Login

russian armor

Relic: June 23rd Update: About Balance

23 Jun 2015, 03:09 AM
Patrion 14

"the June 23rd update is only our first step in further rolling out what players experienced in our Alpha."

when is the next step? a month? three months?

without proper timeline, phrases like these mean nothing to me. i doubted relic will take as long as 3 months to release the next patch after the lackluster first 2015 patch. now, i am not so sure and that is what bothers me.
23 Jun 2015, 03:16 AM

Next patch better be in a month.
aaa
23 Jun 2015, 03:25 AM

"improve the stats of the SU-76 so it can serve as a light tank destroyer. "

light tank destroyer is absolutely useless thing. Since all light vehicles are countered by cons.
What is needed is non callin heavy tank or t-34\85 at least.
23 Jun 2015, 03:30 AM

I guess the next thing to do is to do another alpha/beta for the more "extensive" changes to properly test them if that is what they are looking for. What was placed in that alpha was pretty damn good.
Relic does this. They slowly lose their population in game, by doing things like this, the increase of losing players in getting rapid. Its okay though,Relic doesn't care if they lose long time supporters of the game.
Exactly, why shelve half of the changes when they were so well received?
23 Jun 2015, 04:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 03:25 AMaaa
"improve the stats of the SU-76 so it can serve as a light tank destroyer. "

light tank destroyer is absolutely useless thing. Since all light vehicles are countered by cons.
What is needed is non callin heavy tank or t-34\85 at least.

Well, the increase in stats is extremely good. The phrase "light tank destroyer" in this case means its capable of destroying all manner of tanks, just not extremely well. Though it does get close to su-85 performance...

No need for imbalanced crap, thats what the results of the alpha changes were...
23 Jun 2015, 04:03 AM

Someone book Von Ivan into therapy or something please
23 Jun 2015, 04:26 AM

Yeah, I think it would be great if the COH2 beta was an ongoing affair where balance fixes were just regularly rolled in. There'd be minimal risk in Relic experimenting then, but the widest array of testers possible. Maybe then we wouldn't see such long waiting periods. Instead it got used once and then abandoned, as far as I'm aware.

Alpha could then remain for experimental overhauls.

Also, Relic needs to start using Australian times so I don't get excited every time I think a patch is supposed to be out already :(
23 Jun 2015, 04:31 AM
Patrion 28

the only reason i can see not to push forward changes (even if they are imbalanced) is if you're not sure how to deal with their effects.

hypothetically this would be something like: because OKH is boring we made the main gun do 240 damage. everyone liked this change (lol, please bear with me) but this causes really big balances issues that we're not sure how to solve; obviously AT isn't going to be very effective. since we don't even have a concept for how to solve the issue we'll hold off on implementation.

the whole t3/4 change not making it all in is stupid as any minor issues would just need a hotfix after a week or two to adjust cost/timing efficiency.
23 Jun 2015, 05:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 22:38 PMKatitof

And if you do, you'll play again at christmass.
Eh, as much as I loved the changes, I see where relic is coming from, certain axis faction post these changes became so op that it wasn't even funny.

My point exactly. I wasn't enamored with.the changes as much as you and I think it will swing the balance towards Axis too much
23 Jun 2015, 05:37 AM

Someone book Von Ivan into therapy or something please

THERAPY? I NEED WHAT RELIC PROMISED US.
I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THE MEGA-PATCH IS RELEASED. THIS GAME DESERVES BETTER.
23 Jun 2015, 07:06 AM

Guys, just do it like me, play as allies.
I have won 14 of my 15 last games and sometimes played really REALLY bad.
But it's so relaxing because you simply bleed the Axis so hard (especially OKW) that you can make those mistakes without being punished.

AND I DON'T EVEN OWN THE ELITE RIFLES.

Rifle,Rifle,Rifle,Rifle,Lieutenant,M20,Major,Sherman arrives about 9 or 10 minutes in the game.
Drop a AT gun if needed (mostly not). And build a Jackson next. Meanwhile harass the shit out of the Fritz and plant mines EVERYWHERE (very important).

Yesterday I faced a King Tiger and a single Jackson was my only AT option.
BUT WAIT!
Because of my Ammunition float I got about 750 Mun and was able to constantly keep up P47 for about 8 minutes.
I don't have to say that they tore apart the KT while my Scott bled the hell out of his blob.

There is still a majority of 90% playing as Axis, so trying Allies won't break the game. Give it a try. I hade the most fun for ages in the last week.
23 Jun 2015, 07:11 AM

If I would like a faster patching pace, being upset with that 3 months time to get a single fix. I can hardly blame Relic for not releasing the last Alpha change in a raw.
"Fun before balance" is an ephemeris concept that disappear at the moment we get use of the new meta and someone find a way to abuse it of its fun but unbalance aspect. Which at this time is not anymore fun at all.
23 Jun 2015, 07:51 AM

(Without being too negative - I have almost nothing to do with this game anymore)

Funny to see it's still the damn same thing why I (and others) left the game/scene.
As some of you stated above "Relic doesn't give a damn about losing supporters of the game".
That's just a fact, so many players and hard working people left cause of this attitude.

23 Jun 2015, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 07:11 AMEsxile
I can hardly blame Relic for not releasing the last Alpha change in a raw.
"Fun before balance" is an ephemeris concept that disappear at the moment we get use of the new meta and someone find a way to abuse it of its fun but unbalance aspect. Which at this time is not anymore fun at all.

Yeah, I have to concur. At this point in time I would kill for any major variation to the game. The meta has drained the fun from it for me. Even if something else become OP, it would take a while before the majority realised it. People would just be having fun trying to work out new strategies/counters in the meantime.
Hux
23 Jun 2015, 08:10 AM
Patrion 14

I (and others) left the game/scene.

When you 'leave the scene' but still come back to post...

OT I get what Relic are saying but it would be nice if they could give us some timeframe on when the rest of this is going to be rolled out (I.e no soon bs). A mass boycott f online play would be nice to see if it would force their hand a little, alas this is the internet though I guess..
23 Jun 2015, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2015, 08:10 AMHux

When you 'leave the scene' but still come back to post...

It means we care enough to stick around, but are pissed with lack of changes and postponing really important changes enough to not play anymore.
23 Jun 2015, 08:35 AM

I am disappointed that conscript PTRS in the tank hunter commander has not been addressed.

Metrics do not provide a real representation of a gameplay experience, I hope the design team doesn't rely on it too heavily.
23 Jun 2015, 08:48 AM

Paraphrasing ; "Its important that everything is completed tested and we want to make sure its right before it goes in game. The alpha didn't give us quite enough information so we want to further test before we release the alpha changes"

/Immediately releases a patch that absolutely nobody has tested

Also whats the betting that the alpha changes eventually get patched in exactly as they were in alpha.

Also i really hate Relic preaches on about how changing something will impact this and that like they're some kind of gurus of balance.
Your games balance is really really bad.
23 Jun 2015, 09:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Guys, Just stop worrying about it. Just go with the worst, than anything can become more positive..

We know Relic has the brain and the guts to deliver patches once every 6 months, so lets say they release one in 6 months, well fine, so be it. In the meanwhile, we can play the great mods that are comming out now, soon or are already fully operational.

We can also just stop playing Axis for 2 weeks and see the patch rolled out even quicker. We as a consumer have more power than they do. If you want the patch that badly, just stop playing Axis for 2 maybe even 3 weeks, no one will find a game, Relic must act then.
23 Jun 2015, 09:15 AM
Donator 33

Yeah, that post by relic is quite honestly really silly. I see their point of view, but the time they take to test is just way to long....

Definitely this.

It would have been a perfectly reasonable blog post..... some time last year.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★