Login

russian armor

Balance of power has shifted to Allies in 4v4AT (imo)

PAGES (13)down
29 Apr 2015, 15:09 PM

So I figured I might measure the average streaks for the top 10 4V4AT teams. I used streaks because I believe its a good indicator of how things are since the latest patches and hot fixes.

Teams with a negative streak we're given a value of 0.

Top 10 axis teams have a streak average of 12.7
Top 10 allies teams have a streak average of 23.1

The large discrepancy between the streaks is a great indicator, imo, that balance has shifted in the Allies favor for 4v4AT mode.

29 Apr 2015, 15:15 PM

Compare win ratios, not win streaks.

Win streaks are indicator of nothing.
29 Apr 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 15:15 PMKatitof
Compare win ratios, not win streaks.

Win streaks are indicator of nothing.

I used streaks because I wanted a more current indicator. Win ratios happen over several patches and game states; while streaks give us a snapshot of whats been going on recently.
29 Apr 2015, 15:29 PM

That is still not really reliable source.

Streaks can be completely different tomorrow or in an hour.

Win ratios doesn't show such fluctuation.

And I doubt that axis suddenly got weaker/stronger over the night based on the streaks alone.
29 Apr 2015, 15:33 PM

The win streaks has more to do with the imbalance team games in auto match than anything else. Majority of the time, I am facing off no prestige team for 3 games straight and occasionally a really good game. I don't think this has anything to do with balance, not like 4 v 4 is balanced.
29 Apr 2015, 15:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want a "valid" data, even though with a small sample which will make it pretty obsolete also, do as Legends. You should had taken the W/L for those 20 teams and then came back later and see the global results.
29 Apr 2015, 15:40 PM

Streak cant be completly different in hour or tomorrow cause random streak are in huge favour for Axis (3v3 & 4v4) all the time and it's not changing.
29 Apr 2015, 15:54 PM

Relic really needs to publish this information openly.
29 Apr 2015, 16:18 PM
Patrion 14

oh. that is the whole argument? came here to hear some credible arguments...
29 Apr 2015, 16:20 PM

I still think that team games favor the Axis after having played enough in this patch. The difference is smaller now, but OKW late game is still devastating and Axis resource conversion is still amazingly good. Against a good Axis team a good Allied team will still lose if the sides are equal, the Axis have less room for mistakes.
29 Apr 2015, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 16:18 PMpigsoup
oh. that is the whole argument? came here to hear some credible arguments...

This is the internet. There's no arguing on the internet.
29 Apr 2015, 18:26 PM

I still think that team games favor the Axis after having played enough in this patch. The difference is smaller now, but OKW late game is still devastating and Axis resource conversion is still amazingly good. Against a good Axis team a good Allied team will still lose if the sides are equal, the Axis have less room for mistakes.

'A good allied team will lose if the sides are equal' Care to elaborate?

Those axis streaks being broken...do you think they're being broken by random teams/low ranked or by other top 10 allied teams? I can answer this because I watched these games unfold. Axis streaks were broken by other top 10 allied teams, and frankly the games weren't even close.

29 Apr 2015, 18:45 PM

Me thinks you have never faced Jacksons + mark target or IS2's support by Jacksons. Or people using Priest pop cap abuse.

Allies in 4's and 3's simply require you to not be brain dead, as in not picking literal garbage doctrines. As a person who makes AT's of both sides his habitat I can assure you winning with an Allies AT versus a top ranked Axis AT is just as easy as the reverse.
29 Apr 2015, 18:58 PM

Me thinks you have never faced Jacksons + mark target or IS2's support by Jacksons. Or people using Priest pop cap abuse.

Allies in 4's and 3's simply require you to not be brain dead, as in not picking literal garbage doctrines. As a person who makes AT's of both sides his habitat I can assure you winning with an Allies AT versus a top ranked Axis AT is just as easy as the reverse.

At some point, when Axis players start rolling Tigers, Panthers and King Tigers backed by Elephant, Jadgtiger and Jadgpanzer, IS2, ISU or Jackson can do pudding.
29 Apr 2015, 19:05 PM

At some point, when Axis players start rolling Tigers, Panthers and King Tigers backed by Elephant, Jadgtiger and Jadgpanzer, IS2, ISU or Jackson can do pudding.

You are trolling, right? Please tell me you are trolling...

In the instance you are not trolling me, here are two recent top 10 matchups that relate to your comment. Im not posting these to brag but to show you it most certainly can be done and with relative ease.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33804/top-4v4-allied-comaback.
http://www.coh2.org/replay/34070/top-5-or-so-4v4

You'll see how easily you can kill the axis heavies.

Too lazy to watch, Mark Target + p47 + med tank swarm.

29 Apr 2015, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 15:09 PMGdot
So I figured I might measure the average streaks for the top 10 4V4AT teams. I used streaks because I believe its a good indicator of how things are since the latest patches and hot fixes.

Teams with a negative streak we're given a value of 0.

Top 10 axis teams have a streak average of 12.7
Top 10 allies teams have a streak average of 23.1

The large discrepancy between the streaks is a great indicator, imo, that balance has shifted in the Allies favor for 4v4AT mode.

Is this a troll thread?
29 Apr 2015, 19:19 PM

Is this a troll thread?

Now it is. :help:
29 Apr 2015, 20:00 PM

Are you seriously unable to deal with Tigers, Panthers, JP's or KT's this late after release? The Jadgtiger and Elefant are still also vulnerable to flanking, especially since the JT can get stun locked fairly easy.

The super heavy TD's aren't viable on every map, (this includes the ISU). If you don't pick shit doctrines and coordinate you will be fine, the same goes for Axis and Allies in this regard.

29 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

Are you seriously unable to deal with Tigers, Panthers, JP's or KT's this late after release? The Jadgtiger and Elefant are still also vulnerable to flanking, especially since the JT can get stun locked fairly easy.

The super heavy TD's aren't viable on every map, (this includes the ISU). If you don't pick shit doctrines and coordinate you will be fine, the same goes for Axis and Allies in this regard.

I will use your argument about Jackon 60 range so only noobs are caught with schrecks.
So in the same way, only noobs let enemy shoot at 85 range unit which outranges everything.
29 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM

I will use your argument about Jackon 60 range so only noobs are caught with schrecks.
So in the same way, only noobs let enemy shoot at 85 range unit which outranges everything.

How many maps do you think there are with a single clear lane of 85 range? The Jadgtiger is a waste of time on maps with lots of shot blockers, while the Elefant's mobility at least allows it to handle crowded maps better.

Don't compare medium TD's to super heavy ones, kids.

PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS