Login

russian armor

Which Faction Is OP At Present & Why ?

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2015, 12:23 PM

GUYS PLEASE,

you are forgetting the single most important factor when it comes to balance: The maps.
13 Apr 2015, 12:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 10:48 AMKatitof

There are some whines here and there, but 3v3 and 4v4 heroes with rank position looking like a phone number who rise these whines aren't exactly the most creditable sources to determine what is OP and what is not.

I LOVE YOU TOO
13 Apr 2015, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 12:23 PMGiaA
GUYS PLEASE,

you are forgetting the single most important factor when it comes to balance: The maps.

Veto semoisky, bystra voda and stalingrad and one you don't like, enjoy mostly balanced map pool.
13 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Balance right now

Excited!

Jazz hands!
13 Apr 2015, 12:39 PM

Soviets are currently overpowered. Their base army is balanced but they have a lot of overpowered commanders and call-in units.

Guards slightly over perform.

Shock troopers don't require you to do any creative flanking as with panzergrenadiers and these squads are too powerful in general. You can just bum-rush squad in green cover, even panzergrenadiers/sturmpioniers, and force them to retreat. A grenadier squad or volksgrenadier squad in green cover can be forced to retreat without even killing a shock trooper model in the process. Combine shock troopers with For Mother Russia and there is nothing your opponent can do except just mass retreat and stay in his base for a minute.

Stalling for call-ins is too easy and too rewarding. This puts a very large risk on getting light vehicles as axis because you are going to need all the fuel you can get to counter the extremely potent T34/85s and IS-2s. (this problem of course also exist for Wehrmacht mechanized assault)

PTRS conscripts are extremely broken. You can just blob these units and win. They can't be countered by HMGs, light vehicles can only be used against them if you are Jesulin, and they will wreck AT guns/mortars/leIGs in 1 burst if you have 3~4 PTRS conscript squads. Utterly ridiculous.

Demo charges need to be removed from the soviets. There used to be a time where you needed them to even out the score against superior german infantry, but this time has long gone. Soviets no longer need this crutch; especially with everybody using the powerful soviet commanders 99.99% of the time.

IDK if i'd call them OP but i do believe they are currently the best faction and many of the quoted reasons are why
13 Apr 2015, 13:07 PM

Only Soviets let you lose up to 4 squads a game and still win. Their durability and cheap reinforce costs means it's far too easy to spam for map control and stall till call-ins. 5 man squads result in fewer squad wipes. They are more flexible than US early and midgame thanks to support weapons and the Zis is superior to the US at gun, and only marginally worse than the Pak.

Soviets also have more wipe potential over the course of the entire game than any other faction thanks to the aforementioned mines and demos, flame engie spam, and later call-in tanks.

PTRS is also batshit broken.

13 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

Soviets are the strongest faction, but i dont think they are OP. They are the strongest faction because alot of stuff they have is viable. Cons is viable, gaurds are viable, shocks are viable, t-34/85s are viable, is-2s are viable, T3 is viable (T4 is viable in 2v2+), M4C shermans are viable, T1, T2 is viable, penals are pretty good.

I also fail to see why soviets were balanced last patch, yet horribly OP this patch, because axis early game got buffed. (MG-42,sniper, raketenwerfer againts M3s). Democharges were nerfed as well, which is why they were balanecd last patch but need to removed this patch.

The only soviet unit that got buffed is gaurds....

This really is just fail logic..

Also shock troopers being OP is just WutFace If you have problems with gaurds, then that might be a problem but problem with shocks is just a massive L2P issue
13 Apr 2015, 13:43 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 13:09 PMBurts
Democharges were nerfed as well, which is why they were balanecd last patch but need to removed this patch.

Democharges didn't get nerfed in any way. An armor decrease so that you can actually disarm them without using ammo for grenades or getting blown up is not a nerf. They're as strong as before.

They don't have to be removed but I'd change one tiny thing:

Demo charges should only be useable on structures like houses, wire, bridges, bunkers etc. - that's what "demolition" charges were and should be used for.
13 Apr 2015, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 12:29 PMKatitof

Veto semoisky, bystra voda and stalingrad and one you don't like, enjoy mostly balanced map pool.

Langres balanced ? Ever tried to win as US against southern Wehr ?
Semoisky Winter as Wehr ? Good luck !
What about Crossing in the woods as US ?
La Gleize as Axis ?

Not to mention the asymetrical maps that give certain sides an advantage way more significant than the faction. E.g. Kholodny or Faymonville.
13 Apr 2015, 13:44 PM

Democharges didn't get nerfed in any way. An armor decrease so that you can actually disarm them without using ammo for grenades or getting blown up is not a nerf. They're as strong as before.

Demo charges should only be useable on structures like houses, wire, bridges, bunkers etc. - that's what "demolition" charges were and should be used for.

They did get nerfed since before the only way to get rid of them (and not 100% garuanteed) was to throw a grenade, which costs alot of munitions.
13 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 13:44 PMBurts

They did get nerfed since before the only way to get rid of them (and not 100% garuanteed) was to throw a grenade, which costs alot of munitions.

Well, you could also try to remove them with your sweeper squad.

Anyway, it's not a nerf IMO. They still do the same damage and they cost the same. The only difference is that they can be removed like any other mine now. I'd call it a tweak, not a nerf.
13 Apr 2015, 13:51 PM

The game promotes using demos to destroy ice or incoming armor in surprise. There will be no changes in the usage of demo charges.
13 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

Right now game looks like this from my experience.
Su = Most OP you can make mistakes and come back no problem with Soviets. Great callins, PTRS, low MP costs and reinforcement costs.

Ostheer = Little UP due the teching cost otherwise best rounded faction in the game IMHO. When you play Ostheer you always have answer to enemy faction with combined arms.

USF = Balanced has great timings but mostly starved on MP due high amouts of infantry early to mid game.

OKW = Underpowered in this patch struggling in every game phase against both USF and SU. The nerfs were too harsh on Obers and KT. Volks v5 nerf and Reketen buffs were good move tho!
13 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM

This poll is so vague, how are Soviets OP against Whermacht? I can see OKW struggling against Soviet cheese, but Whermacht? I think this Poll should take into consideration how each army can counter rather than vague statement.
13 Apr 2015, 14:50 PM
Patrion 14

Feels pretty balanced. But in my opionion sov is the "strongest" faction.
13 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

You know it's too late to fix your reputation when people don't take anything you say seriously :P

When played to the maximum potential (best players, optimum vetoes, continual picking of most powerful strategies and commanders in every situation, every dirty trick used and abused (ghost wiring and sandbagging, truckpushing, etc), I'd guess Soviets for 1s and 2s. You could quite feasibly always go guard motor every single game OR shock rifle every game and reach top 20, and if you actually picked shock rifle or guard motor depending on the situation, go all the way to the #1 position, I think.

You could go all the way to the number one slot if you used those tactics and you know, were the best at the faction..

and even then you'd lose to other factions while playing soviets as Paul (current soviet #1) has done many times, several available on youtube.

13 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

soviets are really OP with those lock on heat seeking AT grenades that even hitting the frontal armor of a tank, damages its engine... shock trops (rape troops) without the need of an ppsh upgrade... mid game is2 spam and ultimate OP raping machine, the b4...
13 Apr 2015, 16:33 PM

soviets are really OP with those lock on heat seeking AT grenades that even hitting the frontal armor of a tank, damages its engine... shock trops (rape troops) without the need of an ppsh upgrade... mid game is2 spam and ultimate OP raping machine, the b4...

Hi lolcake.
We missed you.
13 Apr 2015, 16:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Soviets are the closest to OP, especially in this meta, though I would say Guard Motor is the doctrine that makes them in this state.

-Need elite infantry who can now fight all other infantry well? Guards.

-Want a near unwipeable artillery unit that hits hard, can wipe out units and do it from a very safe distance? 120mm Mortar.

-Need a one click to automatically force the enemy tank off and allows you to kill it in one less shot that never goes away even when the plane's down? Mark Target.

-Need something that does well against every unit but heavies and is maneuverable, quick and has a ton of hit points? Dual T-34/85s.

While the Shock Rifle Frontline doctrine is strong, it's not to the extent of Guard Motor. IS-2s, while tough, aren't fast enough to run down all other mediums on the field, must be exposed to ATGs more, lack the fire support of a 120mm to help clear/wipe units outside of incendiary barrage, and I find it harder to kill dual 85s since they have a combined hit point pool of 1600 while being fast tanks.

13 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 12:29 PMKatitof

But the vetoes are already used to get rid of snow maps with blizzards. :(
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight