Login

russian armor

frequent rifle grenades squad wipes

28 Apr 2015, 01:06 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

its not directional vs explosives, if youre in green cover youll take half damage from grenades no matter where the grenade lands.

if you fire a riflegrenade from the rear flank or side flank of a rifle squad thats in green cover thats bunched up=theyll get wiped in one hit from full health as if they werent in cover or in yellow cover

If you fire it at a full health rifle squad frontally thats in green cover then the squad will not get wiped at all,theyll lose a model or two and a lot of health,but they wont get wiped unless they were wounded or low on men already.

If you fire it at a bunched squad in red cover. they all die.
If you fire it at a bunched squad in yellow cover,they all die
if you fire it at a bunched squad thats only partially in green cover, and still bunched they'll probably die,depends on how the nade was aimed

28 Apr 2015, 01:11 AM

Permanently Banned

Molotovs dont wipe a full health squad on impact and require fuel to unlock

Soviets also spend the least on teching out of anybody so you can buy whatever the hell upgrades you want. Molotovs cost 15 munitions vs 30 munitions. They only wipe full health squads if you're a fucking moron who doesn't think twice about seeing a full 5-6 man squad stacked inside each other engaging a gren squad that you should be keeping an eye out whether you think your enemy might shoot a rifle nade. So if your common sense even goes a little bit further you'll know to watch for the animation. L2P ffs the only issue is riflenade range increase at vet. Wanna know how to tie your shoes as well?
28 Apr 2015, 01:22 AM

Soviets also spend the least on teching out of anybody so you can buy whatever the hell upgrades you want. Molotovs cost 15 munitions vs 30 munitions. They only wipe full health squads if you're a fucking moron who doesn't think twice about seeing a full 5-6 man squad stacked inside each other engaging a gren squad that you should be keeping an eye out whether you think your enemy might shoot a rifle nade. So if your common sense even goes a little bit further you'll know to watch for the animation. L2P ffs the only issue is riflenade range increase at vet. Wanna know how to tie your shoes as well?

My riflemen were adequately spaced, single file, behind a row of cover in each case. I guess il need to upload a few videos to illustrate.
28 Apr 2015, 01:38 AM

Permanently Banned

My riflemen were adequately spaced, single file, behind a row of cover in each case. I guess il need to upload a few videos to illustrate.
Do it because Full health even semi spaced out 5 man squads don't get one shotted by something as weak as a rifle-nade that has a very small zone of full health killing. The only reason it does, is because of its precision and squad bunching.
28 Apr 2015, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 20:38 PMluvnest

how can one be so biased?

Grenade wipes happen on both sides, and it's due to the cover seeking behaviour. Units tend to clump up much more after leaving cover, and they phase through each other so it's possible that the whole squad stands on the same spot. The fact that Riflenades have this long range makes it a bit easier for them. If you would just increase the spacing for the squads if they are not in cover, that would help alot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

There's exactly one reason for a US rifleman squad to close with any other infantry squad. Even if you have BAR's you're still looking for grenades. The effective range of the rifle grenade is combat range. If you're fighting, you can fire it off.

Grenades have a longer delay- I can consistently lay rifle grenades on targets, its fucking hard to catch anyone slipping up with US riflemen. And this all assumes the game even respects user input and throws the grenade when you order them to.

28 Apr 2015, 04:15 AM

if you fire a riflegrenade from the rear flank or side flank of a rifle squad thats in green cover thats bunched up=theyll get wiped in one hit from full health as if they werent in cover or in yellow cover

If you fire it at a full health rifle squad frontally thats in green cover then the squad will not get wiped at all,theyll lose a model or two and a lot of health,but they wont get wiped unless they were wounded or low on men already.

if you fire it at a bunched squad thats only partially in green cover, and still bunched they'll probably die,depends on how the nade was aimed

ran some tests cause i had nothing better to do, it appears like you are correct in that it is directional, but it seems its based upon the location of the squad that threw/fired the grenade rather than where the grenade lands as vuther suggested.
28 Apr 2015, 05:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess, multidirectional green cover OP. Our only salvation.
28 Apr 2015, 06:51 AM

Watch the animation, if you're careful it's nearly impossible to not dodge a rifle nade. The animation itself takes about 1.5 seconds and the grenade flying through the air takes about 2 seconds or more.
(If they even fire the grenade because of bugs)

If you didn't dodge a rifle nade, you also wouldn't have dodged a regular nade/bundle.

Sure, it's radius is bigger than usual grenades but both axis factions bleed munition unlike the allies. As an allie (mostly as Russians) you can spam molotovs and grenades happily because you somehow have > 200 munition floating all the time.

As a German you always have to choose wether you shoot this grenade or lay mines, get an LMG, etc...

28 Apr 2015, 07:29 AM

It is already almost impossible to dodge, the only way to foresee the nade is to listen to when they yell "grenade!", but alot of the time I have 2 or more skirmishes going on and even then discerning which squad is aiming at which is nearly impossible.
Is this working as intended?

That's the whole point you know? For you to pay attention and for the enemy to exploit your distraction. And besides, if you are on 2 or more skirmishes, so is the enemy and you can exploit that too. If they can dodge but you can't (while both are engaging in different parts of the map) the problem is something else.

True about Molotovs. And I don't know why people dislike Molotovs and don't use them more often. The cover denial is excellent and always forces you to change the position of your support weapon.
28 Apr 2015, 08:42 AM

If you frequently got wiped by rifle nades you better work more on micro managing your troops.
aaa
28 Apr 2015, 08:56 AM

Am I alone in the belief its extreme hard to spot vet 2 grenadiers preparing a rifle grenade in a big fight with a bunch going on?

thats true. No matter vet 2 or whatever its hard to spot. OP ability. But with ptrs cons it slightly balances.
More visible animation would be good.
28 Apr 2015, 08:57 AM

Nice to see im not alone, IMO by itself the Rifle Grenade is fine but the Vet 2 range+lots of going on makes it borderline impossible to see it coming before its too late!

Pretty much this, although I should admit that my awarness is poor if there are fights more than in 2 places at once.
28 Apr 2015, 09:48 AM

Yea this is getting a little ridiculous, the animation is easy to spot, come on.

Especially when it frequently bugs out and doesn't play at all.
28 Apr 2015, 11:30 AM

ran some tests cause i had nothing better to do, it appears like you are correct in that it is directional, but it seems its based upon the location of the squad that threw/fired the grenade rather than where the grenade lands as vuther suggested.

Thanks for the info m80s, I was wondering why sometimes grenades would do a ton of damage but cause no model losses.
28 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 20:38 PMluvnest

how can one be so biased?

Grenade wipes happen on both sides, and it's due to the cover seeking behaviour. Units tend to clump up much more after leaving cover, and they phase through each other so it's possible that the whole squad stands on the same spot. The fact that Riflenades have this long range makes it a bit easier for them. If you would just increase the spacing for the squads if they are not in cover, that would help alot.

To be fair, in the first patch of the March deployment 1.0 we had to deal with uber Ostheer and Pio spam for a whole month. When Ass engineers were buffed they were hot fixed that week :foreveralone:
28 Apr 2015, 13:18 PM

To be fair, in the first patch of the March deployment 1.0 we had to deal with uber Ostheer and Pio spam for a whole month. When Ass engineers were buffed they were hot fixed that week :foreveralone:

The time of axis 150+ win streaks :foreveralone:
28 Apr 2015, 13:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to US Forces Strategies
28 Apr 2015, 17:21 PM

To be fair, in the first patch of the March deployment 1.0 we had to deal with uber Ostheer and Pio spam for a whole month. When Ass engineers were buffed they were hot fixed that week.
:foreveralone:

dont forget about the kubel also
12 May 2015, 22:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Watch the animation, if you're careful it's nearly impossible to not dodge a rifle nade. The animation itself takes about 1.5 seconds and the grenade flying through the air takes about 2 seconds or more.

+1

Provided you heed his advice your squads should not be wiped by rifle grenades.

Command delay hurts much relating to grenade dodging though. :foreveralone:
13 May 2015, 08:31 AM

i'd like to see it's trail be more visible. i suppose they could slow down the travel time of it, put it more in line with hand held nades, yes, you could fire it at max range, but it would be easier to dodge, turn it more into a positioned skill shot.

(sidebar, i wish the sniper bullet trail was more noticeable as well)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★