Login

russian armor

"Tech Tree Complete" awards a la Konigstiger

22 Jun 2015, 07:47 AM

The King Tiger is a big incentive for the OKW to fully tech. The other factions ought to have similar "max tech level" rewards to encourage teching all the way and not beelining medium armor, or stalling for call ins. These wouldn't nessecarily have to be god units like the King Tiger, but units that exemplify the faction and all locked inside HQ.

-Ostheer, I think 250 Halftracks would be neat. For say 250 MP and 10 fuel each. Would basically give Ostheer super-late game excellent mobility and capping. A fully mechanized army.

-Soviets, a Commissar. Boom.

-USF, I have no idea. M3 Halftracks would be excellent and would mirror Ostheer, minus some mobility but with mobile reinforcement. I'm not sure on the Americans.

Anyways, is this a good idea people? I realize they have a 0 chance of making it in, I just think that they are neat.
22 Jun 2015, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
To be honest, I don't find the KT worth it. Rather have 2 panthers!

What can the Russians field that is similar to KT? What can USF field that is similar to KT? Does this mean Ostheer will get KT as well?
22 Jun 2015, 08:32 AM

Concept isn't bad, but KT is option, cause it could change a game and such units (250 Halftracks, Commissar, M3 Halftracks) is very arguable reward for such big investment in tech. It could be something else rather than heavy tank, like - artillery or very good general tank, but it must worth it.
22 Jun 2015, 08:40 AM

I don't really think its needed.
More sideways expanded tech/upgrades would be better then just plain tier tech.
22 Jun 2015, 09:08 AM

Ostheer gets Panzerfausts and Rifle grenades when teching.
USA gets retreat point and free officers, specially Lietnuant is a shock unit.
Soviets get nothing :foreveralone: but i think it´s ok. Soviets are the strongest faction atm anyway.
22 Jun 2015, 09:20 AM

Same here. They should do something with the KT IF they want to be used again.
22 Jun 2015, 09:26 AM

Lol wut? What is wrong with King Tiger? Buff it? Its still the best heavy ingame, even it needs massive teching unlike IS2. I cant believe people bitch about KT after armor nerf, which was a good change. Do you really want to bring back old KT WutFace
22 Jun 2015, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 09:26 AMl4hti
Lol wut? What is wrong with King Tiger? Buff it? Its still the best heavy ingame, even it needs massive teching unlike IS2. I cant believe people bitch about KT after armor nerf, which was a good change. Do you really want to bring back old KT WutFace

The nerfing of its armor was good. The maintaining of the exactly same price was bad.
22 Jun 2015, 10:01 AM

This. With the new patch even the AI disadvantage of the Panther is gone. That´s imo the tank with the most infantry crushing potential. Just race over the infantry without fearing an AT nade. And contrary to the KT the Panther can drive away. The KT will go down because it can´t get away.

End of tech tree rewards must be strong, but currently they aren´t. Some people don´t like a super strong unit lategame. But who the hell techs all the way up to get only an average unit? This said: For a lousy Sdkfz 250 or Commissar nobody is going to tech up. Have a strong unit available after teching (like KT) and people will cry til it gets overnerfed.
22 Jun 2015, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 09:43 AMJohnnyB

The nerfing of its armor was good. The maintaining of the exactly same price was bad.

It got 50% more dmg then IS-2, incomparably less scatter, more HP, lets not compare penetration.
Seems rather wroth the extra 30 fuel for a unit that is much more lethal, more durable, slower and non doctrinal.
22 Jun 2015, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 10:18 AMKatitof

It got 50% more dmg then IS-2, incomparably less scatter, more HP, lets not compare penetration.
Seems rather wroth the extra 30 fuel for a unit that is much more lethal, more durable, slower and non doctrinal.
In a game that is all about mobility this is a huge flaw. If you can´t escape the hard counters, all the advantages are nullified. The lack of a 60 range AT gun means you can only support it on shorter range, but not from the hard counters that fire at 60 range. The other option would be to have a Panther or JP IV nearby, but that´s unlikely at the fuel cost.

It has its uses. But those are limited to 2v2 with an Ost teammate. Ost teammate can guard it with Paks. Even then it´s limited to sit at a VP or lead pushes about 10m into the hostile territory, simply because it can´t get away.

KT < 2 Panthers.
22 Jun 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 10:18 AMKatitof

The fuel difference is bigger if we are to consider the fuel penalty + lack of caches option.
22 Jun 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 10:43 AMJohnnyB

The fuel difference is bigger if we are to consider the fuel penalty + lack of caches option.

Here we go again...

#vet5salvagecard
#hightechingcostscard
#freebonuseswithtechingcard
#biascard
#attackplayercardcard
#l2pcard

Guys, just don't start, okay?
22 Jun 2015, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 10:43 AMJohnnyB

Irrelevant, proven by panther.

175 is 175 and performs like 175, not like 250.
260 is 260 and performs like 260.
Penalties limit the armor presence, not its effectiveness.

Its superior to IS-2 and tiger and cost reflects it.

@Butcher
Then get 2 panthers.
If the choice isn't obvious to always go for it, it likely means its in good spot.

And 1v1 late game is hardly about spreading all your forces as thin as possible.
Moreover, your other forces still move as they did before.

AT guns can't chase anything and you have (soon) stealth puppchens to protect it effortlessly from any flank and soon even from the TDs positioned in front of it.
22 Jun 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 10:57 AMKatitof

Irrelevant, proven by panther.

175 is 175 and performs like 175, not like 250.
260 is 260 and performs like 260.
Penalties limit the armor presence, not its effectiveness.

Its superior to IS-2 and tiger and cost reflects it.

Well the only logic you are able to see is yours, as allways. So we'll just agree to disagree.
22 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 11:32 AMJohnnyB

Well the only logic you are able to see is yours, as allways. So we'll just agree to disagree.

I see you already are grasping at straws.
At the same time I don't see you being able to prove me wrong.
22 Jun 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 11:37 AMKatitof

I see you already are grasping at straws.
At the same time I don't see you being able to prove me wrong.

I didn't see no one "being able" to prove you anything so, no offense, it's not worth it.
22 Jun 2015, 11:46 AM

Obviously its not worth it duuh.

Most of the time you would be arguing stats.

You can not agree with them, but it won't make them any less accurate.
22 Jun 2015, 12:27 PM

Permanently Banned
If we consider the fuel penalty for OKW, than we can conclude that going KT is even less viable than going double Panthers. You only need two tech structures for panthers, not all.
22 Jun 2015, 14:04 PM

If we consider the fuel penalty for OKW, than we can conclude that going KT is even less viable than going double Panthers. You only need two tech structures for panthers, not all.

aren´t OKW units prices adjusted to that fuel penalty???? just asking, I´m not sure about it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★