Login

russian armor

Which is the best scroll method in game?

What scrolling method do you think is best?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
27%
42%
Total votes: 73
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 May 2015, 07:36 AM

I want to know what scrolling method you use in game and what you think is best?

4 May 2015, 07:40 AM

I mostly use edge scroll and arrow keys which is not the best at all but the way I'm used to.
4 May 2015, 08:02 AM
Patrion 28

middle mouse because it's fast
4 May 2015, 08:03 AM

minimap + edge scroll
4 May 2015, 08:06 AM

I set my arrow key to wasd. It really speeds up my ability to give commands. Unfortunately it also means i cant type anything to other players.
4 May 2015, 10:38 AM

tactical map + arrow keys
4 May 2015, 10:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

minimap+hotkeys_ double click on the unit top right.
Then when I have to scroll I use the middle mouse scroll button. easiest to access
4 May 2015, 11:12 AM

arrows and tactical map, like Jesulin
4 May 2015, 11:14 AM

Minimap + Tac + Edge scroll.

Tacmap for exact position. Minimap for general position. Edge for places next door.
4 May 2015, 11:52 AM

arrows and tactical map, like Jesulin

+1, a very high percentage of the good players use this

even though they probably use WASD instead of arrow keys
4 May 2015, 11:59 AM

In my cases the best way is none of them (I´m using autohotkeys so I´ve mapped arrow keys with "asdw" keys.

I set my arrow key to wasd. It really speeds up my ability to give commands. Unfortunately it also means i cant type anything to other players.

I suffered this issue too, until I´ve set in my autohotkey script a key to turn-off/turn-on my script, so when I need to send a message, I press that key, then my script stop working, then I write & send the message, then I hit again that key so my script start working again....

I´m not at home now, if other mates don´t put here their script with this function, before I arrive home this evening, I´ll post it here mine, just in case it helps you.

4 May 2015, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 11:59 AMFul4n0
In my cases the best way is none of them (I´m using autohotkeys so I´ve mapped arrow keys with "asdw" keys.

I suffered this issue too, until I´ve set in my autohotkey script a key to turn-off/turn-on my script, so when I need to send a message, I press that key, then my script stop working, then I write & send the message, then I hit again that key so my script start working again....

I´m not at home now, if other mates don´t put here their script with this function, before I arrive home this evening, I´ll post it here mine, just in case it helps you.

Thanks that would really help.
4 May 2015, 12:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 11:59 AMFul4n0
In my cases the best way is none of them (I´m using autohotkeys so I´ve mapped arrow keys with "asdw" keys.....

How do you solve the hotkey issue? (especially with grid keys)
4 May 2015, 12:33 PM

Edge scroll, click on minimap, hotkeys to units.
4 May 2015, 12:41 PM

I use tacmap + edgescroll. I would like to use tacmap + middlemousescroll, but its damn hard to rearrange as I am not used to it.

But the best method to scroll I think is to use hotkeys (like Siberian) as the tacmap is a bit crowded.
4 May 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 12:29 PMkamk

How do you solve the hotkey issue? (especially with grid keys)

sorry Kamk, I don´t know about that hotkey issue....I´m not sure even if I have set "in game" to gridkeys or classsical layout (I think game offers two differents keys layout, grid key and other "classical" or something like this).

anyway, when I started using autohotkeys, I got some help from COH2.org, this is the thread:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/26059/we-need-custom-hotkey/page/1#post_id237149

and, this is how looks like my script:

Code

;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language: English
; Platform: Win9x/NT
; Author: A.N.Other <myemail@nowhere.com>
;
; Script Function:
; Template script (you can customize this template by editing "ShellNew\Template.ahk" in your Windows folder)
;

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

^!n::
#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes
w::up
a::left
s::down
d::right
q::a
g::Numpad0
f::n
e::u
capslock::suspend
Return

so in my case, capslock is the key I´m using to switch on-off my script, so I can send messages without problems.

4 May 2015, 14:00 PM

Im used to mini map and edge scrolling combined with the same number hotkeys for the same unit types.
4 May 2015, 14:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:19 PMFul4n0

sorry Kamk, I don´t know about that hotkey issue....I´m not sure even if I have set "in game" to gridkeys or classsical layout ...

So you're not using hotkeys at all?

Because WASD would be also rather important hotkeys, that's why i wonder how one would solve this issue :/
4 May 2015, 14:13 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm using arrow keys remapped to WASD and grid layout, I also have the W key on E (for STOP) and the E key on Q (for attack ground). all the other keys lost I don't feel pressed often enough to need remapping. I also have attack ground on mousewheel click.
4 May 2015, 14:19 PM

Double-tap with hotkey on the units or spacebar to get me to the place where something is wrong.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS