Login

russian armor

Alpha Announcement

16 Apr 2015, 14:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 13:09 PMKatitof

Sure, I can play tank hunters with T34s, but if my opponent will be able to contain me and survive 15 mins it will be like mining rocks with your nails when I'm forced to use just stock armor.

Again, call-in disease applies almost exclusively to soviets. I never feel handicapped when playing other army. And god I hope new army won't suffer same problems.

Here's a replay of what tank hunter tactics games go like usually-
http://www.coh2.org/file/7732/kats.rec

Game before I went T34s, but I find (and I think most people find) that since you're locked to spamming essentially T3-ostheer-equivalent units with no further advancement possible with either soviet high tiers, T4 is a better choice- especially on the narrower 2v2 maps. T34s fall off after the first two or three unless you really break the axis there and then, but kats just get stronger and stronger. Your ally can do the call-ins for mobile armor, which kats complement nicely.

1v1 though, massing T34s with TH is perfectly fine, as long as you don't lose too many (more than 1) before the call-ins hit, I think.

Also, if you aren't feeling pigeonholed with the other factions, maybe you just aren't playing at a level where going non-conformist strategies tends to mean losing unless you significantly outplay the enemy. You can go stugs or brummbars maybe against weaker opponents, but once your opponents start playing guard motor coordination or 3 rifle, LT, M20, flamers and sherman to their maximum potential, your alternate playstyle almost certainly will not cut it.
16 Apr 2015, 14:19 PM
Patrion 14

My birthday is the 28th, would be really nice present to get into the alpha:banana:
16 Apr 2015, 14:22 PM

Game before I went T34s, but I find (and I think most people find) that since you're locked to spamming essentially T3-ostheer-equivalent units with no further advancement possible with either soviet high tiers, T4 is a better choice- especially on the narrower 2v2 maps. T34s fall off after the first two or three unless you really break the axis there and then, but kats just get stronger and stronger. Your ally can do the call-ins for mobile armor, which kats complement nicely.

1v1 though, massing T34s with TH is perfectly fine, as long as you don't lose too many (more than 1) before the call-ins hit, I think.

Also, if you aren't feeling pigeonholed with the other factions, maybe you just aren't playing at a level where going non-conformist strategies tends to mean losing unless you significantly outplay the enemy. You can go stugs or brummbars maybe against weaker opponents, but once your opponents start playing guard motor coordination or 3 rifle, LT, M20, flamers and sherman to their maximum potential, your alternate playstyle almost certainly will not cut it.

Please OpieOP i've beaten angreifein and other top players numeruos times with conscript support and defensive tactics. The call in meta is a lie :snfPeter:

Got completely trashed by angreifeins double ostwind into tiger ace strat, he usually goes stug E which is just easier to beat though :snfPeter:

16 Apr 2015, 14:25 PM

Thats pretty much the conclusion I got after couple of TH doc games.
At least the salvage ability is amazing in the doctrine.
16 Apr 2015, 15:09 PM

Am i the only one who gets wound up when Relic people say stuff along the lines of; get a first hand look at how it all works behind the scenes like they're nailing game balance.

Even if you think the game is currently balanced, there are a tiny handful of strats that you do when you want to win.
16 Apr 2015, 15:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 18:17 PMl4hti

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=By+Jove britsbrits Confirmed PogChamp

This is still in common usage in some parts of the UK, let alone as a form of slang.

However, I can't imagine Tommy's saying this; it's more of a top-hat silk-baron sort of saying.

Still, so far as subtle hints go, it's got me pretty excited! Let's see how cockney the voice acting is this time around!
16 Apr 2015, 15:28 PM
Benefactor 115

I hope they have a nice mix of accents. I'll be disappointed if they just use "stereotypical tea drinker" accent. When there are so many different accents in the UK, however I think they'll stay away from some of them because people may find them hard to understand ( Glaswegian, Scouse or Geordie come to mind)

16 Apr 2015, 18:04 PM

From Cynthia_RE:
"Hey folks, another follow-up comment:

Please don't send me private messages asking to be guaranteed a slot. I'm being inundated with them, and doing this won't guarantee you anything. I totally understand your desire to be in the Alpha, but due to the volume of these messages I've received I won't be able to reply to them all.

Thanks for your continued interest, stay awesome B-)"
Hux
16 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM
Patrion 14

I think they'll stay away from some of them because people may find them hard to understand ( Glaswegian, Scouse or Geordie come to mind)

Inb4 Blackburn voice actors.

You just know they will all be that 'Captain Cutting' shite again...
16 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@Ipkai & Mr Morrison: I think you are being a little hard on Relic here. I enjoyed the Scottish accents in OF.

Pure Glaswegian is ofc a non-no, for the reason Ipkai suggests, but then so too would be be hard cockney, or broad Brummie

or indeed, broad East Anglia.

16 Apr 2015, 22:31 PM

I had a nightmare that I got into the alpha but it was actually just a new Russian faction themed around Bagration.

:S
17 Apr 2015, 00:40 AM

Even now, when I here the voice of either lieutenant or Commandos (specially lieutenant) I reach Climax, end of story. I'm not really familiar with different British accents, but those voice actors were amazing. Irish accent is also fantastic, specially when they rant and swear. :P
17 Apr 2015, 01:25 AM
Benefactor 115

Glaswegian for your interests

17 Apr 2015, 03:15 AM

It's a bit odd that there is only one new faction- will there be a new third axis faction?
17 Apr 2015, 03:28 AM

It's a bit odd that there is only one new faction- will there be a new third axis faction?

There is no official confirmation. However, game files that previously hinted at British faction also hinted at new commanders for OKW. So a likely scenario is that Brits come out with 6 commanders as USF did, then OKW gets another 3-6 commanders. Not a new faction, but very likely several new units/abilities.

My personal theory is that if the Brits are themed around late-war Italian campaign, the new OKW commanders could be themed around this too, providing Italian auxiliaries to the core German army.
17 Apr 2015, 03:56 AM

Maybe next year
17 Apr 2015, 07:37 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

According to the leaks, I think probably british Starter 5 Commanders and 5 commanders for sale in pack dlc.

A pack Africa Korps for OKW Starter 5 Commanders and 5 commanders for sale in pack dlc.

edit: I can not imagine a map with three models of panthers or PIV
17 Apr 2015, 07:41 AM

Unless you wait it to not have normal tanks and instead assault guns and lightly armored TDs with P3 being heaviest normal tank, there is not much to use for axis really that wouldn't be same unit with different skin and in that case why bother with forcibly new army?

And if the brits come out, I sure hope there will be the famous "cigarette near fuel" line, THAT WAS AWESOME!
17 Apr 2015, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 12:35 PMJadame!
People complaining not because game is bad but because they want it to be better. Imagine coh without bugs. Without performance issues. With whole roster of units available and commanders being balanced. It would be dream RTS.

Of course, but that's probably just an illusion. Do you really think it would be possible to get to a version where nobody felt the game to be imbalanced?

I see people claiming every faction too weak or too strong in different aspects. It's pretty telling.

OKW: no fuel and unit nerfs! Boooo
Wher: too expensive and four gren squads! Booo
Soviet: Is-2 only useful tank and sniper nerf! Boooo
USF: No Heavy tank at all and bollocks bazookas! Boooo

And on and on. It's that I'm not sure it's such a big problem. When I hear about op units and strats I try them sometimes and usually end up feeling "sure it's possible to make it work as long as..." having certain circumstances or using solid Micro or something. Then again, shouldn't it work if I used it in the right circumstances in a skillful way? Having in mind that even the outcome of small, early engagements can strongly affect the rest of the game.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 13:09 PMKatitof
Again, call-in disease applies almost exclusively to soviets. I never feel handicapped when playing other army. And god I hope new army won't suffer same problems.

Maybe things are different in 1v1. Often I play 4v4 because I usually play with a friend and we like that mode. Burt (above) thinks call in meta complaint is made up. I find it challenging to win with any faction, and that overall feels balanced to me. If I don't get a unit to work, I sure have a memory of somebody else using it successfully in my team or against me, so.
17 Apr 2015, 08:24 AM
Patrion 28

Of course, but that's probably just an illusion. Do you really think it would be possible to get to a version where nobody felt the game to be imbalanced?

of course not but you can get it to the point where the forums aren't a toxic cesspool because of the state of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★