Login

russian armor

Shreks

4 Jun 2015, 17:21 PM

Me and my clan can barely get people to play against us these days be it Axis or Allies in 3's and 4's.

WHOA WHOA WHOA 3v3/4v4 master race, many skill, much wows, so scared of alex' crew :foreveralone:
4 Jun 2015, 17:22 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA 3v3/4v4 master race, many skill, much wows, so scared of alex' crew :foreveralone:

my posts reflect my opinion on 1v1 and 2v2 balance :snfQuinn:
4 Jun 2015, 17:27 PM

It depends on which Shrek your talking about. Giving Shreks to Pgrens unless you using Luftwaffe Supply, Close Air Support, or Oustruppen is always a bad idea because Pgrens are very easy to 1 shot and you need to stick them in the range of a tank to shoot the shreks. In that case a very large amount of micro is require to keep the Pgrens alive.

Volk shreks are easy to use by design since OKW doesn't have very plentiful and mobile AT (Volk shreks also cost a lot, with the income reduction accounted for they cost 112 munitions) because they lack of the fuel to get lots of Vehicles and the Rackten only has 50 range. If you opponent is spamming Volks you can do a couple of things:

1. Spam Harder; Volks have pathetic performance versus enemy infantry so get stuff like 1919 Rifles/Para's or Shocks which will tear them apart.

2. Crushing; this is a big thing because OKW lacks any kind of snare so he can't stop you from just crushing all his infantry without retreating. USF has the best vehicles for this but both the T34 variants can do it. Remember to make tight turns without stopping. And even if you don't crush them pushing Volks stops their shreks from firing meaning you can employ this tactic using non-heavy crush armor.

3. Artillery; Katyusha's and other artillery will annihilate Volks blobs, as well as blobs in general.

4. Kiting; Shreks have 35 range so you can kite them with basically any vehicle. This is best done with the USF AA HT since it also suppresses the infantry making them unable to move at top speed. With even better micro you can do with with duel MHC's and wipe squads like there's no tomorrow.

5. Overpower them; A good OKW player will volley fire his Shreks at 1 tank to kill it as fast as possible, a bad one will just let his shreks hit what ever. When facing a good player make sure to focus fire his Volk squads 1 at a time instead of shooting at different ones. Turn his tactics against him.

Or just employ none of those tactics and charge blindly into enemy lines with TD's meant to engage at range.

Yes those are all things I already employ and it is done much easier in 2v2, Allies period have it much easier in 2v2 and 1v1. It is when you get to 3's and 4's where you will get at least 2 sometimes 3 people with the grenblob or volkblob and just wait til heavys. If the shrek was not soo good at what it does then I do not think you would see the blobing you do now. It is pretty simple in most cases they really don't have to make anything else especially in 3v3 4v4.

as for the video yeah I would of split the tanks and moved them in a wider flank on each side. Why I posted it was if you noticed the ammount of dmg the shrek mobs were doing the whole time ultimately making a huge impact on how much dmg their late game vehicles took sometimes if your vehicle lives to take one more shot it can make a huge difference on which piece of armor survives (the king tiger). I probably would of used the e8 range smoke on top of the pak and shrek mobs.

Just saying why can't the shrek be on par with the zook. The shrek at zook levels would deal moderate damage and be able to ward off early game armor like the zook does everything up to pz4 but not be able to insta destroy a sherman e8 or 34/85 with one salvo (or very close to it depending). What if zooks were able to do that to panthers? I think that would be fun.
4 Jun 2015, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 17:27 PMRocket

If the Zook was as good as the Panzershrek you would see a lot more blobbing because Zook's are cheaper than shreks and can be equipped by all USF squads.

I don't think really anyone likes the Shrek on Volks idea, and people have brought up ideas to fix it without making things even harder for OKW in 1's and 2's but Relic has said Shreks are going to stay on Volks barring some major changes.

If you really are doing everything listed, and your team mates are to you shouldn't have that much of a problem. The biggest things is just staying at max range were the Shrek has piss poor accuracy. It has something like a 47% chance to hit an IS2 at max range.
4 Jun 2015, 17:32 PM

because 3v3/4v4 is so complex and skill based :megusta:
4 Jun 2015, 17:35 PM

because 3v3/4v4 is so complex and skill based :megusta:

Different strokes for different folks. Bigger games modes open up a lot more room for "fun" stuff. My preferred game mode at the moment would be 2's tho.
4 Jun 2015, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned

If the Zook was as good as the Panzershrek you would be balanced

fixed that for you.

yea lets give axis demos, but when we discuss viable AT for USF. that's unacceptable.
4 Jun 2015, 17:41 PM

fixed that for you.

yea lets give axis demos, but when we discuss viable AT for USF. that's unacceptable.

You can only get 1 Shrek on 1 squad for 90 munitions. If that's what USF players want fine by me.
4 Jun 2015, 17:43 PM

Permanently Banned

You can only get 1 Shrek on 1 squad for 90 munitions. If that's what USF players want fine by me.

u pay extra for the cold immunity, and you now that. shreks cost the same as zook
4 Jun 2015, 17:46 PM

u pay extra for the cold immunity, and you now that. shreks cost the same as zook

Very few maps anymore even have cold weather problems (blizzards that is), but as it still stands if Zooks were just copy pasted Shreks they would need the same restrictions. You can get 1 on a squad for 90 munitions.
4 Jun 2015, 17:49 PM

Never liked the way Axis AT and Tanks were superior to their allies counterparts. Whilst I generally support the OP's post, I think the Allies general advantages in AI capabilities would need to be rearranged, although not neccessarily toned down.

Personally though, I'd still fully support a complete game redesign... The new patch raises some hope (NDA, NDA, NDA)
4 Jun 2015, 17:52 PM

Permanently Banned

Very few maps anymore even have cold weather problems (blizzards that is), but as it still stands if Zooks were just copy pasted Shreks they would need the same restrictions. You can get 1 on a squad for 90 munitions.

No, if the USF player is willing to pay 120muni for double zooks, he should be able to. You have no right to say USF has to pay 90muni, your argument is very poor, especially since pgrens can get double shreks.
4 Jun 2015, 17:58 PM

Different strokes for different folks. Bigger games modes open up a lot more room for "fun" stuff. My preferred game mode at the moment would be 2's tho.

By checking your player card Alex I've played about the same amount of games as you if not a little more mostly 4v4 and quite a bit of 2v2 which I am above 500 with my 2v2 partner. Just mentioning that because you were giving me beginner tips lol. Even in 2's at least ones I play the flaktrack for either faction will not stay up for so long and once it does go down your just not going to build another cause you have shermans and they have panthers by then so I don't find that a very great volk/pgren mob tool. Staying at range is of course a great idea but the game and most maps favor axis defensive positions. You have to attack at some point and you have to break axis defensive positions or lose by VP.

Of course there is arty and other things to try to soften them up first but to me it still comes down to having to move forward with armor at some point and when axis already have the best TD's in the game which I usually don't see them have trouble fielding elephants in 2v2 JT's not as much, then how are you going to stay at range? Most likely your going to have to go attack them unless you have managed to keep and guard the vp points. The shrek mobs lingering everywhere makes this pretty difficult to do in 2v2 and almost impossible in 4v4 with armor. You can only out range axis for a time until they out range you and your IS2 can't do much then. But I mean there is a million different situations depending on factions/commanders/how they play/how you adapt.

The shrek is great as soon as equiped, even does good dmg to infantry, and scales on into the game is over. To me it's like giving them a handicap or a head start in a race and if they didn't get a unfair start in the race perhaps I would win more races.

4 Jun 2015, 17:58 PM

No, if the USF player is willing to pay 120muni for double zooks, he should be able to. You have no right to say USF has to pay 90muni, your argument is very poor, especially since pgrens can get double shreks.

The reason why double shreks on Pgrens is balanced is because Pgrens are A. Expensive B. A 4 man squad and C. they only have 2 models without Shreks after upgrading meaning they lose almost all their AI power.

The reason it would not be balanced on Rifles is that Rifles can be built from the start of the game, are cheaper than Pgrens, harder to 1 shot, and have enough non Zook models left over after upgrading to keep their AI performance.

I'm all in favor of keeping the Zook's stats the same but making Zooks much much cheaper to acquire, but if they preformed on the level of Shreks they would need a lot of restrictions added.
4 Jun 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 17:58 PMRocket

The shrek is great as soon as equiped, even does good dmg to infantry, and scales on into the game is over. To me it's like giving them a handicap or a head start in a race and if they didn't get a unfair start in the race perhaps I would win more races.

That my friend, is entirely the point for OKW (or at least Relic has said as much). As a trade off for having less fuel income and thus much less ready access to AT options OKW gets to have it's basic infantry get shreks.

Now, the Shrek blob of today is by and far removed from the Shrek blob of our forefathers. It's accuracy has been nerfed twice, and the Veterancy on Volks that made it a nightmare to deal with once they hit Vet 5 has been dealt with.

non-volks centered strategies are possible for OKW, but normally just replace spamming one thing with spamming something else.
4 Jun 2015, 18:03 PM

And there is a reason I am not saying make the zook like the shrek is because the zook is perfectly fine it does what intended. The shrek not soo much viable AT the entire game. Making the zook like the shrek would be like making the katusha like the stukka again and we all know how much axis disliked that :D but the walking stuka being nerfed to katusha level is a whole other conversation.
4 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

That my friend, is entirely the point for OKW (or at least Relic has said as much). As a trade off for having less fuel income and thus much less ready access to AT options OKW gets to have it's basic infantry get shreks.

Now, the Shrek blob of today is by and far removed from the Shrek blob of our forefathers. It's accuracy has been nerfed twice, and the Veterancy on Volks that made it a nightmare to deal with once they hit Vet 5 has been dealt with.

non-volks centered strategies are possible for OKW, but normally just replace spamming one thing with spamming something else.

I dunno i'm not a big stat look up guy I read the patch notes and I know they nerfed the accuracy from long range but to me that was never the problem that needed nerfing it is the pen and the damage. Classic relic thinking. And the fact to me it does not seem to lower volks dps against infantry as the shrek does pretty good dmg to riflemen sometimes it feels like the shreks give them more dps.
4 Jun 2015, 18:10 PM

Honestly I think if you made the schreck an exact copy of the bazooka the allies would've much more problems, because the zook has a higher fire rate & accuracy and doesn't really need high pen to penetrate most of the allied armour.
4 Jun 2015, 18:14 PM

Another food for thought when a shrek gets dropped on the ground you telling me you've never had that epic battle no matter what side your on to get the shrek back or steal it. People want it like crack there is a reason for that, zook laying on the ground people just walk by it lol.
4 Jun 2015, 18:21 PM

People still whining on zooks? Anyway, PIATs are coming.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
South Africa 2
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak