Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
2 Jul 2015, 19:06 PM

Because most allies noobs (like y*u) used to charge directly into MGs and won in the past 6 months?

And now suddenly you can't?

Sure sure, kid.

http://coh2chart.com/

I guess they are noobs too.
2 Jul 2015, 19:56 PM

Sure sure, kid.

Ranks changing up and win rates spiking all over the place is pretty typical for the first 1-2 weeks after the patch. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the large amount of Ost comes from the new gren suppresion mechanic :snfPeter:

2 Jul 2015, 20:03 PM

Honestly, I'm very happy with how quickly HMGs (sans maxim) can suppress enemy infantry after the patch.

I am not, however, too thrilled with how quickly squads then become pinned. Infantry being suppressed in the first burst at the furthest edge of the firing arc is fine, but when they can't even crawl out of max range before being pinned can be a little much. Especially with pioneer's sight it can be a challenge to even scout. (Although the most recent game that I was frustrated by this also had deep snow, which is a whole other topic.)

Grenadier rifle suppression kind of compounds things though and makes it a further challenge to make a clear point.
2 Jul 2015, 20:21 PM

Panzerwerfers decimate blobs better than the Katy, because you get 10 rockets on target in 1 volley, vs the Katys 4-8 before the blob has retreated out of the target zone.

Lefh is actually surprisingly decent in 2v2. It doesn't suffer from the same problem as other arty pieces in that it gets killed easily by a certain Ostheer doctrine. I've been using it more in 2v2 and I have reached good results with them. It's not a 1v1 unit though.

With Ostheer you can play grenspam quite well. The trick is to blob them up and you will find that you can only go head to head with this blob by blobbing yourself. And this only works up until they get G43s or LMGs. There is nothing harder about going grens-spam with 2 paks into StugE and tiger compared to going conspam into Zis with call-in spam. The main difference is that the MG42 now properly punishes blobbing, but with the soviets you have to wait until you get some big arty out because the maxim is shit (or lure them into a demo, but I would rather see the demo changed into something less cheesy like the Paratrooper demo).

Yes, the Katy has magic guided missiles and the Panzerwerfer has especially designed safety missiles that will automatically choose a scatter pattern that avoids all organic matter. Bull-shit.

Thanks for the joke.
2 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM

Coh1 is not a valid example at all. Cheap rifles, 3 man hmg teams, and let's not forget Volks early game.

How do 270 Rifles with 27 reinforcing, and ultra-high upkeep, being cheap?
2 Jul 2015, 20:32 PM

Ranks changing up and win rates spiking all over the place is pretty typical for the first 1-2 weeks after the patch. Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the large amount of Ost comes from the new gren suppresion mechanic :snfPeter:

OKW with less games than both usf and soviet has a better wr in 2v2+. So cool story bro.
2 Jul 2015, 20:57 PM

OKW with less games than both usf and soviet has a better wr in 2v2+. So cool story bro.

Okay so then what's OP about OKW now? What conclusions are we drawing here? Statistics without arguments don't mean anything.
2 Jul 2015, 21:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you haven't figured it out yet the top 200 in that chart don't play exclusively within that bracket, the more a faction is played the higher a win rate it will have from stomping idiots.

People tend to play through the path of less resistance. In this case, OH nowadays.

Okay so then what's OP about OKW now? What conclusions are we drawing here? Statistics without arguments don't mean anything.

Cause they partner up with OH :P
2 Jul 2015, 21:06 PM

Thanks for the joke.

Thanks Porygon. Do you want another one? Let me fetch a mirror.
2 Jul 2015, 21:07 PM

People that say "just flank it" clearly have no idea either about how COH 1 USA worked, or how COH 2 USF is different from US in COH 2.

First of all, rifles were *significantly* more tough than in coh 1. Early, mid, and late game.

Timing your nades (that were actually hard to dodge and did ALOT of damage unlike coh 2 USF nades) with a flank was essential. In COH 2 rifleman grenades are complete dogshit, smoke grenades are good, but still, coh 1 nades > coh 2 nades.

BARs. 2 BARs on every rifle squad for 60 fuel gave you an *IMMENSE* firepower advantage. Here in COH 2 , BARs have significantly weaker scaling, while in COH 1 , vet 2-3 rifles were terminators and would in the long run, cost effectivelly smash axis infantry due to supply yard upgrades.

USF wasn't hopeless in coh 1 lategame. US had many powerful tools in the lategame, such as the howitzer, m10 and m18s could actually fight axis tanks cost effectivelly (something that almost no allied tank in coh 2 can do). Axis AT guns weren't extreme pinpoint accuracy with stun weapons of doom with 100% penetration on every single tank. VET 2 rifles could fight axis infantry. Vet 3 rifles would even beat vetted grens. Not to mention like i said supply yard upgrades making rifles vet up quickly and fast. Lets not forget the howitzer which was excellent at smashing up defensive emplacements and extremely powerful off maps (unlike the COH 2 priest which is pretty dogshit in 1v1 and more expensive than the howitzer, coh 2 USF offmaps are so ridiciluosly useless that they are almost always a complete waste of munitions aside from p-47 of course). Calliope and pershing are there too, but armor was a pretty rare pick in 1v1 so i will exlude that so that all the coh 1 pros dont jump on me. While the US at GUN with AP rounds had 100% penetration ON ALL axis heavy tanks. 1 AT gun posed even a significant treat to a king tiger. In COH 2 king tiger walks over 3 USF at guns like its no big deal :snfPeter:

VET 3 airborne and rangers were just hilarious but that almost never happened so what ever :snfPeter:

Snipers. If you failed to smash the axis defensive line, you could always opt for a sniper (which is why 90% percent of games devolved into sniper spam :snfPeter: )

Rifle capping speed. People forget that rifles capped 1.5x faster than any other squad in the game. This inherently let US get A CONSIDERABLE map control advantage in the early game meaning that they COULD easily set up a flank. Something coh 2 rifles lack. MGs on the other hand, could not cap while set up. WHICH further increased the US players map control and let them easily set up proper flanks.

Last but not least, FLAMER engineers. Yes, flamer engineers. US actually had some way of forcing MGs out of bunkers other than nades. In COH 2 you are forced to get a doctrine just to get flamers.

And of course, MINES. Mines mines mines. All factions in coh 1 had good mines. And they were much more dangerous than in coh 2. Sure, a squadwipe from a tm-35 or schu-mine is pretty good, but it doesn't happen that often. Much more worthwhile is suppresing the unit. It stopped blobbers dead.

In short, COH 1 US always had a plan B. If the flank with rifles failed, they could opt for a howitzer or a sniper, or a greyhoundd. They could also get a mortar (altho that wasn't too common because mortars werent that good)

In COH 2 USF it's just throwing waves and waves of riflemen hoping to get a lucky flank. Didin't get it? Well too bad, because rifles scale horribly and soon after your infantry is completely useless and your best bet is to spam shermans.

EDIT : Something i FORGOT once again. Suppresion in coh 1 ALSO worked differently. Suppresed units in coh 1 Actually still did a considerable amount of damage, a rifle BAR squad that gets suppresed but just manages to get out of the arc of fire of the MG-42 would still wipe it. In COH 2, suppresed units basically deal 0 damage.
2 Jul 2015, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 21:07 PMBurts
People that say "just flank it" clearly have no idea either about how COH 1 USA worked, or how COH 2 USF is different from US in COH 2.

First of all, rifles were *significantly* more tough than in coh 1. Early....

Stop reading from here.
2 Jul 2015, 21:31 PM

Stop reading from here.

Yes, unless you think that 5-6 mins is already mid game, which is around the time you could pop BARs.

Nades came around when, 3-4 minutes?
2 Jul 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 21:31 PMBurts

Yes, unless you think that 5-6 mins is already mid game, which is around the time you could pop BARs.

Nades came around when, 3-4 minutes?

Rifles are only considered strong after vet 1 with BAR, in early game, lol

And it is NOT hard to win Rifles with only Volksspam, good micro and positioning required though.

I didn't say US was weak. Their fluid flanking action (or guerrilla style vs PE) is strong and fun.
2 Jul 2015, 21:41 PM

Rifles are only considered strong after vet 1 with BAR, in early game, lol

And it is NOT hard to win Rifles with only Volksspam, good micro and positioning required though.

I didn't say US was weak. Their fluid flanking action (or guerrilla style vs PE) is strong and fun.

guerrila style vs PE? what :snfPeter: you mean 4 rifles 3 engis flamer blob of doom :snfPeter:
2 Jul 2015, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 21:41 PMBurts

guerrila style vs PE? what :snfPeter: you mean 4 rifles 3 engis flamer blob of doom :snfPeter:

You always need to play evasively before you have this blob.
If you just know only a bit of COH1 stop embarrassing yourself.
2 Jul 2015, 21:46 PM

People tend to play through the path of less resistance. In this case, OH nowadays.

Cause they partner up with OH :P

Yeah it goes without saying which ever factions the best will bleed wins over to the other faction it's paired with (for instance when you know what come out I have a feeling allied wins will skyrocket :snfPeter: )

I was merely asking what the conclusion we are supposed to draw from those stats are because OH being the most popular faction probably has a couple things to do with:

Not designed like garbage
Has everything it needs to counter enemy in basic tiers (barring T4 which remains :foreveralone: )
OKW is at the weakest it's ever been (mostly due poor mid game were USF and Soviets are by far at their strongest)
2 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

Sure sure, kid.

Why not? All they needed was a few OP 120 Mortars and Rifle guard blob from last patch.
2 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM

I play a lot of 2vs2 and have always CELO running. I noticed that many soviet players had high ranks exclusively for soviets and much lower ranks for all other factions, while having the same amount of games.

Their commander loadout looked like this: Guard Motor / Shock Rifle / Counter tactics

These commanders have been nerfed in the last patches, so from that you can easily conclude that a lot of soviet players inflated ranks, just like OKW players did in the past.

Winning rates always change a lot 1-2 weeks after patch because people need to adapt & get used to new strategies.
2 Jul 2015, 23:56 PM
Donator 22

Invisied post 498 for flaming.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak