Login

russian armor

assault engineers

22 Apr 2015, 17:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 16:31 PMBurts
Armor is now the best 1v1 doctrine by far.

Even if assault engineers spawned without guns, they would still be worth it because of the democharges.

vehicle crews are pretty bad but they are good sometimes.

M10s are beast this patch. You can realistically get 2-3 M10s for every axis vehicle on the field. Just spam them and drive everything over.

Bulldozers are great.

250mm arty has its uses for dislodging axis camp blobs.

In 2v2 airborne is still better i guess.

demos are not THAT good..
M10 is actually useful now, but I'd still take airborne, rifle, and infantry over armor in 1's.

22 Apr 2015, 17:13 PM

But of course. A 4 man squad with no armour to speak of and trashy vet facing axis squads designed to murder 6 men squads, armed with an SMG that drops off DPS even faster than a PPSH.

They're just so strong! That's why we see Assault Engie spam all the time and it wrecks face, right? They're so much better than, say, sprinting 5 man Assault Grenadiers, which are also mad OP.

Or sturmpios/pgrens and their great vet and being allowed to do damage at longer than 3 feet.

Hmmm good point. I should have added fanboys too. Low ranked players and fanboys.

And seriously, for 280mp, great offensive unit, call in, demo nukes and you want more armor? If they were anymore OP people would spam them everywhere. Right now they can be used in CQC maps and work just splendidly in their niche.
22 Apr 2015, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2015, 16:22 PMGdot
Lets make one of the strongest offensive unit (and a call in unit) even stronger!! This is a good example of why people argue that low ranked players should not comment on balance.

Don't even talk about low ranked players. I have faced you before in 4 v 4 and your AT team and you guys played terribly. I have faced your m8s multiple time and destroyed them in every single game. I am lower rank than you are. Everyone is free to input their opinion here.

Thompson would make the AE become relevant in late game, but I am really liking this 5 man idea with Vet 3 instead.
22 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

Don't even talk about low ranked players. I have faced you before in 4 v 4 and your AT team and you guys played terribly. I have faced your m8s multiple time and destroyed them in every single game. I am lower rank than you are. Everyone is free to input their opinion here.

Thompson would make the AE become relevant in late game, but I am really liking this 5 man idea with Vet 3 instead.

I wasn't saying I, as in myself, would be a good example - It was just a general statement. But I'm sure you wreck me everytime, I don't know who you are or who my m8s you are referring to but keep up the good work allstar.
22 Apr 2015, 21:13 PM

No armor buff. 300mp. Exploding flamer. And five dudes. Still squishy. Still utilitus. Probably not the best doctrine for Thompson weapon rack. But it should still exist else where.

I think 280mp is a lot for four dude squad. 320 is elite infantry that builds. They are flanking infantry. With the abilitys and upgrades to blow some stuff up, including them selves.

22 Apr 2015, 23:25 PM

I really think they need the extra guy with vet. They are perfectly balanced and useful in the first few minutes of the game, but it's impossible to keep them alive after tanks and vet infantry become present.
23 Apr 2015, 01:35 AM

Any sub-6-man squad has trouble staying alive after tanks.
23 Apr 2015, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Any sub-6-man squad has trouble staying alive after tanks.

Everything on legs has trouble staying alive when RNG decrees that an infantry squad will now group-hug in combat. But Relic is still letting that happen uncomfortably often. :(
nee
23 Apr 2015, 02:17 AM

Vet2 giving a fifth guy is okay, especially since it's the same as RETs. Thompsons I don't know, they already seem okay, they should just buff their grease guns instead, especially since they have anti-cover flamethrower as upgrade.
IMO grenades or even double flamethrowers might be more useful to boost their capability; but we should first decide just what the Assault Engineer unit is really for.
23 Apr 2015, 02:35 AM

Good idea.. Let's make the faction with the strongest early game even stronger!! God... I swear some of these players... Unbelievable..
23 Apr 2015, 02:57 AM

Where did this idea of only getting a second man with vet instead of by default come from?
23 Apr 2015, 03:01 AM

Permanently Banned
Where did this idea of only getting a second man with vet instead of by default come from?
Well assault engineers aren't even that bad, so the whole 5th man at vet just like rear ech seemed like a good alternative.
23 Apr 2015, 03:03 AM

Well assault engineers aren't even that bad, so the whole 5th man at vet just like rear ech seemed like a good alternative.

??????

Why should they need to get to Vet 2? (obviously if they were given a fifth man by default you would have to adjust DPS to compensate)
23 Apr 2015, 04:11 AM
Patrion 14

The thing is, assault engineers are perfectly fine out of the box at CP0. The problem comes with their scalability later in the game. I like the idea of an extra man at vet two. However, I also like the idea of instead giving them access to grenades (no smoke) when they are unlocked in the barracks much better. This way, AE are less survivable than Riflemen, but make up for it by specializing as assault troops, who are not survivable enough to close frontally with enemies, but can instead deal amazing damage if they can pull off a flank.
23 Apr 2015, 04:29 AM

Permanently Banned

??????

Why should they need to get to Vet 2? (obviously if they were given a fifth man by default you would have to adjust DPS to compensate)

Something about fighting off shocks without armor at the start doesn't sound appealing when usf already has the best early game in the world. I think a vet 2 for 5 men or nothing at all seems fine. While poor old assault grens are 5 men yet still have worse dps than an engineer squad that costs the exact same.
23 Apr 2015, 07:30 AM

Something about fighting off shocks without armor at the start doesn't sound appealing when usf already has the best early game in the world. I think a vet 2 for 5 men or nothing at all seems fine. While poor old assault grens are 5 men yet still have worse dps than an engineer squad that costs the exact same.

Assault engineers dont have armor, smoke grenades, 6 men and im almost certain less dmg. So...... I dont tjink an extra man out the great would break them. Anyway thanks for the reminder on Assault grenafiers its not fair to leave them out.
23 Apr 2015, 08:06 AM
Patrion 14

agree with gdot and other ppl who thinks ass engis are fine.

it is relatively hard unit to use imo. i like that. no units should be as no brainer as volk shreck, pre patch obers, guard ptrs+dp, para m1919 etc etc.
23 Apr 2015, 08:44 AM
Donator 11

Arent all short range units hard to use except shocks? How about Sturmpioniere, Panzergrenadiere? The only saving grace for tehm is is the ability to repair/wield panzerschreck if shit hits the fan.
Give every short range unit smoke grenades and 1.3 armour and we are fine.
23 Apr 2015, 09:25 AM

Arent all short range units hard to use except shocks? How about Sturmpioniere, Panzergrenadiere? The only saving grace for tehm is is the ability to repair/wield panzerschreck if shit hits the fan.
Give every short range unit smoke grenades and 1.3 armour and we are fine.

Panzergrenadiers are not a close range unit.
23 Apr 2015, 09:28 AM

Panzergrenadiers are not a close range unit.

Im afraid people will never learn that :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment