Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
25 Jun 2015, 19:37 PM

I liked the old HMG42. Except for it exploding from PTRS fire it seemed fine to me. It stopped blobs long enough for me to react and using AP incendiary on blobs was just funny.

Speaking of which good vet abilities for expensive allied HMGs would be nice. The 50 cal has sprint so it can run to its death by riflenades faster, how fun.
25 Jun 2015, 19:40 PM

Lol the maxim is fucking awful you can blob ut to death and it'll die because it its retreat animation
25 Jun 2015, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:36 PMJadame!
Best thing about this patch how ostheer hmg destroy blobs, kubel suppresses with first burst imediately after set-up, but maxims still the same worthless piece of junk which got blobbed to death and then salvaged.

Relic should at least give DShK AoE suppression of hmg42. Damn thing cost so much and so useless it hurts. I don't care how much damage it does, if it cant fight blobs, why i need it? Even if it was out of doctrine i just build cheaper maxims instead.

Also in team games paradrop 50 cal for soviets could be a nice thing.
And still allies haven't good early anti blob mg. So axis can blob, allies can't.
25 Jun 2015, 19:45 PM
Donator 11

But maxim is a ww1 machinegun and is supposed to be bad :D To compensate Relic gave you a big crew.
25 Jun 2015, 19:49 PM
Donator 33

Maxims can suppress blobs, you just have to target each squad manually :foreveralone:
25 Jun 2015, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:45 PMspajn
But maxim is a ww1 machinegun and is supposed to be bad :D To compensate Relic gave you a big crew.
So why the put maxim in tier not dshk? In this logic ost must have mg34. Also, this 6 men is shit. It is the end for maxim when gunner gets killed or when maxim trying to retreat under enemy fire.
25 Jun 2015, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:36 PMJadame!
Best thing about this patch how ostheer hmg destroy blobs, kubel suppresses with first burst imediately after set-up, but maxims still the same worthless piece of junk which got blobbed to death and then salvaged.

Relic should at least give DShK AoE suppression of hmg42. Damn thing cost so much and so useless it hurts. I don't care how much damage it does, if it cant fight blobs, why i need it? Even if it was out of doctrine i just build cheaper maxims instead.

Also in team games paradrop 50 cal for soviets could be a nice thing.

The DHsK can suppress a squad a lot faster than the MG42 can and has a faster swivel time. If you have good micro a DHsK is better than an MG42, if you have shit micro the DHsK is worse.

And why need it? Idk it hard counters OKW starts by having good performance versus OKW's higher model count squads and having the ability to cause serious harm to light vehicles.

25 Jun 2015, 20:07 PM

It should have a slightly smaller arc of fire simply because that would make the game more interesting. Smaller arc = encourages flanking = encourages smart positioning.

HMG units (at least Axis ones) should be based on that principle!
25 Jun 2015, 20:34 PM

MG42 is very good right now, but it is really hard to know what to do about it. There are likely more changes coming (which no one but Relic knows absolutely) and many of the maps are unbalanced. On top of that Americans have literally one build order, and they have fewer real options against the MG.

I would like to see if the 42 remains as good after changes to tech structure come down the line, which is obviously planned for next patch.

TLDR: MG42 maybe OP, certainly a unit to keep an eye on, but such large changes are likely planned it is hard to know.
25 Jun 2015, 20:58 PM

So how You will be flanking it in 2v2 Kharkov, Minsk and another map ?

minsk is one of the best maps to flank
25 Jun 2015, 21:23 PM

is it even legit to call other fanboiz when you are exactly that too

you mean that kind of fanboy that cares for a balanced game with 2 equal sides?
25 Jun 2015, 21:34 PM
Donator 33

Stack veterancy bulletins for maxim so it will reach vet 2 and gain the 20% increased suppression bonus, so it can work as a proper machine gun again :S
25 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM
Patrion 14

The problem is that countering mg heavy play requires a player to flank, but USF does not usually have enough infantry to set up nice flanks, like soviets can. On some maps, this leads to mg spam becoming too powerful for cost (3 mgs + pio) will always beat 3 rifles. Especially when the grenade research will delay tech through fuel and more infantry through manpower. USF needs a non fuel costing t0 unit to help in killing mgs. Maybe a unit that can hit from beyond LOS. (I'm talking about a mortar)
25 Jun 2015, 21:56 PM

Permanently Banned

The DHsK can suppress a squad a lot faster than the MG42 can and has a faster swivel time. If you have good micro a DHsK is better than an MG42, if you have shit micro the DHsK is worse.

And why need it? Idk it hard counters OKW starts by having good performance versus OKW's higher model count squads and having the ability to cause serious harm to light vehicles.

o_O:rofl::clap:
25 Jun 2015, 22:01 PM

has anyone tried more rifles or a double RE opening to get a foothold earlier?
aaa
25 Jun 2015, 22:12 PM

today after like 8 games my rank droped twofold.
Main isuue that aliies dont have a blob counters. Its crazy OKw main stat is to blob with like 3-6 squads. And if opened with t1 (no mortar) nothing you do
25 Jun 2015, 22:20 PM

Their HMGs are limited by their small arc. Their ranges should be increased to make up for that IMO.
25 Jun 2015, 22:23 PM

i like going rifle 3x > grenade > rifle > captain > stuart. if ur rifle control sucks youre gonna be in for a bad time.
25 Jun 2015, 22:26 PM

has anyone tried more rifles or a double RE opening to get a foothold earlier?

More rifles means you'll be even more mp starved, pop locked and will bleed more, so outnumbering or having infantry numbers on pair with wehr is out of question because of the costs. 4 rifles is absolute top you can do before having serious sustain problems.

RETs are only good for capturing, they are literally losing to weapon crews.
25 Jun 2015, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 22:26 PMKatitof

More rifles means you'll be even more mp starved, pop locked and will bleed more, so outnumbering or having infantry numbers on pair with wehr is out of question because of the costs. 4 rifles is absolute top you can do before having serious sustain problems.

RETs are only good for capturing, they are literally losing to weapon crews.

all fair points, just curious if anyone has tried it; however regarding the RE squad, what I had in mind was utilizing it as though every game you were worried about getting semois pinned by OKW, rushing a squad or two to a chokepoint early, at least buying time with which the MG wouldn't be down your throat immediately.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS