Login

russian armor

USF superglue on tanks

PAGES (7)down
8 Jul 2015, 16:49 PM

This insta crit fix idea is stupid in the first place. Raise the cost if you want to keep it. Ive saved my vehicle countless times from situations that should have been a success for the enemy player.

That resembles blitz and panzer tactician description to me. :foreveralone:
8 Jul 2015, 16:58 PM

That resembles blitz and panzer tactician description to me. :foreveralone:

You can counter-play panzer tactician with attack ground, and blitz got nerfed for a reason.
8 Jul 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 33

Blitz / Panzer Tactician also doesn't help much when you hit a mine.
8 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM
Patrion 14

Blitz / Panzer Tactician also doesn't help much when you hit a mine.

...and repair critical doesn't help when you are being chased by a tank and are 1 hit away from death. Both abilities are silly in different ways, but arguing specifics is just semantics. 30 mu and bug fixes (so the crew has to wait until the ability completes before hopping in) is all repair crit needs, since part of the cost will be the inherent risk of losing the crew to lmg grens or other firepower.
8 Jul 2015, 19:00 PM

maybe superglue should only decrease the severity of the critical.

Say you get a destroyed engine, using superglue should only repair it into a damaged engine.

That is the way it already works.
8 Jul 2015, 19:33 PM

A small cost increase is all it needs. If a sherman is at 75% hp already a axis mine will normally destroy it, a lot of times it will only take one more shot from a panther etc after it hits a mine at full hp to knock it out.

With your race car panthers and considering it does take a little time to actually get out and repair it and you can't finish it off? There is delays on sherman smoke which cannot be used on top of the sherman directly and attack ground still works on USF tanks too. In general you have very little risk chasing any injured USF tanks with a panther? What are usf going to do to your panther use our POS At gun or zooks that can't pen it and do shit dmg when they do?

If USF didn't have this I think they would be screwed. USF tanks are already punished hard for making just one step too far. If a pz4 or panther makes a wrong move they usually get away with it. USF have to be somewhat aggressive with their tanks when attacking they are not built as a faction to sit it out with axis and normally do not win that way.

So for the most part we are having to extend our tanks a lot farther into riskier situations than what axis has to.

Plus the panther even when it hits a mine is not that slowed really and does not mean instant death because of its great front armor and the shrecks paks and raktens always everywhere. The way axis factions are designed defensively it is way easier for them to protect wounded tanks than usf or soviets for that matter they don't need to extend them as far and don't really even need tanks for offense like USF they are more for defense.

So imo axis have in general better armor and health that helps passively to preserve armor the opposite for USF I think is why we have a little gimmick to possibly help us have some armor preservation because it takes a lot of shermans to take out a panther tiger or what have you. Crit repair is never a gauranteed get out of jail card.
8 Jul 2015, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

...and repair critical doesn't help when you are being chased by a tank and are 1 hit away from death. Both abilities are silly in different ways, but arguing specifics is just semantics. 30 mu and bug fixes (so the crew has to wait until the ability completes before hopping in) is all repair crit needs, since part of the cost will be the inherent risk of losing the crew to lmg grens or other firepower.
8 Jul 2015, 20:49 PM

People keep bringing up Blitz, stop deflecting the conversation. We already know Blitz is broken, leaving Instant Repair broken because Blitz is broken doesn't make it okay. Two wrongs don't make a right.
8 Jul 2015, 21:07 PM

People keep bringing up Blitz, stop deflecting the conversation. We already know Blitz is broken, leaving Instant Repair broken because Blitz is broken doesn't make it okay. Two wrongs don't make a right.

man, you just destroyed Katitofs style of argumentation! well done!
9 Jul 2015, 02:57 AM

The whole theme of US mobility is dependent on vehicle crews allowing USF medium armor to operate at the flanks of the battle without requiring a dedicated pit crew. USF lacks abilities like blitz, and their armor isn't particularly well-armored, fast, or powerful individually, thus they get the noncombat bonus of self repairs.

I seriously don't like the crew jump off armor thing, like when I face a USF, he bring out a M20 i bring out a puma or 221 to counter it, m20 crew just need to jump off and a AT infantry is out, to force off puma or 221, also it cheat pop cap for tank spamming, like jackson spam, also when u catch it during repair crew man just hop in and run away, why not just make the self repairs as a positive ability like USSR's crew repair but cost no munition and can't move or fire during repair. so there is no more pop cap cheats
9 Jul 2015, 03:36 AM
Patrion 14

I seriously don't like the crew jump off armor thing, like when I face a USF, he bring out a M20 i bring out a puma or 221 to counter it, m20 crew just need to jump off and a AT infantry is out, to force off puma or 221, also it cheat pop cap for tank spamming, like jackson spam, also when u catch it during repair crew man just hop in and run away, why not just make the self repairs as a positive ability like USSR's crew repair but cost no munition and can't move or fire during repair. so there is no more pop cap cheats

Part of the importance behind vehicle crews is the ability to preserve veterancy.

In terms of popcap abuse, I agree that its dumb how USF can go above popcap, but according to relic that is "intended." :loco:

The m20 crew is designed like that. Its the reason players spend 340 manpower on the m20. It gives the us player a more flexible opening. It is, however, only one bazooka. For the most part, you can just kill the car after they hop out and leave.
9 Jul 2015, 16:22 PM

Love getting my posts set to "invisible" due to mods that abuse their powers....thanks Jinseual you're a real hero. How many others have you "deleted"? Probably none.
10 Jul 2015, 14:49 PM

lol, why is this even a thread? It's a useful trick, but the opportunity to use it safely occurs very rarely, and it's on fairly bland US armor units.

Meanwhile, Axis have the huge safety nets of Blitz and Panzer Smoke being used almost every game to save their tanks from bad play.

get real
10 Jul 2015, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 14:49 PMArclyte
lol, why is this even a thread? It's a useful trick, but the opportunity to use it safely occurs very rarely, and it's on fairly bland US armor units.

Meanwhile, Axis have the huge safety nets of Blitz and Panzer Smoke being used almost every game to save their tanks from bad play.

get real

I think we went over this before:

10 Jul 2015, 15:29 PM

great job ignoring the point of my post

I would expect no less from the biggest joke on this forum
10 Jul 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 15:29 PMArclyte
great job ignoring the point of my post

I would expect no less from the biggest joke on this forum

I wouldn't call one of the best abilities in the game "rarely" used, or USF tanks like the Jackson "bland" but okay. Nobody thinks Blitz is okay, which is why it was nerfed.
10 Jul 2015, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't call one of the best abilities in the game "rarely" used, or USF tanks like the Jackson "bland" but okay. Nobody thinks Blitz is okay, which is why it was nerfed.

And unintentional buff with the AT snares change :P
10 Jul 2015, 19:36 PM

And unintentional buff with the AT snares change :P

With relic it's the flip of a coin if it's unintended or not. ;)
14 Jul 2015, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 14:49 PMArclyte
the opportunity to use it safely occurs very rarely, and it's on fairly bland US armor units.

It's a thread because it's the complete opposite of what you just posted, it is over performing. Fingers crossed for a fix in sept
14 Jul 2015, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 00:48 AMRollo

It's a thread because it's the complete opposite of what you just posted, it is over performing. Fingers crossed for a fix in sept

Nah hes exactly right It does occur pretty rarely or by teams who are really good and protect each other with smoke while doing it to pull it off. If this happens to you all the time then you've got some issues. Unguarded mines is when it is commonly used and usually you put mines to guard flanks or trap tanks for at guns. Either way it will stop the USF flank which means mine did its job and hes going to have to retreat all the way to base then repair it until it gets back into the fight.

It takes good micro to use it in battle situations. How much micro does blitz/panzer tact take? :D
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Mexico 19
unknown 5
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W