Login

russian armor

Tired of getting idiots in 95% in 2v2 games.

11 Jun 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 22:50 PMaaa

90% of 1v1 players are OK in every 1v1 game not just COH2. 234s players they play team modes only cuz they suck in this game.

Or because they enjoy those modes more. But that wouldn't make you sound like l33T so better disregard that knowledge.
aaa
11 Jun 2015, 15:25 PM

1. If i have friend in steam how can play with him?
2. In mid 2v2 Im having hard time clicking my units on big minimap with twice more units than normaly. So bad.
Big minimap made for 1v1 i think.
11 Jun 2015, 16:56 PM

That's why there are ranks that say some people are better at it than others obviously

In all honesty, a 4v4 rank is nothing, really nothing to brag about. Grab a team of 4 semi decent players and stomp 85% of the games because most of the 4v4 players are low skilled players.
11 Jun 2015, 17:00 PM

In all honesty, a 4v4 rank is nothing, really nothing to brag about. Grab a team of 4 semi decent players and stomp 85% of the games because most of the 4v4 players are low skilled players.

This is also true for 1v1s :snfPeter:

Once you get good 90% of the games become stomps :snfPeter:

In 4v4 99% of the games are stomps because the matchmaking doesn't work there :snfPeter:
aaa
11 Jun 2015, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 17:00 PMBurts

In 4v4 99% of the games are stomps because the matchmaking doesn't work there :snfPeter:

coh2 is the best RTS now. But matchmaking in 2v2 is ridiculous. Now i m leaving most 2v2s aftet 15 sec. of play not to waste anyone's time.
11 Jun 2015, 22:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sorry I forgot how I get a team together in 4v4 random could you explain to me perhaps?

Like or not, there are ranks in 4v4 random and some people are better at it than others.
11 Jun 2015, 23:00 PM

Even if you play with a AT mate...The polarization is real. Me and AT mate are rank ~100- 200 in 2v2. Play all factions. We either get matched vs randoms/new players ( rank 5000+ - P) OR vs other AT players mostly top 30. So either we win easily or we get stomped within 20min. No fun..

Last 50 games we had like 3 games that was good match (similar skill etc, close game) Guess ill play some more 1v1's. But seeing that if you get in top rank 1v1 you could play vs same opponents 10x in a row makes me lol aswell.
12 Jun 2015, 04:29 AM
Patrion 28

i don't usually mind getting newbies on my team as long as they able to learn.
12 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

Sorry I forgot how I get a team together in 4v4 random could you explain to me perhaps?

Like or not, there are ranks in 4v4 random and some people are better at it than others.

its just luck what kind of random team you get. a 1v1 top 10 player is better than a top 10 4v4 player guaranteed.
12 Jun 2015, 15:17 PM

If you are playing competitively then why go for randoms? I would think playing with randoms is for a fun/troll/test factor.
12 Jun 2015, 15:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

its just luck what kind of random team you get. a 1v1 top 10 player is better than a top 10 4v4 player guaranteed.

Your original quote:

You don't get a rank in 4v4 random by "grabbing a team of a 4 semi-decent players" because it's entirely random who you are with and against

How you manage that governs your skill level at random 4v4 because some people are better at it than others and over time the vagaries of the matchmaking will even out.

So anyone who wants to claim, as people in this thread have, that "4v4 is no skill mode" is full of pudding.

4v4 AT is a different kettle of fish, and a team of competent players can break the top 200 without too much problem because, especially as Axis, the balance is so much in your favour for AT v Randoms that it's mostly a matter of playing 20 or so games with the same people.

That said, it's still a case of who is better at it than others.
12 Jun 2015, 15:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If you are playing competitively then why go for randoms? I would think playing with randoms is for a fun/troll/test factor.

Actually now I play most AT for fun

I play random 4v4 to get ranked and there are a few 4v4 teams that I care about enough to care about their ranking
12 Jun 2015, 15:43 PM

Your original quote:

You don't get a rank in 4v4 random by "grabbing a team of a 4 semi-decent players" because it's entirely random who you are with and against

How you manage that governs your skill level at random 4v4 because some people are better at it than others and over time the vagaries of the matchmaking will even out.

So anyone who wants to claim, as people in this thread have, that "4v4 is no skill mode" is full of pudding.

4v4 AT is a different kettle of fish, and a team of competent players can break the top 200 without too much problem because, especially as Axis, the balance is so much in your favour for AT v Randoms that it's mostly a matter of playing 20 or so games with the same people.

That said, it's still a case of who is better at it than others.

Whats your point?

Its obvious that some players are better at 4v4 than others, random and AT. Doesnt mean 4v4 requires much skill. A 4v4 random rank depends on your luck and a high 4v4 AT rank is easily obtained.

You cant tell me that 4v4 demands near as much skill as 1v1 does. Its bullshit. Ive played all modes quite extensively in both CoH1 and CoH2 and 4v4 is a spammy scrubfest every single time. Its not fun for me, but it apparently is for some people. Fair enough. Just dont be delusive enough to believe that 4v4 takes much skill and knowledge to play successfully.
12 Jun 2015, 18:24 PM
Donator 33

If skill wasn't a big factor then the rankings would fluctuate wildly. Luck (match-making) contributes, but to be honest I admire those high-ranking (and active) Allied randoms who consistently place well despite losing 40% of their games. If that doesn't prove a skill gap I don't know what does.

But yes, I think everyone agrees that 1v1 is much more demanding in certain aspects.
13 Jun 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2015, 21:36 PMaaa
Tired of getting idiots in 95% in 2v2 games

it is because you are one of them
14 Jun 2015, 02:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Whats your point?

Its obvious that some players are better at 4v4 than others, random and AT. Doesnt mean 4v4 requires much skill. A 4v4 random rank depends on your luck and a high 4v4 AT rank is easily obtained.

You cant tell me that 4v4 demands near as much skill as 1v1 does. Its bullshit. Ive played all modes quite extensively in both CoH1 and CoH2 and 4v4 is a spammy scrubfest every single time. Its not fun for me, but it apparently is for some people. Fair enough. Just dont be delusive enough to believe that 4v4 takes much skill and knowledge to play successfully.

My point was with the OP, who I believe has been successfully reubuted, soI'm broadly in agreement with you

However, some points I still have issues with:

A 4v4 random rank depends on your luck

Not over 100+ games it doesn't

Just dont be delusive enough to believe that 4v4 takes much skill and knowledge to play successfully

I'll accept that the best players play 1v1 and that the skill ceiling of 1v1 players is higher.

I'll also accept that the skill set of 1v1 players helps them more in 4v4 than the 4v4 players skill set will help them in 1v1

I don't accept that there is any inherent reason that one is harder than the other

17 Jun 2015, 08:10 AM

17 Jun 2015, 08:16 AM

it is because you are one of them

Frankly, that might be true.
The better and higher you are, the less idiots you meet up until only every 2nd game you're paired with potato.
17 Jun 2015, 08:18 AM

I'll accept that the best players play 1v1 and that the skill ceiling of 1v1 players is higher.

I'll also accept that the skill set of 1v1 players helps them more in 4v4 than the 4v4 players skill set will help them in 1v1

I don't accept that there is any inherent reason that one is harder than the other

That's the truth obviously. And it shouldn't be conceptually difficult to understand that how hard somthing is determines the amount of skill to be successful at overcoming. The more people try to win 4v4, the harder it will be to win over those players and the more skilled you have to be to be successful.

But some will just continue to stick their heads in the sand and repeat "no skills at 4v4 and what I do is elite!"

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 17:00 PMBurts

All it would take for someone to prove that false is to go play some 4v4 games and if not every game turned out stomps you would be proven utterly wrong. And you are, of course. The other day I played a game that we won with 5 tickers left.
17 Jun 2015, 15:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's the truth obviously. And it shouldn't be conceptually difficult to understand that how hard somthing is determines the amount of skill to be successful at overcoming. The more people try to win 4v4, the harder it will be to win over those players and the more skilled you have to be to be successful.

But some will just continue to stick their heads in the sand and repeat "no skills at 4v4 and what I do is elite!"

All it would take for someone to prove that false is to go play some 4v4 games and if not every game turned out stomps you would be proven utterly wrong. And you are, of course. The other day I played a game that we won with 5 tickers left.

Didn't someone post a couple of months ago, the usual rank of teammates between an Axis and Allied random team ?

For any gamemode (and even other games) with teammates: if you are not willing to carry your team, communicate or give some kind of orders, don't expect to go too further on the ladder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★