17 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I am so excited for the AT sniper.
Fuck your scout cars!

Sniper AT Boys Rifle

17 Jul 2015, 17:41 PM

I am so excited for the AT sniper.
Fuck your scout cars!

Scout cars say "fuck you AT Sniper". Thats kind of what they do...

With his RoF, you dont actually shoot at vehicles. At least i found it redundant and not worth risking the manpower. He is merely support in that regards with his muni ability...
17 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

Nice to see the Sexton SPG showing up, rather than recycling the M7 Priest. Sure, the British used the Priest for a short time, but that was it.

Not a fan of using the AEC armored car. The British used a whole bunch of armored cars, but the AEC was the heavy car and not used for reconnaissance; it was the fire support for other armored cars, intended to get them out of trouble, but not to scout on its own. The Daimler I, the Humber III or IV, the Staghound I; all of these would've been better choices. Oh well, at least the rest of the faction looks great :)

What makes you believe AEC role will be scout car and not fire support? ;)
17 Jul 2015, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 18:00 PMKatitof

What makes you believe AEC role will be scout car and not fire support? ;)

It's more a complaint that they're scraping up obscure stuff again. Not many AEC III armored cars were made, since their usage was limited to just a single platoon of 3 for every armoured car regiment. I know that CoH1/CoH2 has never used armoured cars fully as scouts, instead making them out to be light armour you use until the tanks show up, but as a modder I would've preferred the other armored cars as it makes my life easier ;)
17 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM

Any word on the tech trees, units, ect? What is the main squad for the Brits?
17 Jul 2015, 19:21 PM

Not many [insert unit here] were made, since their usage was limited

Didn't OKW already made that argument irrelevant by default for coh2? :)
17 Jul 2015, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 19:21 PMKatitof

Didn't OKW already made that argument irrelevant by default for coh2? :)

Oh I'm far from surprised Relic's done this. They did it back in CoH1 and aren't stopping now just because a few historical purists complained on their forums. :) It's just a 'I wish they had done this unit instead' comment, not an 'OMG PRE-ORDER CANCELLED RELIC/SEGA IS AWFUL' thing ;)

OKW actually wasn't that bad, all things considered. They were a grab bag of things that Ostheer didn't have, same as the Panzer Elite were in CoH1. There was only one stand out oddity where they picked entirely the wrong model/version for a vehicle, the rest was fine.

Anyways, 99% of what I'm seeing looks great - both as a player and as a modder.
18 Jul 2015, 10:26 AM

Nice to see the Sexton SPG showing up, rather than recycling the M7 Priest. Sure, the British used the Priest for a short time, but that was it.

Not a fan of using the AEC armored car. The British used a whole bunch of armored cars, but the AEC was the heavy car and not used for reconnaissance; it was the fire support for other armored cars, intended to get them out of trouble, but not to scout on its own. The Daimler I, the Humber III or IV, the Staghound I; all of these would've been better choices. Oh well, at least the rest of the faction looks great :)
That's because those armored cars didn't fill the role they wanted. The AEC is meant to be a light armor counter like the puma, not a scout.
18 Jul 2015, 13:12 PM
Donator 11

Oh I'm far from surprised Relic's done this. They did it back in CoH1 and aren't stopping now just because a few historical purists complained on their forums. :) It's just a 'I wish they had done this unit instead' comment, not an 'OMG PRE-ORDER CANCELLED RELIC/SEGA IS AWFUL' thing ;)

OKW actually wasn't that bad, all things considered. They were a grab bag of things that Ostheer didn't have, same as the Panzer Elite were in CoH1. There was only one stand out oddity where they picked entirely the wrong model/version for a vehicle, the rest was fine.

Anyways, 99% of what I'm seeing looks great - both as a player and as a modder.

Ha, I like your thinking! Feel pretty much the same.

But one have to apreciate relic stepping up their game from coh1 to coh2 in terms of hitorical accuracy. Particularly with uniforms. While wehr grens were dressed in a white jacket with black helmets back then, now we got zeltbahn and peadot camo.

18 Jul 2015, 13:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Scout cars say "fuck you AT Sniper". Thats kind of what they do...

With his RoF, you dont actually shoot at vehicles. At least i found it redundant and not worth risking the manpower. He is merely support in that regards with his muni ability...

OK...:D I won't spoil that idea for you. ;)

18 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM

the preview pics are so bad and unrevealing.
18 Jul 2015, 15:31 PM

the preview pics are so bad and unrevealing.
wtf are you talking about. Pretty much every unit that the brits have are displayed there. What more do you want?
20 Jul 2015, 12:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

another hands on:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/company-of-heroes-2-the-british-forces/the-british-are-coming-in-company-of-heroes-2-the-british-forces-and-theyre-tough

So we wanted to enforce the idea that you want to play tactically with the British. That works well in their defensive nature as well. They can hold a line of cover and be very effective. Their output firepower is pretty high when they are in cover.”

20 Jul 2015, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 12:15 PMnigo
another hands on:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/company-of-heroes-2-the-british-forces/the-british-are-coming-in-company-of-heroes-2-the-british-forces-and-theyre-tough

Thanks for the link. For someone who wasn't in the Alpha that's a cool insight into how the Brits are designed. Sounds like the AT Sniper will give the Allies a Target Weak Point-esqe ability. And some infantry will have an Ostruppen-like cover bonus? Interesting. And the hype train keeps rolling!
20 Jul 2015, 13:13 PM

photos are too small to get a decent glimpse at the units/abilities.

If that is the case, then there are few units/abilities.

wtf are you talking about. Pretty much every unit that the brits have are displayed there. What more do you want?
20 Jul 2015, 13:42 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks for the link. For someone who wasn't in the Alpha that's a cool insight into how the Brits are designed.

So more for you :P

“We wanted the players to be able to choose between offense and defense, so from that standpoint the British have kind of a custom feel,” Duffy said. “As you move up the tech tree you get to make choices in what we call the Hammer and the Anvil. The Hammer units are hard hitting and mobile, things like the cruiser tanks, whereas the Anvil units are able to absorb punishment and hold a piece of ground, and in that choice you get more replacements, you get the heavy infantry tanks like the Churchill, things that can take a beating.”

So their niche is the ability to be either mobile and heavy-hitting or defensive, with engineers building emplacements and infantry tanks locking down areas, letting enemies smash themselves up against them.

These two divergent paths also makes them well suited to team games. One player can play the Anvil role, defending zones and creating an area for teammates to fall back to, and another can play more aggressively, going down the Hammer route, roaming and rampaging throughout the map with their cruiser tanks.

“It’s a relatively simple army to play in terms of the tech tree,” Duffy noted. “There are a couple of pivotal choices you make moving up, in terms of whether you go Hammer or Anvil, but the base is basically established for you, so you can spend more time out in the field focusing on tactics. The base even as you expand comes with the 25 pounders, so as you move up the tech tree you’re adding artillery to your base and that gives you some extra firepower and coverage.”

20 Jul 2015, 13:49 PM

Now we wait for the anger of axis fanboys who will see the stock 25 pounders for brits that won't be countered by 2 clicks :megusta:
20 Jul 2015, 13:56 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 13:49 PMKatitof
Now we wait for the anger of axis fanboys who will see the stock 25 pounders for brits that won't be countered by 2 clicks :megusta:

exactly. I've tried with every off map to destroy the howitzer. :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS