Login

russian armor

Shreks

4 Jun 2015, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 18:07 PMRocket

I dunno i'm not a big stat look up guy I read the patch notes and I know they nerfed the accuracy from long range but to me that was never the problem that needed nerfing it is the pen and the damage. Classic relic thinking. And the fact to me it does not seem to lower volks dps against infantry as the shrek does pretty good dmg to riflemen sometimes it feels like the shreks give them more dps.

Their accuracy versus even the heaviest/largest tanks IE The IS2 and ISU at long range is really bad, like I said earlier they only have about a 47% chance to hit, you can imagine what the chance to hit is against lighter armor.

Now, that said USF mediums have larger vehicle sizes than normal by design so Shreks are more potent against them.

It's kinda hard to change the Shrek without changing Volks. Since Volks are really only good for carrying Shreks around the field and not much else.

Honestly I think if you made the schreck an exact copy of the bazooka the allies would've much more problems, because the zook has a higher fire rate & accuracy and doesn't really need high pen to penetrate most of the allied armour.

This is also true, capturing Zook's is actually really nice since it lets your squad vet up super fast and you don't need pen when facing stuff like Shermans. It's also why you ALWAYS want to capture the USF AT gun if you see one abandoned :D

Another food for thought when a shrek gets dropped on the ground you telling me you've never had that epic battle no matter what side your on to get the shrek back or steal it. People want it like crack there is a reason for that, zook laying on the ground people just walk by it lol.

See above, you always want to pick up Zooks as Axis, people who don't are either full on weapon slots or are bad.
4 Jun 2015, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 18:14 PMRocket
Another food for thought when a shrek gets dropped on the ground you telling me you've never had that epic battle no matter what side your on to get the shrek back or steal it. People want it like crack there is a reason for that, zook laying on the ground people just walk by it lol.

That's the paradox - axis profit more from bazookas since allies tanks have usually lower armour, while allies profit more from schrecks since axis tanks have usually high armour.
4 Jun 2015, 18:30 PM

That's the paradox - axis profit more from bazookas since allies tanks have usually lower armour, while allies profit more from schrecks since axis tanks have usually high armour.

This is a very regular thing balance wise.

Allies love MG-42s
Axis love Maxims

Axis would love something cheap like a T-34
Allies sure would love a Panther

etc
etc

It's very weird to be honest.
4 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM

It isn't - the grass is always greener on the other side.
4 Jun 2015, 21:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is a very regular thing balance wise.

Allies love MG-42s
Axis love Maxims

Axis would love something cheap like a T-34
Allies sure would love a Panther

etc
etc

:rofl:

You don't want Maxims as OH, you'll rather pick it up as OKW since you might not choose a commander with MGs. At most is denial.

OH doesn't need a T34 > They have a P4. Why the hell would you want a T34 as OKW ? You need AI you get P2 or Flak, you want AT you get JPIV or P5.

The only thing every Axis player wants is the 120mm.
4 Jun 2015, 21:19 PM

Shreks are actually fine after that accuracy nerf. Believe it or not, you can kite with tanks now.
4 Jun 2015, 21:24 PM

:rofl:

You don't want Maxims as OH, you'll rather pick it up as OKW since you might not choose a commander with MGs. At most is denial.

OH doesn't need a T34 > They have a P4. Why the hell would you want a T34 as OKW ? You need AI you get P2 or Flak, you want AT you get JPIV or P5.

The only thing every Axis player wants is the 120mm.

Showing my age here.

A few patches ago there were a whole bunch of threads where OH players talked about desperately wanting the Maxim and Soviets wanted the MG-42. My thoughts on the T-34 thing, which admittedly was a bit dumb, was that there's always a problem with OH of having to spend a pile to tech to tanks.
On the other hand, it would be an interesting faction that combined the combined infantry arms of the OH with the cheaper tanks of the USSR...
4 Jun 2015, 22:05 PM

I think what he meant was OKW players want a medium generalist tank.

4 Jun 2015, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think what he meant was OKW players want a medium generalist tank.

I heard Elite Armor is really popular :snfPeter:
5 Jun 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey guys, just so you know, it's schreck, not shrek.
5 Jun 2015, 01:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That reminds me, I have yet to kill someone's tank with Panzerschrecks and tell them "Get shreckt".
5 Jun 2015, 04:50 AM

One might say "check urself b4 u schreck urself."
5 Jun 2015, 05:08 AM

way to contribute
5 Jun 2015, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 15:29 PMRocket

lol.

There is simply no reason for the shrek to be so powerful when in general axis are fighting lighter armor. I have no problem beating them it is just annoying why relic need to make things easy for axis and not much micro or intelligence needed. For example the magic smoke they get that is a get out of jail free card compared to the shitty smoke the sherman get that can't be fired on top of your vehicle and has a delay which makes it useless most the time to try and save your tank.

It really does make it rewarding winning as allies in 4v4 although.

I saw these kind of arguments thousand of times here on these forums and the shreck it's not a balance issue as some people want to believe. People often forget that when you judge a weapon you must take into consideration much more issues as: it's counterpart, the squad using it, the cost, what is designed for, how spamable is the thing against it was designed, what is that thing's cost, how it works, when it can be efficiently used and when it can't, and soooo much more. You people are judging to simply. From that point of view, I can tell you myself a thing that bothered me: a bazooka blob taking out my Tiger with a side attack before it can withdraw. Yes, that happened to me. That UP bazooka. Does it mean bazooka it's OP? Of course not. But the situation on the field was leading for that event to occur.

To conclude, any kind of shreck blobs, being pzgrens or volks or whatever can be easily stomped, killed, crushed, etc. The light and medium allied armor IT'S NOT DESIGNED to fight from upclose or medium distance against shreck blobs. Even so, if you are friend with the RNG God, you can whipe a volk/pzgren/whatever shreck squad with one shot with a Shermann or a T34 (Yes, I said T34) from an optimal distance for the shreck. Now that, I saw THAT to many times to be balanced.

So this kind of attitude "I want kill this unit with THAT unit no matter what, because I find it sexy" aka "I want to resist and kill that shreck blob with my shermann" it's not going to make you feel the game balanced. I want to kill a Stuart with a Scout car because I think it's sexy. Well, wrong. Even if theoretically in some special conditions it's possible, still, the scout car it's not designed to resist to Stuarts nor to kill them.
5 Jun 2015, 17:43 PM

You are taking into account that your on steppes or something like that where you can keep your medium tanks at range and are in a open field with nothing to block you or cause your tank to do some shit pathing. Most maps it is not that easy to simply stay at max range and slowly reversing. Obviously I don't usually send mediums forward with out scouting infantry but 2 squads of shreks could come around a building and insta salvo your medium easily not giving you time to reverse or smoke. 2 squads of zooks are most likely not going to insta knock out your pz4 and give you time to escape. Plus you can simply hit the magic insta smoke button. Goes along with the whole thing of axis can make mistakes with there tanks cause of the shit knock out ability of zooks and there magic smoke and race car blitz and panthers. Allies make one tiny mistake with a tank run into a squad of shrek mobs and insta killed with no time to smoke reverse other than pray to the rng gods and drive on top of them hoping there is no other AT nearby or more schrek mobs. Things like losing a sherman to something like that early on can really screw USF. My opinion still stands that shreks are too effective at killing allied armor in vast comparison to ptrs or zooks doing the equal to axis armor.

I understand that the sherman or e8 is not designed to kill AT infantry, They are to fight other mediums and flank heavy armor JohnnyB but that is tough to do when there are shreks everywhere and it takes like 6-10 hits with multiple mediums in the ass of a tiger to kill it giving the hordes of shrek mobs time to respond and insta slavo all your mediums possibly saving the tiger and your well made flank that completely caught the tiger of whatever sorts by suprise is turned upside down on you.

Pz4 and all aixs tanks can fight our AT infantry just fine though. Makes sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 831
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment