Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
2 Jul 2015, 14:09 PM

As opposed to S-mines, 80mm mortar, incendiary airplane strike, pin-plane, pin plane loiter, fragmantation drop, MHT flame barrage, Brumbar, lefh, Panzerwerfer, light arty barrage and other abilities.

Please dude, lets remain serious, LEFH ? S-Mines ( big signs)? arty that takes ages to drop ? you saw a lot of incendiary airplane strike in 1v1 or 2v2 ? i personnaly never seen them. Panzerwerfer ? are we using the same ?

And why the Ostheer need a good MG compared to Soviets ? its a good question, lets say that mg dont instakill a squad, and SU can play with only CONS and call-ins ( with one or 2 zis gun eventually ).
It is harder to accomplish with Ostheer ( i am agree CAS is bullshit ).

I'am strictly talking of 1v1, and 2v2 to an extent, i ignore totally the balance in 3v3 and 4v4.

2 Jul 2015, 14:26 PM

Panzerwerfers decimate blobs better than the Katy, because you get 10 rockets on target in 1 volley, vs the Katys 4-8 before the blob has retreated out of the target zone.

Lefh is actually surprisingly decent in 2v2. It doesn't suffer from the same problem as other arty pieces in that it gets killed easily by a certain Ostheer doctrine. I've been using it more in 2v2 and I have reached good results with them. It's not a 1v1 unit though.

With Ostheer you can play grenspam quite well. The trick is to blob them up and you will find that you can only go head to head with this blob by blobbing yourself. And this only works up until they get G43s or LMGs. There is nothing harder about going grens-spam with 2 paks into StugE and tiger compared to going conspam into Zis with call-in spam. The main difference is that the MG42 now properly punishes blobbing, but with the soviets you have to wait until you get some big arty out because the maxim is shit (or lure them into a demo, but I would rather see the demo changed into something less cheesy like the Paratrooper demo).
2 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM

As opposed to S-mines, 80mm mortar, incendiary airplane strike, pin-plane, pin plane loiter, fragmantation drop, MHT flame barrage, Brumbar, lefh, Panzerwerfer, light arty barrage and other abilities. So why is it again that Ostheer gets an anti-blob mg and the soviets get an MG that can't stop 3 squads holding hands?

So each side have their strengths. Doesn't make the mg42 op. it does what it is supposed to do
: stop a frontal assault. And do not compare it to the maxim is a different beast all together. it would be fairer to compare it to the 50 cal. and the 50 cal is the better weapon.
2 Jul 2015, 14:33 PM

Cons spam works against OKW and Ostheer, Gren spam don't really work against USF, cause rifles just crush Grens, Stug-E has been heavily nerfed ( for a good reason ), good luck waiting for tigers with only grens and tigers now, walk in a single demo charge, and your blob is gone, not suppressed, gone. get a minesweeper with your blob, why not, but i will need an other one to cap, or risk a demo wipe.
Pio sweeper caping will loose against every infantry on the game, "MP management on the map" is quite "necessary" when you can loose your squad (or squads if you blobbed) with 1 button

Panzerwerfers decimate blobs better than the Katy, because you get 10 rockets on target in 1 volley, vs the Katys 4-8 before the blob has retreated out of the target zone.

Lefh is actually surprisingly decent in 2v2. It doesn't suffer from the same problem as other arty pieces in that it gets killed easily by a certain Ostheer doctrine. I've been using it more in 2v2 and I have reached good results with them. It's not a 1v1 unit though.

- Try to count in a week how many panzerwerfer you will see, and how many katyusha you will see.

- So lets count ML 20 and B4 in the list if you think lefh is "surprisingly decent"

Note : I will never defend CAS
2 Jul 2015, 14:34 PM

Bullshit.

The Kat actually hits what it is targeted at. The Panzerwerfer is shit beyond rock throwing range.
2 Jul 2015, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 14:28 PMZyllen

So each side have their strengths. Doesn't make the mg42 op. it does what it is supposed to do
: stop a frontal assault. And do not compare it to the maxim is a different beast all together. it would be fairer to compare it to the 50 cal. and the 50 cal is the better weapon.

I don't think the MG42 is OP. I think it does what it needs to do. I just think the maxim sucks in comparison to the MG42 and does not do what it needs to do.

Both machine guns are equally good at stopping a single squad. Both have pros and cons concerning their set up time, arch of fire, vulnerability to the opponents special abilities etc. But when one of the HMG is confronted by a blob, it deals with it, while the other one needs to retreat immediately because it can only suppress 1 squad at a time, maybe 2 if you keep switching targets manually. It defeats the purpose of the unit, and you are better off just making another conscript squad.

2 Jul 2015, 14:38 PM

I don't think the MG42 is OP. I think it does what it needs to do. I just think the maxim sucks in comparison to the MG42 and does not do what it needs to do.

Both machine guns are equally good at stopping a single squad. Both have pros and cons concerning their set up time, arch of fire, vulnerability to the opponents special abilities etc. But when one of the HMG is confronted by a blob, it deals with it, while the other one needs to retreat immediately because it can only suppress 1 squad at a time, maybe 2 if you keep switching targets manually. It defeats the purpose of the unit, and you are better off just making another conscript squad.

Ost have a better MG, and SU have a better mobile artillery ? isnt the asymetrical balance ? ( lets ignore demo for this time)

When you run in MG range, you think "oh, he outplayed me this time, lets retreat or try something (smoke etc) (entity lost 1-2 max ?), now run in a demo, lets say "he outplayed me (i honestly use the F word myself in this case) (Squad lost, minimum 1)

2 Jul 2015, 14:38 PM

Bullshit.

The Kat actually hits what it is targeted at. The Panzerwerfer is shit beyond rock throwing range.

Yes, the Katy has magic guided missiles and the Panzerwerfer has especially designed safety missiles that will automatically choose a scatter pattern that avoids all organic matter. Bull-shit.
2 Jul 2015, 14:43 PM

Yes, the Katy has magic guided missiles and the Panzerwerfer has especially designed safety missiles that will automatically choose a scatter pattern that avoids all organic matter. Bull-shit.

in "pure damage at optimal use" they are equivalent, but for this result will have to come dangerously closer" and T4 is a pain in the ass to go for Ostheer, at least in 1v1, and 2v2 in a certain extent

2 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM

Bullshit.

The Kat actually hits what it is targeted at.

At half range or less on a visible target.
2 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not the end of the week yet and such a weekly based statistic is not yet trustworthy. Although considering your argument wouldn't Axis have a huge win rate in 1's?

Cause you have ample more space for flanks, less units to scout for you and cap.
2 Jul 2015, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned

Demo charge /Zis Barrage / Katyusha / 120mm mortar/ regular mortar/ SU 76 Barrage / incendiary strike

To use demo need a lot of ammo and its need know where blob will be walking, its a very luck to demo somthing.
Zis barrage its like su-76 barrage only to scary, no killing power and no supression.
Katysha, ok, so why need buff mg if axis have verfer of shtuka ?
120 maybe.
Regular mortar vs blob OpieOP

But i whanna know what thay have in early mid game ? Somthing like mg/ OKW HT ?

2 Jul 2015, 15:32 PM

To use demo need a lot of ammo and its need know where blob will be walking, its a very luck to demo somthing.
Zis barrage its like su-76 barrage only to scary, no killing power and no supression.
Katysha, ok, so why need buff mg if axis have verfer of shtuka ?
120 maybe.
Regular mortar vs blob OpieOP

But i whanna know what thay have in early mid game ? Somthing like mg/ OKW HT ?

Demo's, Cons in a greater number than grens, flamers ( that can be merged with cons, so more time in the battlefield )

2 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

Cause you have ample more space for flanks, less units to scout for you and cap.

Yeah I think all this thread can agree now the biggest balance issue atm is shitty maps
2 Jul 2015, 18:20 PM

Mg 42 is fine where it is , it now actually supress riflemen blob , they just dont run over it , kill it and stole it.

Only think that need to be toned down is supressing units in green cover and doing so much dmg to them.

Now we need to flank (hovever this is not always wiable becaouse of some shitty maps ) not to just run with blob over it.

2 Jul 2015, 18:40 PM

This thread is quite entertaining. By all the complaining here you'd think COH1 was unplayable because people actually had to flank. There was no smoke from the gods, or oorah on non doc inf, or flamer rifleman, or any of that crap. Yes if you blob 4 rifles into 1 MG your 4 rifles SHOULD NOT win the engagement. Spread out 4 rifles and flank and you will win easily. Just because your 4 rifles cost 5X more than 1 MG doesnt mean squat. If you play like a scrub you should get whooped like one and obviously too many scrubs got used to climbing the ladders with a crutch under both arms.

Was wondering when this would come out from someone who actually played CoH 1 and actually knows how to play as US.
2 Jul 2015, 18:43 PM

Ho, I do not know. Maybe that Axis win rate is skyrocketting in 2v2?

Because most allies noobs (like y*u) used to charge directly into MGs and won in the past 6 months?

And now suddenly you can't?
2 Jul 2015, 18:52 PM

Coh1 is not a valid example at all. Cheap rifles, 3 man hmg teams, and let's not forget Volks early game.
2 Jul 2015, 18:56 PM

This thread has become one big "Axis pro, allies noob" talk.
2 Jul 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 22

Invisied post 460 for flaming.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak