Login

russian armor

Balance of power has shifted to Allies in 4v4AT (imo)

PAGES (13)down
11 May 2015, 05:58 AM

ON TOPIC: allies and axis are almost equal when the allied players' choose the correct commanders that compliment each other.

but axis have and easier time cus they don't need commanders the have great synergy. great commanders increase the already powerfull axis stock units. axis compliment eachother better.

You are so detached from reality that I'm realy tempted to believe your card it's a fake. Allied - and especially soviets - are currently steamrolling everything from 2v2 and above. Soviets are steamrolling even in 1v1. I'm smiling thinking about Relic's claim about inflated OKW players' ELO. Know this: OKW players inflated ELO it's nothig compared to what soviet players' ELO will be now. Everyone said they want balance, not a switch in OPness of factions. If balance means "now is my turn" like I saw in your several (retarded) comments, claiming that "okw now should suffer because their former OPness", then indeed we have that kind of "balance" now. Just lol to you and to all "good" players who play coh like Starcraft2 not being able to tell the difference.
11 May 2015, 06:01 AM

Permanently Banned

Your loss, might actually learn how to EFFECTIVLY BLOB as a team with people.

fixed that for you
11 May 2015, 06:04 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 05:58 AMJohnnyB

You are so detached from reality that I'm realy tempted to believe your card it's a fake.

nah m8, im just better than u and know wat im talking about

did u not read? the game is fairly balanced IN ALL MODES m8.

OKw being a little weak in 1's. but that is negated by effective fussie spam

while axis in large modes synergize better than allies

11 May 2015, 06:05 AM

So many people are willfully ignorant about some of the very core design mechanics used to balance CoH games: Allies need to win early game while axis need to survive early game aggression and win late game.

I will say you are wrong. Not related to this concept, which is totally fine, but related to the current state of the game. One example: had a 2v2 yesterday OKW/Ostheer against double soviets on Rails and Metal. They failed to be enough agressive at the beginning, on the countrary, they were pushed close to their base for a while. According to your principle from that moment for Axis it should have been just a walk in the park. Wrong. They won. I don't even get it where did they have the fuel for all their tanks and so. Soviet balistics (katiushas, 120s), PTRS spam, air strikes, IS2s, 85s, and all of these are steamrolling all over. Currently, for 2v2s for instance, double soviet are nearly unbeatable (if decent players).

So maybe the "good players" can give me an answer to this question: how do you avoid your deployed okw trucks or emplacements like let's say PAK 43 being whiped from the face of the earth in one simple, quick "carpet bombing" with those small AT bombs from Tank hunters doctrine? I would like to hear some smart ideas though I am sure there aren't.
11 May 2015, 06:12 AM

nah m8, im just better than u and know wat im talking about

I could not care less about your first assertion, related to the second, I have serious doubts. And I red what people said and all I see, is that there are quite a few who are saying the balance is off.
11 May 2015, 06:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 06:12 AMJohnnyB

I could not care less about your first assertion, related to the second, I have serious doubts. And I red what people said and all I see, is that there are quite a few who are saying the balance is off.

research conformation bias
11 May 2015, 06:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 03:33 AMpigsoup

he's argument was that ohme's implication that JT or ELE synergising very well does not translate in the real game.

but all the things that he listed also have a good or even greater chance of failing in real game.

your question is as out of place as your mouth.

It is why we say the imbalance exist in 4v4.

As in 4v4, Axis has more chance to survive and bringing out heavy tanks.
I personally do not find that it is hard to play as axis in winning in infantry stage, then i can push out pz4 to support the line to wait until okw heavy tanks to roll out, then ultimately my call-ins for ele or tigers. (btw, i just can't find my right pace in playing OKW)

As Allies, I play both Soviets and US, it is just very hard to take down Axis heavy tanks if they hold up the first stage or unleash a successful comeback with blobs. While people complain about Allies blobbing, they just ignore the fact that axis can do blobbing as well with well supported MGs. Blobbing in the right time while the enemy main forces retreat and break the line of defense while they retreating and hold them off for their comeback is very common in 4v4.

The mechanism of 4v4 is just not quite the very same with 2v2 or 1v1 which i am sucks at. Being focus with complimenting your teammates action is essential to make the tradeoff more worth it IMO.

TLDR version: I think axis is still superior in late game.
11 May 2015, 06:24 AM

fixed that for you

Nice ebin meme, you get that from Techbee?
11 May 2015, 06:42 AM

Why are u bothering alexandvar?Soviets need a few more buffs.

I'll play britain for a while when i return to coh2 for some easy feelgood wins,no need to play axis or OH currently.Masochism has limits.
11 May 2015, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 05:58 AMJohnnyB

You are so detached from reality that I'm realy tempted to believe your card it's a fake.

Vet 5 hypocrite spotted.
At least he shows his so we know he plays.
Same can't be said about you.

Allied - and especially soviets - are currently steamrolling everything from 2v2 and above. Soviets are steamrolling even in 1v1. I'm smiling thinking about Relic's claim about inflated OKW players' ELO. Know this: OKW players inflated ELO it's nothig compared to what soviet players' ELO will be now. Everyone said they want balance, not a switch in OPness of factions. If balance means "now is my turn" like I saw in your several (retarded) comments, claiming that "okw now should suffer because their former OPness", then indeed we have that kind of "balance" now. Just lol to you and to all "good" players who play coh like Starcraft2 not being able to tell the difference.

Sooo, you are basically butthurt here now that axis faction doesn't get free wins anymore, which translates in allied factions being at last able to rank up properly.

The state of balance is not perfect, but it haven't been that good since pre WFA patch last year.
11 May 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 08:04 AMKatitof

Same can't be said about you.year.

This applies to you to.
11 May 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 08:04 AMKatitof

Vet 5 hypocrite spotted.
Same can't be said about you.

Sooo, you are basically butthurt here now that axis faction doesn't get free wins anymore, which translates in allied factions being at last able to rank up properly.

The state of balance is not perfect, but it haven't been that good since pre WFA patch last year.

Letting your idiotic assertions aside, it's something I am used to therefore imune, my primarely wish in this game is to have challange no matter what faction I play, while I am still able to win if I deserve to. Admiting before and after patch that OKW was somewhat OP it's something I allways did and something that needed adjusted. The way this matter was settled by Relic was at least strange, because the translation of this in the game is most unfortunate. Basicaly we have now a faction that has all the advantages - resources, good units, lowest squadwipe occurence and so on, and one faction that was stripped of its advantages while resources income stayed the same. Now OKW pays more amo than before while amo income staying the same. The fuel income cannot help you sustain a proper middle and late game. Basically they were nerfed hard without other options being created. OKW vs SOVIETS was close to BALANCED before patch now it's terribly off. Just LOL to the people who say that I should resist with an jagdpanzer and 2-3 shrecks to 2 T34/85s and 2 76s, that I should resist with infantry to the allied tank storm and that if you do one little mistake in the startgame with OKW you are not screwed. How many mistakes are soviets allowed to do? 2? 5? Maybe 10? When playing OKW I'm like oh, don't lose that sturmpio squad it's going to cost you the game! WTF? Is that balance in your opinion? Well, why am I asking, of course it is, because you have no idea what this game is about. 'Cause you don't play it.
11 May 2015, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 08:30 AMJohnnyB

Letting your idiotic assertions aside, it's something I am used to therefore imune, my primarely wish in this game is to have challange no matter what faction I play, while I am still able to win if I deserve to. Admiting before and after patch that OKW was somewhat OP it's something I allways did and something that needed adjusted. The way this matter was settled by Relic was at least strange, because the translation of this in the game is most unfortunate. Basicaly we have now a faction that has all the advantages - resources, good units, lowest squadwipe occurence and so on, and one faction that was stripped of its advantages while resources income stayed the same. Now OKW pays more amo than before while amo income staying the same. The fuel income cannot help you sustain a proper middle and late game. Basically they were nerfed hard without other options being created. OKW vs SOVIETS was close to BALANCED before patch now it's terribly off. Just LOL to the people who say that I should resist with an jagdpanzer and 2-3 shrecks to 2 T34/85s and 2 76s, that I should resist with infantry to the allied tank storm and that if you do one little mistake in the startgame with OKW you are not screwed. How many mistakes are soviets allowed to do? 2? 5? Maybe 10? When playing OKW I'm like oh, don't lose that sturmpio squad it's going to cost you the game! WTF? Is that balance in your opinion? Well, why am I asking, of course it is, because you have no idea what this game is about. 'Cause you don't play it.

The thing, we can say you do not play it too :)
11 May 2015, 08:41 AM

Except I'm not jumping on other players cards like a rabid monkey, swinging poop. I don't have my card linked, but anyone who wants to check and mock it for ad-hominem argument and to feel better about themselves can easily find it as I'm not hiding under different name in game.

Small things, huge difference.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 08:30 AMJohnnyB

Letting your idiotic assertions aside, it's something I am used to therefore imune, my primarely wish in this game is to have challange no matter what faction I play, while I am still able to win if I deserve to.

Seems to me, after reading your posts, like you're challenged enough already.
11 May 2015, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 08:41 AMKatitof
Except I'm not jumping on other players cards like a rabid monkey, swinging poop. I don't have my card linked, but anyone who wants to check and mock it for ad-hominem argument and to feel better about themselves can easily find it as I'm not hiding under different name in game.

Small things, huge difference.

Seems to me, after reading your posts, like you're challenged enough already.

Actually I feel the same thing as you too. The imbalance does not require a high ranking player to point it out, it can be felt by any people in this game. This thread is the main reason why I finally registered an account in coh2.org.

The second reason is that i would like to wait for the uk army.

(Btw, poor SEGA bans steam selling adrenaline assault in my Country, forcing me to buy it expensively in game stores, screw you sega)
11 May 2015, 13:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lol dis thread
11 May 2015, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 15:18 PMGdot

I used streaks because I wanted a more current indicator. Win ratios happen over several patches and game states; while streaks give us a snapshot of whats been going on recently.

40 of our 50 winstreak were made pre patch, FYI. Please don't use it for your causes :P
11 May 2015, 15:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You guys are 100% wrong about the current balance right now. I am shocked to see so many allied fanboys lacking objectivity. Now before you accuse me of being an axis fanboy, I'm currently ranked 11th in Allied 3v3 (name = Troll Master Water Mage, and I know the name is stupid, it was intentional).

Has only 1 game above qualifying games :snfCHVGame:
I also got to top20 3v3 AT by defeating mostly noobs (18/2). 1 Defeat by dropping and the other by playing mass USF prepatch.
Just checked and i'm still 61, ladder deccay is SO SLOW...

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 06:05 AMJohnnyB

2v2 blabla...

So maybe the "good players" can give me an answer to this question: how do you avoid your deployed okw trucks or emplacements like let's say PAK 43 being whiped from the face of the earth in one simple, quick "carpet bombing" with those small AT bombs from Tank hunters doctrine? I would like to hear some smart ideas though I am sure there aren't.

Remember that this is a 4v4 (i'll say up to some point 3v3 als) thread.

You counter it, on the same way you counter CAS.
11 May 2015, 15:41 PM
Patrion 14

I can't believe this thread right now. Arguments just kind of dissipated a page ago in favor of player attacks and strawmanning.

Anyways, in my opinion, the soviets are currently the strongest 2s and up faction because of their access to callins and decent elite infantry with doctrines. They are also arguably the best 1v1 faction if you consider the fact that they have no real weaknesses through the game. They are decent early, mid, and lategame with callins. In my opinion, they are the most boring faction, but the most powerful faction.

USF are very powerful in 1 vs. 1, due to their strong early game. However, for any game that lasts longer than 20 minutes, USF players are for the most part forced into airborne or infantry companys to have any lategame infantry firepower whatsoever. This strong early -> weak late leads to them scaling very badly in larger gamemodes (where the early/midgame passes quickly) and leaves them feeling like a support army more than anything.

OKW is currently the weakest faction in 1v1, but scales drastically in larger teamgames where it is possible to have their weaknesses covered by ostheer teammates. In 1v1, they get wrecked by soviet t1 openings, and are only on an equal footing vs. USF because of the kubelwagon. Their access to vet 5 gives them extreme power in the lategame, which makes them a but like the opposite of USF in terms of power scaling.

Ostheer is, in my opinion, the best designed faction, and the best nondoctrinal army. For ostheer, teching is linear, and they have access to all of their units by the time they are needed. T4 is a little too expensive, but there are few units in the ostheer arsenal that are currently underperforming (stugg and panzerwerfer). This huge choice of viable units allows them to pick and choose octrines that complement the individual players' style, and makes them have a lot more viable strategies. This translates into being a very good faction to use in all gamemodes. The only reason that they are not quite as good as soviets is due to soviets' ability to use callins to skip teching costs and give their early->midgame power a large boost in the endgame.

What does all this mean? It means that I believe that allies have the edge in all game modes, but only due to the callin meta. Without the callin meta to prop the soviets as a useful faction, the balance of power would be indisputably in the favor of the axis.
11 May 2015, 16:13 PM

please bear in mind the maps. when 3's + start to resemble dota lanes, meta-counters like flanking are negated and thusly defensive factions gain an edge.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS