Login

russian armor

Opinion Poll: Least Useful Unit

20 Apr 2015, 00:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stuart?

It's bad, but I can't see it needing much more to be fine. 80 HP buff, abilities cost reduction, could be pretty cool then.

SU-76? Kinda would need a lot more.
20 Apr 2015, 01:01 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why is the panzerwerfer not on this list.
20 Apr 2015, 05:40 AM

Irregulars. Despite the name, they're useless on a regular basis.
20 Apr 2015, 06:29 AM

I find this list a bit too biased.
There is only 1 German unit and 7 allied units.
You know, axis also have units that are rarely played.

Panzerwerfer, Brummbär, SdkfZ Uhu, Flame HT, OKW P4, etc...

And on the other hand the listed units are likely not useless at all.

DshK is a better Maxim which fits perfectly in Sov T1 play.
Partisans spawn in buildings and can finish any heavy injured vehicle.
Echelons are not meant to be frontline infantry units and though are strong with bazookas.

Just saying that this poll actually means nothing and additionaly it seems to represent only one side of the game.

20 Apr 2015, 07:17 AM

How about the Stuart?

Its really bad, but not as useless as the other options.
Stuart is probably in pwerfer league, not horribly useless, but definitely doesn't live up to the cost as much.
20 Apr 2015, 07:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 07:17 AMKatitof

Its really bad, but not as useless as the other options.
Stuart is probably in pwerfer league, not horribly useless, but definitely doesn't live up to the cost as much.

Stuart is leagues better than the werfer- not impressive, but it does its job, if only marginally.
20 Apr 2015, 07:24 AM

Why would you put irregulars and the SU-76 in this poll?

Irregulars are fully capable of taking on a pioneer squad and winning most of the time and the SU-76 can typically fend off the light vehicles that are incapable of penetrating it's armor.

Sounds like a L2P issue to me.
20 Apr 2015, 07:25 AM

IR searchlight
Sturmtiger
Leig
Panzerwerfer

20 Apr 2015, 07:51 AM

Stuart is leagues better than the werfer- not impressive, but it does its job, if only marginally.

I'd say both barely do their job just enough to not be complete POS but thats it.
I'm having much more use out of IR HT.
20 Apr 2015, 08:51 AM

To everyone bringing up the werfer, sturmtiger and brummbar; there's a big difference between expensive and useless.

The werfer and brummbar can wipe squads. The latter has reliable deflection damage and stuns. The sturmtiger can one shot wipe most tanks.

By comparison, irregulars can't hurt anything. AI partisans die to a stiff breeze. Rear Echelon can't even suppress now.

There are plenty of less used axis units, but none of them are in the same league of useless .

I considered adding the leig and pack howitzer but the recent buff seems to have given them some use.
20 Apr 2015, 15:03 PM

I haven't seen irregulars in God knows when. I really think they could use a DPS buff.
20 Apr 2015, 15:17 PM

Both of them have unjustifiably high Opportunity costs to field them. Too much fuel for the Captain Tier combined with the high cost of the Stuart puts you close to the price of a Panther to field it for a Mediocre borderling TERRIBLE unit. Same goes with the Pwerfer. T4 is too expensive and you get a unit thats only marginally useful.

I dont think folks are considering this as much as they should. Doctrine choice is also an opportunity cost that some of these units are tied too.
20 Apr 2015, 15:33 PM

To everyone bringing up the werfer, sturmtiger and brummbar; there's a big difference between expensive and useless.

I could make the same argument about the SU-76, your poll is biased.
20 Apr 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 15:33 PMRollo

I could make the same argument about the SU-76, your poll is biased.

No you couldnt unless you were playing against an AI.

A panzerwerfer at close range can secure more kills in one volley than an SU-76 can get over the course of a game. Sturm tiger can also do this and one shot medium tanks. Brumbar while typically access-able due to tech costs can still very consistently kill things.

as was said before, there are axis units not used very much for one reason or another. Given the ability to get them, the ones listed on the poll are on a whole other category of useless ness.
20 Apr 2015, 16:31 PM

I find this list a bit too biased.
There is only 1 German unit and 7 allied units.
You know, axis also have units that are rarely played.

Panzerwerfer, Brummbär, SdkfZ Uhu, Flame HT, OKW P4, etc...

And on the other hand the listed units are likely not useless at all.

DshK is a better Maxim which fits perfectly in Sov T1 play.
Partisans spawn in buildings and can finish any heavy injured vehicle.
Echelons are not meant to be frontline infantry units and though are strong with bazookas.

Just saying that this poll actually means nothing and additionaly it seems to represent only one side of the game.

Dishk is a cop out if you are not going T2, and even then I would not get them. Dishk suffers from all the same problems a maxim has with only some more damage and penetration which isnt very effective for all that extra manpower.

I agree with your Partisans point, I feel they are no where near as bad as the SU-76 :foreveralone:
I also agree with your rear echelon point.

However I do not agree with your list of axis things to place on the list considering none of what you listed actually struggle with what they are intended to do. They may be overshadowed by other units, and not used a whole lot, but none of them are utterly usless
20 Apr 2015, 18:55 PM

The werfer and brummbar can wipe squads. The latter has reliable deflection damage and stuns. The sturmtiger can one shot wipe most tanks.

By comparison, irregulars can't hurt anything. AI partisans die to a stiff breeze. Rear Echelon can't even suppress now.

There are plenty of less used axis units, but none of them are in the same league of useless .

I considered adding the leig and pack howitzer but the recent buff seems to have given them some use.

It it's shit at it's job for it's cost, then it's useless. The Sturmpanzer IV, the Werfer, and the StuG III Ausf J all fit in this category also possibly Ass Grens.

The OKW PIV also fits in this category.

Dishk is a cop out if you are not going T2, and even then I would not get them. Dishk suffers from all the same problems a maxim has with only some more damage and penetration which isnt very effective for all that extra manpower.

The DshK is never seen because it's in shitty commanders, which is a death sentence for a unit for Soviets.

20 Apr 2015, 18:57 PM

Lend lease isn't shitty and is picked quite frequently for a non meta commander.
Yet no one uses more clumsy maxim with additional cost and less mobility.
20 Apr 2015, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 18:57 PMKatitof
Lend lease isn't shitty and is picked quite frequently for a non meta commander.
Yet no one uses more clumsy maxim with additional cost and less mobility.

Every time I use Lend Lease I do a t1 start with the Dhsk supporting and conscript back up, then again I only ever go this commander in higher game modes because while the M4C might be the best Sherman in the game it pails in comparison to the T34-85 and IS2.

The DhsK needs to have a wider arc or maybe faster reposition time, really as far as unit's go it doesn't need that much love compared to say; Irregulars.
20 Apr 2015, 19:45 PM

Every time I use Lend Lease I do a t1 start with the Dhsk supporting and conscript back up, then again I only ever go this commander in higher game modes because while the M4C might be the best Sherman in the game it pails in comparison to the T34-85 and IS2.

The DhsK needs to have a wider arc or maybe faster reposition time, really as far as unit's go it doesn't need that much love compared to say; Irregulars.

Lend Lease commander is extremely fun to use with call in Sherman and fuel drops, not to mention Penal troops with DHSK support. I think the MG could use a little buff, but it is not completely useless. The MG can still pin infantry down relatively quick.
20 Apr 2015, 19:51 PM

Lend Lease commander is extremely fun to use with call in Sherman and fuel drops, not to mention Penal troops with DHSK support. I think the MG could use a little buff, but it is not completely useless. The MG can still pin infantry down relatively quick.

A quick comparison to the .50 cal reminds us why it is so ridiculed.

Better than no MG, but not a good MG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS