Login

russian armor

Tired of getting idiots in 95% in 2v2 games.

25 May 2015, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 15:39 PMspajn
top 4500 is not mediocre, top 100 is mediocre.. are you sure you are not just as bad youself? :megusta:

Truth is harsh.
25 May 2015, 18:37 PM

This game balance is an answer of canada to the *canadian are being sorry* jokes
25 May 2015, 18:52 PM
Donator 11

Top 40.000 :lolol:
meh
25 May 2015, 19:02 PM

I think they need to go back to the Arranged Team format from Vcoh to help offset the massive skill drop in arranged games. Anyone who opposes that idea are just individuals who enjoy stomp games, or has no problem with stomp games.

However, I have news for you, stomp games are going to dwindle player base at an exponential rate.
25 May 2015, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 19:02 PMmeh
However, I have news for you, stomp games are going to dwindle player base at an exponential rate.

Youre talking to dead ears here. There is no playerbase.
25 May 2015, 22:19 PM

This game balance is an answer of canada to the *canadian are being sorry* jokes

Errr....
Is your avatar a breach of NDA?
26 May 2015, 01:42 AM

I can confirm that even if you're a high ranking player you'll still get idiot teammates who can't play the game, all the while getting matched against AT teams. Why do you think most people stack and play with skilled players from this community? Because everyone else simply can't play the game at a high skill level. It also explains how a lot of high ranking players who play strictly random(Including me) constantly get matched against AT's.

If you want to get high ranked, playing 2v2 randoms simply doesn't work anymore, not when most of your opponents will be stacking and playing in an AT. You have to stack with another high skilled player if you want to achieve a high ranking in 2v2.

You can literally only do so much before you have to surrender because your teammate has no idea of how CoH works.
26 May 2015, 04:17 AM

im just gonna say, that it IS possible to get to top 10 2v2 random in this game, IF YOU BELONG THERE. personally i spent a lot of time finding out about the mechanics of the game and just played a lot to get a good sense of which fire fights i could win. i went from being literally nobody to being ranked 1 with 3 different factions, and up to rank 7 with the 4th in 2v2 randoms.
if you dont have mastery/knowledge of the finer mechanics in coh, or if your tactical and strategic play isnt top tier, youre not gonna climb ladder. in 2v2 its actually very easy to win the majority of your games, every now and then youll get matched with someone way below your skill and go up against a pretty good AT, but even then if you tell ur ally what to do, and have a strategy, you can win.
people need to stop always blaming their teammates when you lose; you will NEVER, i repeat, NEVER get better at this game if you just always blame your teammate. there is always something you couldve done better, even at the top 10 level. recognizing your mistakes, seeing where you could be more efficient, and finding holes in your strategy are the steps to becoming a better player and carry in 2v2s.
26 May 2015, 05:12 AM

^

It can't be coincidence that one player is top 10 in 2vs2's in 3 factions and with Soviets (after losing obviously) top 50.

It's not always idiots in random 2vs2's. Sometimes it's you also.
26 May 2015, 05:28 AM

It's also interesting to note that Lemon doesn't play 2v2 randoms anymore, since he stacks and plays AT most of the time now. It WAS possible to get a high rank in 2v2 random but not anymore. if Lemon decided to play 40 games as OKW right now in 2v2 random, i'm 99% sure he would lose rank and lose his top10 place.
26 May 2015, 06:49 AM

Errr....
Is your avatar a breach of NDA?

Haha. Apparantly someones trying to get some attention in a condescending way.
26 May 2015, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 05:12 AMFlamee
^

It's not always idiots in random 2vs2's. Sometimes it's you also.

This.
When you think that your teammate sucks, he is probablythinking about the same thing too!
26 May 2015, 09:30 AM

From my experience it gets better once you get to top 100. Your teammates there will usually be serious. Every now and then you get a complete noob even if you watch the factions ratio and dont search for too long. Just quit the match and get over it :)
26 May 2015, 09:35 AM

people need to stop always blaming their teammates when you lose; you will NEVER, i repeat, NEVER get better at this game if you just always blame your teammate. there is always something you couldve done better, even at the top 10 level. recognizing your mistakes, seeing where you could be more efficient, and finding holes in your strategy are the steps to becoming a better player and carry in 2v2s.

+1000. I can only try to play my best and focus on my game. Especially in 3v3 and 4v4 I don't even understand how people find time to complain about teammates gameplay during the game. I never have that time. And 2v2 is even more stressful. I focus 100% on what I'm doing and check tacmap just to get a quick idea about the situation as a whole and look at pings of teammates. Other than that I don't really look at what fellow players do unless, for example, we are doing a co-op charge.
If we lose and my teammate(s) perform(s) badly, there is still little point in blaming and complaining about it. I would maybe give some friedly input and a slap on the back. Can't win em all.
26 May 2015, 10:38 AM

another aspect that a lot of people forget about in the mid game is bossing your teammate around. if you know your ally is a weaker player its sometimes up to you to tell him what to get, what to position where, etc. its important to have both leadership and cooperation to achieve victory against stacked odds.

also, all my ranks have decayed; my soviets the most. at peak i was rank 1 okw, usf, and ostheer, and rank 7 with soviets.

It's also interesting to note that Lemon doesn't play 2v2 randoms anymore, since he stacks and plays AT most of the time now. It WAS possible to get a high rank in 2v2 random but not anymore. if Lemon decided to play 40 games as OKW right now in 2v2 random, i'm 99% sure he would lose rank and lose his top10 place.

honestly if i didnt have better things to do i would take you up on your challenge and prove you horribly wrong.
aaa
26 May 2015, 20:41 PM

What is the better way in 1v1
1. good early-mid game with 4-5 ptrs cons + T3 or T4. With no call in units in late game.

or 2. play with no ptrs cons early (that means with disadvantage) waiting for callin tanks or ISU.
aaa
26 May 2015, 21:23 PM

another aspect that a lot of people forget about in the mid game is bossing your teammate around. if you know your ally is a weaker player its sometimes up to you to tell him what to get, what to position where, etc. its important to have both leadership and cooperation to achieve victory against stacked odds.

This is not possible in random game. Im ok to follow commands, but no way you can know that commander is not a noob.

28 May 2015, 10:14 AM

I wouldn't boss anyone around. And I won't be bossed around myself either. So, that Bossing thing doesn't seem very useful at all. If you really need to win that much, play arranged teams.
28 May 2015, 10:29 AM

If you are playing RT, you don't really have any right to complain about team mates as you are willingly choosing to play with RANDOMS.

Want good team mates? Play AT.

RT is fun/strat test mode and you shouldn't really expect being competitive there.
28 May 2015, 17:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2015, 10:29 AMKatitof
If you are playing RT, you don't really have any right to complain about team mates as you are willingly choosing to play with RANDOMS.

Want good team mates? Play AT.

RT is fun/strat test mode and you shouldn't really expect being competitive there.

+1 :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS