Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
25 Jun 2015, 18:17 PM

The Dhsk does waaay more DPS and damage and has a faster set up and tear down time. Like idk if you have used it lately but I have and Iv been able to reliable kill any light vehicle I come across in a short time using it and it suppress's on the first burst.

Put it in a building and you will reak havoc.

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_sokolov_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/hmg_team_mg42_mp

Hardly "waaay more DPS and damage" considering the cost difference.
At vet1 with incendiary rounds on, THAT is "waaay more DPS", but its not DSHK that does it.

Aim time, set up and tear down and poor AP rounds make it impossible to "reliably kill any light vehicle", unless its immobilized first.

Except one rips light armor and infantry apart and other eats rifle nade and retreats.

As usual you talk so much shit that it makes people reading it want to flush.
25 Jun 2015, 18:23 PM

Permanently Banned
What I like about changes regarding MG42 and other HMG is the fact that you cannot run straightforward into them to throw grenades anymore

Hm, but grens can do it like thay do it before.
25 Jun 2015, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 13:16 PM(>-_-<)UFO
Well, as a matter of fact you can't run into a HMG42, wipe the crew and steal it anymore. You have to build your own HMGs which are much better: 50cal and DshK.

It is still vulnerable to oorah+Lolotov, Smoke+Getting overrun, AAHT and M20.

You play this game ? so 50 cal be only after 4 min, like m20 and AA HT, than come mortar or AC. DSHK are in 2 CP so its can be like 5-7 min or 13 min, you feel the different. The problem is that MG combo with grens +lmg are too strong. Lolotov its not nade, its total RNG he can kill 1-2 mod or ca , dont kill nothing.
25 Jun 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Realistically, flanking (2 directions suffice) and grenades make MGs largely a non-issue in all stages of the game. Thats not trash talk.

So how You will be flanking it in 2v2 Kharkov, Minsk and another map ?
25 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 14:34 PMaaa

That short word "if".
Fnank is not an option in many situations.

What i think i will try on urban maps
4 cons 2 mortars opening
1. In case of enemy having 2 mgs I will have 2 more infantry squads and to cap points in the opening. (if 1 mg i will flank it)

2. after that it will be like 4 cons 2 mortars vs 4 greens 2 mgs. And try hard to get vet 1 to any mortar.

3. After mortar gets vet 1. I will pound him using flares (which he dont have as far as i know) probably forcing to attack. And he cannot attack with his mgs he will attacj with infantry outside of mg range and die.

+
25 Jun 2015, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I was in alpha and i am a sad , becouse it was many thread about mg changes and relic dont listen player, its the same shit what it was in alpha.
WP relic, like always ((.
25 Jun 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 18:17 PMKatitof

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_sokolov_mp

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/hmg_team_mg42_mp

Hardly "waaay more DPS and damage" considering the cost difference.
At vet1 with incendiary rounds on, THAT is "waaay more DPS", but its not DSHK that does it.

Aim time, set up and tear down and poor AP rounds make it impossible to "reliably kill any light vehicle", unless its immobilized first.

Except one rips light armor and infantry apart and other eats rifle nade and retreats.

As usual you talk so much shit that it makes people reading it want to flush.

It's got much better basic pen and damage than the MG42 does making it so the AP rounds on it are more effective because they are increasing something that's already high to begin with. Also yes incendiary rounds are good, this is known, Dhsk AP round are now also good to.

The Dhsk also does way more suppression as well, Iv had it suppress and kill enemies in green cover in a matter of seconds.
25 Jun 2015, 19:00 PM

Pls. Have you ever heard of flanking, smoke grenades... Have you ever even played coh1? Finally you have to think a little bit in the early game when playing allies.

says the ostheer fanboy
25 Jun 2015, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

says the ostheer fanboy

is it even legit to call other fanboiz when you are exactly that too
25 Jun 2015, 19:08 PM

USF and Russian players actually have to flank now. You can't just A-move through hmg's anymore, so a bit of micro is required on your part if you want to flank an HMG.
25 Jun 2015, 19:11 PM

I think mg42s are ok and do what they're suppose to do its mainly an issue with usf lacking a viable strat besides rifle spam and shitty maps. Relic should fire the guy who thought the maxim was ok and shouldn't get an aoe buff, because it still sucks at countering blobs
25 Jun 2015, 19:17 PM

I think mg42s are ok and do what they're suppose to do its mainly an issue with usf lacking a viable strat besides rifle spam and shitty maps. Relic should fire the who thought the maxim was ok and shouldn't get a aoe buff, because it still sucks at countering blobs

Yeah if they had released all the Alpha changes to MG's (which is more than what we got) the Maxim would actually have a defined roll, right now it's just an outdated PoS

25 Jun 2015, 19:18 PM

Give USF rifle nades. I get my expensive .50 cal ganked by those constantly so turnaround seems fair against a 240 mp T1 unit.
25 Jun 2015, 19:23 PM

It's funny, when you need to counter t1 240 mp unit with grenade upgrades that costs not cheap, need ammo and requires two units. And lmg42 gren blob can still a-move, nothing will stop them expect Shermans or aa halftrak.
25 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM
Donator 33

Grenades shouldn't work when suppressed.

Except maybe smoke nades.
aaa
25 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM

No more blob charging head on

Blobs is and always was viable only for both germs fractions. And widely used by them only.

As allies you can blob only vs total total idiot.
Cuz they always had lots of supression units and other antiblob things and shooting building.
Mgs, ostwind, rifle nades any other units not alow you to blob.
25 Jun 2015, 19:27 PM

And what you can speak about flanking when single mg42 suppress squad with one shot on any distance. Today I have a lot of games when mg42 just suppress my squad from fog of war, squad was very far frome this mg.
25 Jun 2015, 19:31 PM

And what you can speak about flanking when single mg42 suppress squad with one shot on any distance. Today I have a lot of games when mg42 just suppress my squad from fog of war, squad was very far frame this mg.

The weakness of the MG42/34 is that is has a loooooong swivel time. Meaning if you send in two squads each on one end of the arc one squad will get suppressed while the other can get close enough to throw a grenade.

Grenades shouldn't work when suppressed.

Except maybe smoke nades.

We have a winner!
25 Jun 2015, 19:36 PM

The weakness of the MG42/34 is that is has a loooooong swivel time. Meaning if you send in two squads each on one end of the arc one squad will get suppressed while the other can get close enough to throw a grenade.

We have a winner!

Yeah, but you can just cover it with another mg or grenadiers. Usf early game is very hard to play, in this stage usf must be the strongest, because of weak late game but in this meta nope. Only a noob can't win early game with mg42 vs usf or your opponent must be higher in skill.
25 Jun 2015, 19:36 PM

Best thing about this patch how ostheer hmg destroy blobs, kubel suppresses with first burst imediately after set-up, but maxims still the same worthless piece of junk which got blobbed to death and then salvaged.

Relic should at least give DShK AoE suppression of hmg42. Damn thing cost so much and so useless it hurts. I don't care how much damage it does, if it cant fight blobs, why i need it? Even if it was out of doctrine i just build cheaper maxims instead.

Also in team games paradrop 50 cal for soviets could be a nice thing.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS