork, you would win ONE OF THE MOST USELESS COMMANDERS THIS PATCH with ease. Congrats.

I just complain Panzerwerfer, just this unit, not countering FHQ using werfer. ye it should be another thread.
13 Jul 2015, 13:37 PM
Donator 11

FHQ ist not OP so easy to counter... Maybe the strat will work against noobs but not against expiercend players.

The recent mg buff is an huge nerf for the HQ.. thats like we do it... just build mgs to pin all squads near FHQ try to get as close as possible to the buildings with flamethrowers and of course later infil. nades and Mortar HTs. Of course also build Counter Mortars and Kuebels
and of course dont let ppl rush important buildings to set up a FHQ.

The FHQ is an huge fuel investment in the early game for the soviet player if you are able to deny the whole doctrine his late game will be fcked.
13 Jul 2015, 13:39 PM

I have a feeling if they change it in anyway, such as remove the insta build in neutral territory, the commander will become non existent. They would have to add a buff, such as being able to produce units or become a FWD retreat point.

Agreed!
13 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 13:36 PMatouba

I just complain Panzerwerfer, just this unit, not countering FHQ using werfer. ye it should be another thread.

It can in right circumstances, but you need

1)Rush it, so you would have roughly or slightly more fuel needed to buy it after t4 has been build.
2)Spam it.

I destroyed enemy teams with FHQ on Lienne in previous patches and in games we were slowly but surely losing with thriple werfers, no tanks, 2 paks and some grens against tanks, CAS to counter enemy arty and FHQs even harder. Did half of team damage despite losing 2 pwerfers to base rushes and spamming fuel cashes hardcore.

Stuka is much better ofc, but sometimes werfer can work. Trick is you should go as close as possible to land accurate barrage, and then pray to RNG god for it to kill everything.
nee
13 Jul 2015, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 04:17 AMBudwise
It's a poorly designed ability for 2 reasons.

1) you can't decap it
2) it's instant

Actually IMO it's more like

1) It's one of two abilities that, out of every other ability, you can do it in netural/ enemy territory (the other being Volks Panzerschreck)

2)Entirely map dependent, even more so than ambient building unit call-ins.

I have a feeling if they change it in anyway, such as remove the insta build in neutral territory, the commander will become non existent. They would have to add a buff, such as being able to produce units or become a FWD retreat point.

I don't agree: when I first played this commander (and I played the heck out of it when I first bought it), I never even noticed the fact that you didn't have to capture the territory first. The strategy still works, but of course not as effective because it was entirely defensive in nature.

I also don't think this is a very common commander either, it's got only one doctrinal unit (the worst AT gun in this game), and the FHQ costs 60 fuel to use, already a hefty sum. It's also pretty much a commander you use as part of a larger team for best effect, so that you actually have Guards Shocks or USF Riflemen to benefit from the nearby buffs. A major parked at a FHQ is effective, you just need a smart USF player.
13 Jul 2015, 19:54 PM

This is brought up about once every two months. Search through the forums and you will find it.

OP no, cheese yes.
16 Jul 2015, 07:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Mortar Halftrack flame barrage.L2P.
17 Jul 2015, 01:55 AM

Mortar Halftrack flame barrage.L2P.

When you say L2P, pls read the thread first.

We take the spearhead commander everytime to prepare for countering the FHQ. We also build flame poineers.Yes, the flame barrage and flamethrowers can burn down the FHQ. Sure. But, the resources advantage gives allies quick armor rush. I am not saying the FHQ itself is OP. Its the resouce point pushing.

Next time just read then talk. Pls.
17 Jul 2015, 02:38 AM

just gank up on the FHQ and push them off, then usually they won't have a chance to come back to same location, just waste of resource of building it, also FHQ is not a fall back location, it is push forward setup a defense to lock german at bay but once force retreat units around on it, the building usually never had a chance to help them again.
17 Jul 2015, 02:39 AM

Although it may be technically I warcrime, I recommend killing the medics first.
17 Jul 2015, 02:46 AM

Although it may be technically I warcrime, I recommend killing the medics first.

medic healing is not problem of FHQ i think, it is reinforce rate and defence aura, conscript reinforce so fast, and defence aura make it hard last longer than usual, but medic does op some time when it heals the guy by the window in the building, it happen to me once, it is healing my HMG crew in the building lol (good thing FHQ can't reinforce the guy inside it, which is weird but if that happens could be too OP, but i haven't use it in a long time, so might be changed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★