Login

russian armor

Which is the best scroll method in game?

4 May 2015, 22:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Well yes, except for middlemouse scroll that is. I NEVER use it although I know about it and it seems resonable.

I didn't even know about it :foreveralone:
4 May 2015, 23:16 PM

Arrow keys because they are independent of cursee movement.

Of course, then hotkeys are difficult to use...
5 May 2015, 01:07 AM

Assign middle mouse to a thumb button. Your digits will thank you.

Can you actually do that in-game, or do you need some sort of external editor? Because that's a great idea, so long as it isn't a Windows setting.
5 May 2015, 01:49 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

@kamk @Ful4n0 @Schewi @assbag

Yes, you can use with AutoHotkey WASD keys as arrow and when Shift key or another key is holding down you can use WASD keys as their default state.

You can use this script to do that :
Code

#NoEnv
SendMode Input

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2
{
w::up
s::down
a::left
d::right

<+w::w
<+s::s
<+a::a
<+d::d

capslock::suspend
}

In the script, "<" means Right and "+" means Shift key so together "<+" means Right Shift key.
I don't recommend to use Alt key because alt + mouse movement is an hotkey to rotate and tilt camera.

I use the CoH 2 gridkey + AutoHotkey (WASD as arrow, Right Shit + WASD as WASD and 12345 as F1F2F3F4F5) + Mouse hotkey (tactical map, retreat, reinforce, attack to move and reverse drive)
5 May 2015, 01:59 AM

Hotkeys for units and abilities for one hand, edge scroll+ minimap for viewing.
5 May 2015, 04:22 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2015, 01:07 AMKothre

Can you actually do that in-game, or do you need some sort of external editor? Because that's a great idea, so long as it isn't a Windows setting.

Look for drivers for your mouse online. They will usually give you some sort of software to easily customize your mouse keys. I have a Razer Naga and I love it.
5 May 2015, 04:52 AM

@kamk @Ful4n0 @Schewi @assbag

Yes, you can use with AutoHotkey WASD keys as arrow and when Shift key or another key is holding down you can use WASD keys as their default state.

You can use this script to do that :
Code

#NoEnv
SendMode Input

{
w::up
s::down
a::left
d::right

<+w::w
<+s::s
<+a::a
<+d::d

capslock::suspend
}

In the script, "<" means Right and "+" means Shift key so together "<+" means Right Shift key.
I don't recommend to use Alt key because alt + mouse movement is an hotkey to rotate and tilt camera.

I use the CoH 2 gridkey + AutoHotkey (WASD as arrow, Right Shit + WASD as WASD and 12345 as F1F2F3F4F5) + Mouse hotkey (tactical map, retreat, reinforce, attack to move and reverse drive)

On the other hand, some people have reported that some anticheat picks up AHK as a cheat engine and will permanantly ban you. It's put me off trying it.
5 May 2015, 10:46 AM
Donator 11

I use Camera Rotation on WASD...

Relic give us the option like in Dota to edit our own hotkeys... I mean retreat on t and camera rotation on the arrow keys is just ridiculous.
Every game should have the option to allow the user some key modification. So the usage of AHK seems legit imo.

my AHK code:
Code
#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes
w::Up ; Camera
a::Left ;
s::Down ;
d::Right ;
q::u ; revert drive
e::t ; retreat
c::a ; attack move
f::Numpad0 ; tactical map
F9:: Suspend ; suspend script ON/OFF
return

On the other hand, some people have reported that some anticheat picks up AHK as a cheat engine and will permanantly ban you. It's put me off trying it.

If you use it for some key rebinds it should be no problem. Of course you can use this program to excute long strings of mouse commands which might become problematic.
5 May 2015, 11:16 AM

just switching from arrow keys to grid keys + minimap allowed me the control i needed to crack the top 1K's.

i'm left handed so before having NUM-0 and the ->'s was pretty easy. moving my hand to T to retreat was like muscle memory, now i basically shoved my keyboard off my desk, planted my hand on wasd, and i'm trying to use grid keys, Ctrl groups for key things like support teams and vehicles, and i really gotta rebind the tacmap to left-ctrl or shift or something. it's really handy for capping orders and seeing units.
5 May 2015, 12:55 PM

If you use it for some key rebinds it should be no problem. Of course you can use this program to excute long strings of mouse commands which might become problematic.

It never was. I do it since coh1 days. an autohotkey script itself is not problematic and nobody will get banned for such things.
5 May 2015, 13:57 PM
Donator 11

If you have a mouse with high enough DPI you need nothing more than edge scrolling and mini/tactical map. The DPI is just high enough to have the mouse everywhere on the screen without any latency.
11 May 2015, 06:13 AM
Patrion 27

just switching from arrow keys to grid keys + minimap allowed me the control i needed to crack the top 1K's.

i'm left handed so before having NUM-0 and the ->'s was pretty easy. moving my hand to T to retreat was like muscle memory, now i basically shoved my keyboard off my desk, planted my hand on wasd, and i'm trying to use grid keys, Ctrl groups for key things like support teams and vehicles, and i really gotta rebind the tacmap to left-ctrl or shift or something. it's really handy for capping orders and seeing units.

My fellow left-hander! If you have autohotkey, here is a set-up I have put together since using my right hand on WASD forces my thumb into an extremely unergonomic position to hit shift and ctrl. With this set up it's easy to reach right shift and ctrl and keep your hand open.

Only one issue... with R set to + when you hit it infantry responds "retreating!" but doesn't. I have reported this bug to no avail. W can also be iffy for stop. I have both of these keys bound to thumb buttons on my mouse as well to compensate.

Cheers

------------------------------------

Insert::4
Home::5
PgUp::6
Delete::1
End::2
PgDn::3

*get rid of the * and the space between : and S or : and D. they make :S and :D on coh2.org

Numpad7::Q
Numpad8::W
Numpad9::E
NumpadAdd::R
Numpad4::A
*Numpad5:: S
*Numpad6:: D
NumpadDot::F
Numpad1::Z
Numpad2::X
Numpad3::C
NumpadEnter::V

NumLock::F1
NumpadDiv::F2
NumpadMult::F3
NumpadSub::F4

*RAlt & W:: Send {Backspace}
*AppsKey:: Send {9}
Numpad0::F

Left:: Send {Numpad0}
Down::Tab
Right::F5
Up::Alt
11 May 2015, 19:49 PM

My fellow left-hander! If you have autohotkey, here is a set-up I have put together since using my right hand on WASD forces my thumb into an extremely unergonomic position to hit shift and ctrl. With this set up it's easy to reach right shift and ctrl and keep your hand open.

Only one issue... with R set to + when you hit it infantry responds "retreating!" but doesn't. I have reported this bug to no avail. W can also be iffy for stop. I have both of these keys bound to thumb buttons on my mouse as well to compensate.

Cheers

------------------------------------

Insert::4
Home::5
PgUp::6
Delete::1
End::2
PgDn::3

*get rid of the * and the space between : and S or : and D. they make :S and :D on coh2.org

Numpad7::Q
Numpad8::W
Numpad9::E
NumpadAdd::R
Numpad4::A
*Numpad5:: S
*Numpad6:: D
NumpadDot::F
Numpad1::Z
Numpad2::X
Numpad3::C
NumpadEnter::V