Login

russian armor

Why isnt Lend Lease meta?

9 May 2015, 19:27 PM

I have always like this commander. And i came back to it just recently.

And its amazing.

So im wondering why this commander isnt part of the popular meta.

The Dshka MG is like a straight upgrade to the maxim : it suppresses very quickly and does reasonable damage. AP rounds need a buff tho.

The fuel drop is the best thing about this doctrine. I can go T3 and T4 with Shermans when using this ability extensively, 100mun for 30fuel can speed things up significantly, a T70 rush gets done quicker. Its a risk against OKW though, as their base defenses have a little chance to shoot the slow plane down.

M5 HT with Shock Guards is hard to come by at a mp price of 540 but you get a decent HT for it that can serve as a AA and reinforcement platform. The Shock Guards are slightly weaker than Shocks and not as durable and they lack the smoke grenade. Their only advantage is their reinforcement cost (27mp) making them cheaper to maintain in the long run. Theyre more of a luxury if you float mp but its nice to have them. Theyre the elite dudes. Just make sure to not lose them.

Conscript repair is conscript repair, takes longer, but conscripts can do it, i advise repairing a vehicle with atleast 2 scripts.

And the Sherman your late game main battle tank at 9CP. Its similar to the T34/85. I believe its better against infantry with its gun and mg upgrade and slightly weaker vs vehicle with its pen. It doesnt really matter most of the time. I prefer this tank over the 85.

This is actually an amazing doctrine that makes T3 + T4 possible. I really dont understand why this one doesnt get used very often. Your thoughts?
9 May 2015, 19:36 PM

because guards/shocks are stronger and more versatile than dshkas.
9 May 2015, 19:47 PM
Patrion 39

Don't forget that those fuel planes fly over your opponents base before they get to you, which means that a smart OKW will put their T4 building on that flight path and then the entire doctrine is kinda useless.

The Sherman has a stupid rate of fire but it's not as durable as an IS-2 or ISU-152, which you often need to deal with hard hitting Axis AT. And, of course, shocks/guards better for Sov than DSHK.

I still think it can be really deadly if played properly though. Just kind of unforgiving.
9 May 2015, 19:57 PM

Lack of mandatory elite infantry.
Shremans are good, but expensive and do not stand up to heavies with support.
Fuel drops are not reliable and pretty useless against OKW.
DSHK is overpriced, slow and in general, underpowered thanks to constant need of relocation and lack of mobility to provide it.

And don't even get me started on the joke which assault guards are.

The sherman is the only thing good in the doctrine and that isn't enough to justify it being used often.
9 May 2015, 20:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Lacks late game punch or late game off maps + fuel drops vulnerable = doesn't scale too well in team games
9 May 2015, 20:46 PM

Why would I choose a decent medium tank over the overpowered combination of two medium tanks and mark vehicle, or a vehicle arguably more survivable than a King Tiger, yet much more affordable?
9 May 2015, 21:59 PM

Well in theory the M4Cs have the highest DPS of any soviet tank but they lack penetration and I find them so hard to keep alive. But if massed the top gunners mow infantry crazy fast.
9 May 2015, 22:15 PM

3 out of 5 abilities are good

- Dshka is best MG in game, deals a lot of damage and suppresses infantry mmuch faster than maxim or MG, Op rounds are rarelly used but it's good to have them

- cons rep kits, doesnt nned to say a word, replaces engies

-sherman, with MG upgrade it's one of best tanks that soviets can have vs infantry, it kinda sucks vs heavier stuff

why others are lame?

- fuel drops costs 100 muni and gives 30 fuel, plane can be shot down, ostheer luft support have 50 fuel drops for 200 MP (altho you must have fuel sector but still its much cheaper and safe)

- M5 guards is really weak, 5 man squad with PPsh is like simplier shock squad without smoke nade, only good thing is M5 in which you can put 2 flamers and deal with nearly every inf
nee
9 May 2015, 23:11 PM

Lend LEase is nice, but most of its call-ins replace your core units and because of that don't really fill gaps in the core roster.
The commander itself is really good, but ultimately people need heavy tanks like ISU-152 and IS-2, not a better 76mm.
10 May 2015, 03:59 AM

Lack of mandatory elite infantry.
Shremans are good, but expensive and do not stand up to heavies with support.
Fuel drops are not reliable and pretty useless against OKW.
DSHK is overpriced, slow and in general, underpowered thanks to constant need of relocation and lack of mobility to provide it.

And don't even get me started on the joke which assault guards are.

The sherman is the only thing good in the doctrine and that isn't enough to justify it being used often.

Dushka's are top notch Elite inf. What are you on about?

Fuel drops are fine, you just need to learn how to use them properly. They are excellent vs OKW because they allow you to spam Shermans.

Assault Guards are AWESOME. Put them in an M3 and it's GG.
10 May 2015, 06:39 AM
Patrion 14

like this doc a lot. the m4c is the perfect flanking tank that i always want.
10 May 2015, 08:40 AM

No good call in arty
No Marks target
Fuel plane might be shoot down
No Guards
No Shocks
No 120s

10 May 2015, 08:59 AM

Permanently Banned
dshka sucks
10 May 2015, 09:10 AM

Fuel drops are fine, you just need to learn how to use them properly. They are excellent vs OKW because they allow you to spam Shermans.

Explain.
10 May 2015, 09:14 AM

I got to rank 50 in Soviets 1v1 shortly after this doctrine came out by spamming conscripts into Shermans :D Eventually people worked out how to counter it though. I think the CP requirement for the Shermans was also bumped up.
10 May 2015, 09:41 AM

Assault Guards are AWESOME. Put them in an M3 and it's GG.

Now that is some quality trolling here, because I refuse to acknowledge someone would be that stupid to say that without trolling hard core.
10 May 2015, 10:22 AM

I quite like the doctrine really, I tend to use it in 2v2/1v1 when I already have a slight advantage (says something about its effectiveness though). If I am behind out pops Guard Motor to save the day, but the Halftrack Guard group is not as bad as people make out, it's just not a direct combat unit. Expensive, but when deployed on a flank you can cap and deter cappers and mgs in buildings very quickly.

Sherman is nice, getting a few of these out is great with tier IV.

The fuel drop is slightly better since OKW base turrets don't deal anti air anymore, but by the time the opponent has the tier IV SPHQ built this becoems nullified unless you play larger game modes.

Conscript repair is Conscript repair, it's ok if your engineers are off demoing or dead, but ultimately you need at least one squad of engineers to speed these repairs up.

DSHK isn't bad, but it sort of feels a bit wasteful in this doctrine, since I can see problems arising with it paralleling the Maxim if you build tier 2. I often build both tier one and two because I'm clinically insane, but I think this doctrine really needs tier two for the field gun, and the DSHK just doesn't fit a real niche.
10 May 2015, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 09:41 AMKatitof

Now that is some quality trolling here, because I refuse to acknowledge someone would be that stupid to say that without trolling hard core.

You accepted the idea that dshka is a top notch Elite inf? :snfPeter:
10 May 2015, 11:21 AM

The Dshka is just a better maxim. There is nothing wrong with that. I would always take the Dshka if i had a doctrine picked with it.

Honestly, this doctrine is really really good, but some people are apparently too narrow minded to even slightly deviate from the same boring meta we had for a year. The fact that i can spend munitions to boost my tech and actually make T3 + T4 possible while having a late game call in if needed alone makes this doctrine amazing. Best used against Ost.
10 May 2015, 12:09 PM

I love this commander. I use it all the time with success. It's also very surprising for the opponent, they don't expect him because it's not one of the meta commanders. The Sherman is imo the best medium tank, it shreds infantry and with two (better three) of them you can take out a panther!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS