Login

russian armor

Why isnt Lend Lease meta?

10 May 2015, 16:42 PM
Patrion 27

I think the Dshk armor-piercing rounds should be on par with the Axis incendiary rounds. That alone would make it much more desirable. I would also like to see it moved to 1 cp like the MG34 so you can actually make a build order with them. Their timing is not so not.

Fuel drop is a potent ability especially since OKW base defenses aren't a guaranteed counter anymore.

Assault Guards have weak veterancy and feel like not much more than a drain on my manpower. I think they should be able to throw AT nades or have some sort of munitions based upgrade.

being able to call in an M5 is the main reason I like this commander. I go tier 2 and tier 4 in a lot of 2v2 and getting a quad mount that can reinforce is the tits.

M4C Shermans are good. The combination of their top-mounted MG and the M5 quad-mount has me picking this commander against overflights on occasions.

Lend-Lease is part of the later generation of commanders like Counterattack, Advanced Warfare, Close-Air Support and Mobile Defense; commanders with good and interesting abilities and call-ins that are overshadowed by the Ferdinand in the room (shoot me): Heavy call-in meta

My solution? Tie call-ins to tech already!
10 May 2015, 17:14 PM

I think the Dshk armor-piercing rounds should be on par with the Axis incendiary rounds. That alone would make it much more desirable. I would also like to see it moved to 1 cp like the MG34 so you can actually make a build order with them. Their timing is not so not.

Fuel drop is a potent ability especially since OKW base defenses aren't a guaranteed counter anymore.

Assault Guards have weak veterancy and feel like not much more than a drain on my manpower. I think they should be able to throw AT nades or have some sort of munitions based upgrade.

being able to call in an M5 is the main reason I like this commander. I go tier 2 and tier 4 in a lot of 2v2 and getting a quad mount that can reinforce is the tits.

M4C Shermans are good. The combination of their top-mounted MG and the M5 quad-mount has me picking this commander against overflights on occasions.

Lend-Lease is part of the later generation of commanders like Counterattack, Advanced Warfare, Close-Air Support and Mobile Defense; commanders with good and interesting abilities and call-ins that are overshadowed by the Ferdinand in the room (shoot me): Heavy call-in meta

+37
10 May 2015, 17:16 PM

I haven't played with LL in a year but the OKW doesn't auto-counter the air-drop anymore? why?
10 May 2015, 17:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It never "auto-countered" it, but in the last patch OKW flak defences were nerfed

Flak Base Defenses

Another common concern we’ve seen is that OKW’s default AA is unfairly advantageous when compared to all other factions that are required to spend resources to build AA.
OKW base Flak Gun chance to shoot down aircraft has been reduced to 0.5%
10 May 2015, 20:47 PM
Patrion 14

great post. i also feel that dhsk has enough aoe suppression to be felt in game and is useful as hell.
10 May 2015, 21:21 PM

what tiers would the M5 and M4c be tied to?
10 May 2015, 21:31 PM
Patrion 28

what tiers would the M5 and M4c be tied to?

T3/4 (literally tier three fourths. yes, i'm kidding.)
10 May 2015, 23:07 PM

The M4C is bar none the best Sherman in the game, the DPS it's capable of putting out is incredibly good. 1 on 1 it will beat a PIV while only costing slightly more and a swarm of M4C's can wreck anything in the game.

The speed + ROF allows it to do a lot of damage before having to retreat because you can count on being able to get away fast.
10 May 2015, 23:58 PM

So I tried this commander again in a 2v2 random and used all of his abilities.
Watch if you want and draw your conclusions. For sure it was a damn close game, 12VPs I think!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g8g3ey

11 May 2015, 00:13 AM

Also Assault Guards have better veterancy bonus's than regular guards and have 51 close range DPS so I don't know wtf the people who are saying they are terrible are on about.
11 May 2015, 00:19 AM

I think they are rather useless, I just like to pick equipment up with them for nasty surprises when it gets flanked by weak inf.
11 May 2015, 00:40 AM

I think they are rather useless, I just like to pick equipment up with them for nasty surprises when it gets flanked by weak inf.

They are a close range unit that actually somewhat scales out to medium range, they are the opposite of guards which are a long range unit that scales somewhat to medium range.

Really for how much your paying for your getting a good deal, especially with how good merge squad is when you have a HT near by, or just reinforcing out in the field.
11 May 2015, 01:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also Assault Guards have better veterancy bonus's than regular guards and have 51 close range DPS so I don't know wtf the people who are saying they are terrible are on about.

Something tells me you are again spreading false information.

Part1:
http://www.coh2-stats.com/squads/guards_troops_assault_mp: that says it's 32.3 till 6 range.

Although, i think the site accounts as 6 SVT squad.

3 SVT + 3 PPSH: 39.717/8.052/2.325
Note: they don't use Shock profile, so they only do damage at sword range (6).

You want to compare it to another unit?
Assault Grens: 42.45/14.79/1.36

You know how most people say that Assault Grens are lackluster and don't scale to late game. Well, Ass Grens are a 0 CP unit, imagine them arriving at 5 CP.
Conscripts PPSH is not meta > Assault Guards won't never be meta.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Part2: Assault Guards having better veterancy than PTRS Guards.

Assault Guards: -29% RA, +40% Acc, -25% Cooldown, +25% Nade range
Guards: +10% Pen, +30% Acc, -20% Cooldown, -17%/-29% RA, +30% Button

Defensive vs Offensive edges. Not neccesarily better.

TL;DR: they don't have awesome close range DPS. Vanilla Paratroopers laugh at them at ALL distances for example. They have worst midrange damage than Assault Grenadiers, and they don't have means to get into close range in comparison to assaulting units (sprint, hoorah, smoke or armor).
11 May 2015, 01:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Commander:

-Dhska is kinda lackluster for it's 300mp cost. AP rounds sucks since the change of profile and even at that time the time it took for them to reload kinda makes them unuseful.
Arrives too late to make any impact. 0CP was a bit insane, but at 1CP it would arrive at the same time as a maxim.

-Allied supply drop gets countered after the Schwerer HQ is deployed and it's not as cost effective. I haven't use it in a while, but isn't it RNG the amount of fuel you get?

-M5: nice having a halftrack without the need of teching. Assault Guards are just Assault Grens at 5CP.

-Con repair kit: since you don't have any Elite infantry, you'll be having plenty of them.

-M4C: really nice medium tank. Sucks againts anything heavier (which means practically everything you'll face).

Overall: it's not a bad commander, but not top tier at all. Something you use when you want to try something different but you still are trying to win.
11 May 2015, 02:11 AM
Patrion 14

-Allied supply drop gets countered after the Schwerer HQ is deployed and it's not as cost effective. I haven't use it in a while, but isn't it RNG the amount of fuel you get?

no random now from my three dozen games using that comm. 30 fu always.
11 May 2015, 02:33 AM

Something tells me you are again spreading false information.

Part1:
http://www.coh2-stats.com/squads/guards_troops_assault_mp: that says it's 32.3 till 6 range.

Although, i think the site accounts as 6 SVT squad.

3 SVT + 3 PPSH: 39.717/8.052/2.325
Note: they don't use Shock profile, so they only do damage at sword range (6).

You want to compare it to another unit?
Assault Grens: 42.45/14.79/1.36

You know how most people say that Assault Grens are lackluster and don't scale to late game. Well, Ass Grens are a 0 CP unit, imagine them arriving at 5 CP.
Conscripts PPSH is not meta > Assault Guards won't never be meta.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Part2: Assault Guards having better veterancy than PTRS Guards.

Assault Guards: -29% RA, +40% Acc, -25% Cooldown, +25% Nade range
Guards: +10% Pen, +30% Acc, -20% Cooldown, -17%/-29% RA, +30% Button

Defensive vs Offensive edges. Not neccesarily better.

TL;DR: they don't have awesome close range DPS. Vanilla Paratroopers laugh at them at ALL distances for example. They have worst midrange damage than Assault Grenadiers, and they don't have means to get into close range in comparison to assaulting units (sprint, hoorah, smoke or armor).

Assault Guards use the 3 of the Shock Troop PPsHs, and 3 of the Penal SvT's. The only unique PPsH's in the game are the Conscript one and the Partisan one.

Were are you getting their info that they use the conscript/not shock PPsH? Not to mention the fact that the earlier received accuracy you get sooner allows you to keep them around longer meaning a higher chance of getting somewhere veterancy wise.

Again this is working around the point of the fact that they are A. cheaper than Guards, B. Come with a reinforcement field HT that you can also use to cart them around doing close range DPS to things or throw a flame engineer (or penal) or two in.

The Dshk allows you get suppression with out t2, the Guards + HT lets you get a HT without T3, and the M4C is arguably one of the best mediums in the game with it's insanely good DPS. The reason this commander is seen as lackluster is because of the power of Guards Motor and Shock Rifle comparatively, but Iv seen many very good players use this to kick ass.
11 May 2015, 04:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Assault Guards use the 3 of the Shock Troop PPsHs, and 3 of the Penal SvT's. The only unique PPsH's in the game are the Conscript one and the Partisan one.

Were are you getting their info that they use the conscript/not shock PPsH? Not to mention the fact that the earlier received accuracy you get sooner allows you to keep them around longer meaning a higher chance of getting somewhere veterancy wise.

Again this is working around the point of the fact that they are A. cheaper than Guards, B. Come with a reinforcement field HT that you can also use to cart them around doing close range DPS to things or throw a flame engineer (or penal) or two in.

The Dshk allows you get suppression with out t2, the Guards + HT lets you get a HT without T3, and the M4C is arguably one of the best mediums in the game with it's insanely good DPS. The reason this commander is seen as lackluster is because of the power of Guards Motor and Shock Rifle comparatively, but Iv seen many very good players use this to kick ass.

Memory might trick me, but i think i've dig in the files. Have to look again.

If that is right:
51.738/8.412/2.325

SVT damage starts to drop at 6, you have the PPSH damage till 10. From 15 onwards you have no damage. Still the same problems as before: arrives too late and doesn't have the tools to get close.
You'll be fighting infantry at vet2/3 with LMGs or other DPS weapons, with vet0 "Assault Grens".

Anyway, as i said before, it's not a bad commander, it's just that there are other commanders which perform better.
If some of the abilities had a lower CP cost, it would be a bit better.
Example:
-Dhska at 1 CP (you get MG34 at 1CP so...)
-M5 with Guards at 4CP (USF gets a Halftrack at 3CP) (AAHT and Flak HT arrives earlier, you can't really complain about M5 beeing OP)
11 May 2015, 04:49 AM

Memory might trick me, but i think i've dig in the files. Have to look again.

If that is right:
51.738/8.412/2.325

SVT damage starts to drop at 6, you have the PPSH damage till 10. From 15 onwards you have no damage. Still the same problems as before: arrives too late and doesn't have the tools to get close.
You'll be fighting infantry at vet2/3 with LMGs or other DPS weapons, with vet0 "Assault Grens".

Anyway, as i said before, it's not a bad commander, it's just that there are other commanders which perform better.
If some of the abilities had a lower CP cost, it would be a bit better.
Example:
-Dhska at 1 CP (you get MG34 at 1CP so...)
-M5 with Guards at 4CP (USF gets a Halftrack at 3CP) (AAHT and Flak HT arrives earlier, you can't really complain about M5 beeing OP)

They are meant to be an exact copy of Assault Grens from what I can tell, exact same veterancy bonus's and similar MP cost. The trick is the fact you have something to move them around in allowing you to do your DPS without much trouble.

The 6th man helps a lot, the issue with Assgrens is their fragility and getting them into that sweet spot were they can actually get shit done. If you have never tried it (not that it's THAT good), swap your HT Pgrens for some Assgrens, it's fairly good versus USF and for chasing retreating squads.

11 May 2015, 05:32 AM
Donator 11

Oh come on man, how long is your nose now?
11 May 2015, 05:54 AM

Oh come on man, how long is your nose now?

Have you ever even used Assault Guards? Again; they aren't bloody shock troops but they do well for what your paying for.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★