Login

russian armor

No tech demo just poor design.

PAGES (11)down
10 May 2015, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 14:03 PMKatitof

Never used OKW booby traps or abused the fact that units hitting mines do not stop and scatter anymore, making for easy kills on mine fields, because not even the best players constantly watch where their squads go at all times, huh?

1) That thing never squadwipe
2) It costs 50 but do less damage than a 30 muni mines.
10 May 2015, 15:07 PM

A while ago someone suggested that demos should be able to be detonated only if there's an engi squad nearby, I think this would be a great solution.
10 May 2015, 15:23 PM

I've given up trying to answer your questions. You don't want to hear anything that challenges your opinion. You don't play all the armies so you can't understand what is being discussed.

Every time someone shows you're wrong, you change the subject or provoke people. You are in a restricted world where you refuse to take in new information and thus the things you know become twisted which subsequently warps your understanding.

I've never been out to get you or ruin CoH2 for you but you've always acted that way. So I'm done. You think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong. This conversation here will almost certainly change nothing BUT the reason I talk is to learn new things and challenge my ideas.

So I'll be reading and replying to players who know what they're talking about who plays all sides. Feel free to ignore me too, I have no interest in anything you say anymore.

And you're extremely keen on taking away faction options without giving anything in return.
Your sig much?

You can't take away or limit factions option without limiting something for opposing faction or giving the first faction a compensation of some form, especially if we're talking stuff that is in game for the last 2 years with no great change to its functionality, therefore apparently working as intended.

Would it be otherwise, it would already be changed, like every single thing that caused problems in the past was changed multiple times over the course of balancing process.

You are trying to make a deal here, but refuse to pay up, then act surprised that you're being rejected.
10 May 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 15:23 PMKatitof

And you're extremely keen on taking away faction options without giving anything in return.
Your sig much?

You can't take away or limit factions option without limiting something for opposing faction or giving the first faction a compensation of some form, especially if we're talking stuff that is in game for the last 2 years with no great change to its functionality, therefore apparently working as intended.

Would it be otherwise, it would already be changed, like every single thing that caused problems in the past was changed multiple times over the course of balancing process.

You are trying to make a deal here, but refuse to pay up, then act surprised that you're being rejected.

SU 76
10 May 2015, 17:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

While they are technically available right from the start, 90 munitions is not easily come by in the early game
10 May 2015, 17:49 PM

Make it a vet ability, at least you know if they are gonna spam it or not, so you can counter it properly, instead of guessing and trying to predict your opponent.
10 May 2015, 18:03 PM

PROTIP : You can now shoot the democharges and destroy them that way.
10 May 2015, 18:33 PM

SU 76

Apparently SU-76 was greatly overpowered as it got at least 5 nerfs and a single buff over that 2 years.
10 May 2015, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Booby traps: you can put a squad inside the cap zone when an enemy enters. Once you leave, the booby trap explodes maximizing the damage.

Still won't wipe a full health squad.

10 May 2015, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Booby traps: you can put a squad inside the cap zone when an enemy enters. Once you leave, the booby trap explodes maximizing the damage.

Still won't wipe a full health squad.

Heh, that's a cool tip. Maybe Jaegers can clean up on the survivor with that then?
10 May 2015, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 15:23 PMKatitof

Your sig much?

The last thing I can say to you which will again prove you wrong is this:

When OKW trucks had heavy crush by design and more armour - people called for it to be removed (rightly so) did you think something should have been given to OKW? I saw no thread where you were saying "If we take away heavy crush we should give OKW something too!" Because you didn't. It's wrong. There is no law or reason to say that if something is taken away then by default something else should be given.

Thus "you have to give soviets something in return if you take demo" is also wrong.

Heavy crush on OKW trucks was a bad design decision. It had to be removed and there was no need to give OKW anything in return.

Demo charges with manual explosion are a bad design decision. They simply need to be removed. The fact that the soviet faction ALREADY needs some other improvements is true (I say this all the time but you don't pay attention) but irrelevant. Demo kills gameplay, demo has to go. There are a large number of players who are lightyears ahead of your understanding of this game, they say the same thing. Demo has to go. You should listen to them but your hubris is remarkable, you think you are right despite all the experts saying otherwise.

You are heavily biased and one of the biggest contributors to threads becoming unpleasant. Enjoy playing your one faction and listening only to yourself.
10 May 2015, 19:54 PM

Demos got buffed when they introduced the new Cover AI where your squad will clump in cover and make it 90% easier to kill Kappa
10 May 2015, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Nah, just make it so engineers need to have minesweepers to lay them, just like how you need sweepers to cut wire. And perhaps put in like a 3 second timer to make them need more skill to use.
10 May 2015, 20:55 PM

Nah, just make it so engineers need to have minesweepers to lay them, just like how you need sweepers to cut wire. And perhaps out in like a 3 second timer to make them need more skill to use.

Sounds like a great idea.
10 May 2015, 20:58 PM

The last thing I can say to you which will again prove you wrong is this:

When OKW trucks had heavy crush by design and more armour - people called for it to be removed (rightly so) did you think something should have been given to OKW?

You'd been in WFA alpha, you'd knew truck crush was a bug that was supposed to be fixed. It wasn't, because Relic.

I saw no thread where you were saying "If we take away heavy crush we should give OKW something too!" Because you didn't. It's wrong. There is no law or reason to say that if something is taken away then by default something else should be given.

Thus "you have to give soviets something in return if you take demo" is also wrong.

And I saw no demo on wheels, rolling in for free after 30 secs and every 3 minutes after the previous one sets off.

Heavy crush on OKW trucks was a bad design decision. It had to be removed and there was no need to give OKW anything in return.

Because it was something that was never intended to be on live in the first place.
Sloppy relic fixing derp.

Demo charges with manual explosion are a bad design decision. They simply need to be removed. The fact that the soviet faction ALREADY needs some other improvements is true (I say this all the time but you don't pay attention) but irrelevant. Demo kills gameplay, demo has to go. There are a large number of players who are lightyears ahead of your understanding of this game, they say the same thing. Demo has to go. You should listen to them but your hubris is remarkable, you think you are right despite all the experts saying otherwise.

And pin point accurate rocket arty is a good design?
Unit erasing everything lighter then KV-1 in 1 hit is a good design?
Using 60 muni to pin whole screen of infantry is a good design?

The list of things perceived as "bad design" is quite long and doesn't end on soviets.

And since you and my point are on 2 separate ends of the spectrum, let me be as direct as it gets:

Soviets are designed from the very core to rely on gimmicks. Stock units are weak, do not scale and are outlcassed by every axis counterpart, however cost difference is same or low enough to ensure numerical advantage does not make up for it.

You want to take away another gimmick? I'm not against it at all. Just allow the core army to fight without reliance on that gimmick.

You are heavily biased and one of the biggest contributors to threads becoming unpleasant. Enjoy playing your one faction and listening only to yourself.

Pot, meet the kettle then?

@daspoulos
that actually sounds like an idea.
10 May 2015, 21:03 PM
Donator 22

Demo's are fine.

/thread
10 May 2015, 21:31 PM

Demos got buffed when they introduced the new Cover AI where your squad will clump in cover and make it 90% easier to kill Kappa

this continues to be in my mind the game's biggest issue at this time, and only exacerbates smaller issues and rng stuff.
10 May 2015, 22:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

this continues to be in my mind the game's biggest issue at this time, and only exacerbates smaller issues and rng stuff.

Plenty of exploding things were fine, and now, they definitely aren't. :(
10 May 2015, 23:12 PM

The idea for every nerf or removal there needs to be a buff is insane and stupid and has no bearing on Relic's history at all. We have seen a constant nerf to OKW's early game since WFA release and see no buffs or changes at all to help it.

The issue with Demo Charges is that they punish smart players AND stupid players. 1 demo to instant gib a single squad with Vet and an upgrade is excellent. 1 dead Vet 2-3 gren with a LMG42 is an excellent trade for 90 munitions.

So yes, it does punish blobbers, but it also punishes people who makes use of spreading out squads around to map to cap and cut off people because 1. You can't spam Sturms OR Pio's, and 2. You can't spam the upgrade either.

Mine detection for Axis is neither cheap nor plentiful, making demo charges a very large issue even in higher skill modes.
10 May 2015, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 20:58 PMKatitof

Soviets are designed from the very core to rely on gimmicks. Stock units are weak, do not scale and are outlcassed by every axis counterpart, however cost difference is same or low enough to ensure numerical advantage does not make up for it.

You don't understand this game. Cons are not supposed to go head to head with Grens, the reason for this is that they are a T0 unit that requires absolutely no tech investment what-so-ever, so they are able to be spammed. Which completely negates your straw man argument that "cost difference is same or low enough to esnure numerical advantage does not make up for it."

If you know how to play this game, it's actually a viable strategy to spam 5-6 Cons and overwhelm Ostheer early with Molotovs, capping and flanking. Then before your opponent can think how to counter the cons spam, Shock Troops show up (non-stock unit) and they press the advantage you have gained early on by superior numbers. So, by saying that stock units are outclassed and do not scale shows me that you have absolutely no idea about this game or how to play it.

Penals are weak? You don't know how to use them then. Penals with flamers and Vet are more then a match for LMG Grens at any stage of the game. Even stock Penals vs Stock Grens Penals will win, if you know how to use them.

Clown Car and Flamer is weak? You don't know how to use them then.

Soviet Sniper is weak. It has two men and can easily counter snipe German sniper. You have to be a garbage player not to know this.

What about the T-70? It's a T3 Infantry and light vehicle counter that scales superbly with Vet. If you keep one of these alive it does a job on any lone Axis units trying to ninja cap. It's a very valuable unit.

What about Katyusha? It's weak and outclassed compared to Panzerwerfer?

As said before, your totally obvious blatant Soviet fanboy behaviour is obvious to everyone on these forums. Whenever anyone mentions anything about your beloved Soviets you jump to their defence with straw man arguments and when they get shot down, you resort to belittling and name calling like a two year old. Grow up.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS