Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
1 Jul 2015, 07:05 AM

Forgive me since I haven't played vcoh in years, but I'm pretty sure you didn't use jeeps to kill MG teams.

Nah, however you used snipers which were in rax, or rangers fire up when you went 4-es.
1 Jul 2015, 07:36 AM
Donator 11

Forgive me since I haven't played vcoh in years, but I'm pretty sure you didn't use jeeps to kill MG teams.

And yes, the maps made a difference, there's about 5 maps that suck as allies in 2v2 alone against MGs (Kharkov, Minsk, ettelbruck,bysrtaya,and arguably trois ponts) and about 4 for axis as well (both moscows, and I can't recall the other two I veto at this moment).

Not kill MG crews, but jeeps gave vision, so you know where/how to flank and they could harass MG crews. the problem now, specially in 2v2s is that there are overlapping MGs and you dont know how/where to flank.

I veto Minsk, Ettelbruck, Bysrtaya,and Trois points myself, as allies. I doubt they would fix the maps. So I also suggest an increase in MP for the MG 42. I don't think we should nerf the MG BUT you have to admit that its now really hard for a team of USF players to deal with MGs
1 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM
Donator 11

Nah, however you used snipers which were in rax, or rangers fire up when you went 4-es.

and this
1 Jul 2015, 19:06 PM

You guys apparently never played CoH1. Riflemen came out of BARRACKS. Snipers came from WEAPON SUPPORT CENTER. Getting riflemen and snipers meant you had to back tech, costing 180mp and 15 fuel. By the logic I've seen on this thread, you could say "BUT THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SPEND 180mp and 15 fuel for WSC and then another 340mp for sniper, axis is OP can't kill MGs".

Also, jeep vision to flank MGs was never a thing people did. People would just get 4 riflemen, split them all up, move them all in at the same time from 4 directions, and then you react in the moment.

Furthermore, Rangers weren't a problem either. Super expensive and everyone went right hand side of infantry doctrine anyway, not left side for rangers. If you went rangers you were asking for the wehrmacht to beat you.
1 Jul 2015, 19:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

This thread is quite entertaining. By all the complaining here you'd think COH1 was unplayable because people actually had to flank. There was no smoke from the gods, or oorah on non doc inf, or flamer rifleman, or any of that crap. Yes if you blob 4 rifles into 1 MG your 4 rifles SHOULD NOT win the engagement. Spread out 4 rifles and flank and you will win easily. Just because your 4 rifles cost 5X more than 1 MG doesnt mean squat. If you play like a scrub you should get whooped like one and obviously too many scrubs got used to climbing the ladders with a crutch under both arms.
1 Jul 2015, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

This thread is quite entertaining. By all the complaining here you'd think COH1 was unplayable because people actually had to flank. There was no smoke from the gods, or oorah on non doc inf, or flamer rifleman, or any of that crap. Yes if you blob 4 rifles into 1 MG your 4 rifles SHOULD NOT win the engagement. Spread out 4 rifles and flank and you will win easily. Just because your 4 rifles cost 5X more than 1 MG doesnt mean squat. If you play like a scrub you should get whooped like one and obviously too many scrubs got used to climbing the ladders with a crutch under both arms.

Dont forget that maps were more open. In CoH 2 maps are narrower and even Jesulin said he has issues on some maps. Yeah, he needs to l2p too
1 Jul 2015, 19:50 PM

Several maps being garbage is a fairly well known thing and it cuts both ways. There are several maps were it's essentially an auto win against Ost for USF.

The MG42 should get a moderate price increase (260 MP), cause well, we are not going to get Relic to change maps for the sake of 1 unit.
1 Jul 2015, 20:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Maps should not dictate balance decisions. As above noted, maps are a crap shoot and some are good for X factions and some are bad and we all have to deal with it. Things like deep snow and blizzards obviously have no place in competitive play and IMO should be removed from automatch but I know that will probably never happen.
1 Jul 2015, 20:11 PM

From 2v2 and above, USF is screwed due to the MG42 spam/Sniper.

And I do not think that the change that Relic want to add would change anything.
1 Jul 2015, 20:42 PM

From 2v2 and above, USF is screwed due to the MG42 spam/Sniper.

And I do not think that the change that Relic want to add would change anything.

"I just ignore what respectable community members say about flanking and continue to complain that blob to win doesn't work anymore".

Smoke is really all you need to force a position change of the HMG 42. If you still think that you need to rush an m20 in order to secure an easy win, you fail to adapt.
1 Jul 2015, 20:43 PM

has anyone tried more rifles or a double RE opening to get a foothold earlier?

My buddy and I play double USF a lot and one of us will open with 3 RE squads at the start of some maps because they train and come out incredibly fast you have like 3 RE when they only have 1 squad and you can use say two squads to delay why third is making positions and they are very cheap to reinforce and take up little pop, great for back caping and harassment later on and with double zooks they work great almost like volks shrek blobs. Vet 3 RE for some reason to me seem to do really well with double zooks like the captain does.

Problem is still though you make positions that are ultimately kind of a waste they will immediately get a mortar and you will have no way to stop them from taking out emplacements with mortars as you can't get past mg's to get to their mortar and USF has no early enough counter arty.

1 Jul 2015, 20:54 PM

42 needs a slight mp increase other than that it is fine I have no problem flanking and micro. I do have a problem that allies are forced to do this but not axis, it just gives axis even more free reign to blob because allies can't. Obviously 1 squad doesen't beat 3 squads. The fact all allied mgs are inferior and/or come too late is just bullshit you would have to be blind to not see that. So once again one side is punished why the other is given free reign. The idea I thought was to make all mgs as effective as the 42 and 34 to universally stop blobbing but this did not happen. As usual the axis reply is L2p which is not the case.

Fact that even rifle grenades can even counter their own stolen mgs. Then people say well no grenades while suppressed once again imo due to the in general shity allied mgs with small arcs axis still have the advantage there. Smoke grenades only I could maybe see. Put maxim back to what it once was.
1 Jul 2015, 20:58 PM

"I just ignore what respectable community members say about flanking and continue to complain that blob to win doesn't work anymore".

Smoke is really all you need to force a position change of the HMG 42. If you still think that you need to rush an m20 in order to secure an easy win, you fail to adapt.

In 1v1, you can flank. In 2v2+, there are always more MG42 waiting for you.
1 Jul 2015, 21:10 PM

This.

End of the thread.
1 Jul 2015, 21:37 PM

it is flankable...just +4 clicks and voila,dead or retreating....or maybe I played versus very awful players
1 Jul 2015, 21:44 PM

Nobody is asking for frontal blob assaults to work on HMGs.

What people are asking for is:
- Give Maxim the same treatment, you can blob 4 (volks)grenadiers up to a maxim and kill it just fine.
- Do something about rifle grenades so you can't blob up grenadiers right up to HMGs and rifle grenade it from max range
- Give USF some MP only counters in the form of early mortars or snipers or whatever so HMGs don't automatically shut down half of the 2v2 maps.

Failing that, make the MG42 more expensive because (in large part due to the above reasons) it performs way better than the other HMGs.

1 Jul 2015, 21:44 PM
Donator 11

I see the problem 1) very good supression in green cover, so its need try to fix 2) and change the price of mg 3) USF need more early option, not smoke only
So somthing of this need to do. Becouse MG in USF cutoff or hous (Faimontville) its gg.

:rofl:
1 Jul 2015, 21:47 PM
Donator 11

- Give USF some MP only counters in the form of early mortars or snipers or whatever so HMGs don't automatically shut down half of the 2v2 maps.

Failing that, make the MG42 more expensive because (in large part due to the above reasons) it performs way better than the other HMGs.

really? REALLY?
1 Jul 2015, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned

4 rifles shouldnt beat an MG. I suppose you think its ok for grens to erase mg's with rifle nades right? cus you know, those aren't rifles. Or obers, that still walk up to all allied mg's and kill them with ease. Lets not forget Falls, Jeagers, and Storms that can spawn fro fucking buildings and wipe mg's. But I suppose you consider that flanking cus those are axis units right?

Why do people keep bringing up vcoh? Yes you didn't have "god smoke". but you did have an option between WSC or rifles.

In coh2 rifles are expensive, scale like shit, and lack proper support teams. 4 rifles shouldn't beat an mg from the front. but 2 rifles and early mg and mortar should, something usf cannot pull off.

MG42 needs a price increase plain and simple, for 240mp you counter an entire faction design. Meanwhile DSHK and 50cal come later an do less and cost more. Not to mention the maxim, which is complete shit
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS