Login

russian armor

British Faction, what do you want to see?

PAGES (17)down
10 Apr 2015, 04:51 AM

All I want is an actual heavy tank counter. None of this Soviet mediocre dual purpose shit, or US mobile but lighter AT shit. Just a big ass AT gun that will make german players think twice about charging tigers straight into my front lines.
10 Apr 2015, 05:58 AM

Introducing a new faction is a bad idea for balance, 4 factions are enough.

But ... if they need to be put in the game and nothing can change Lelic glorious "roadmap".... what I don't want to see it's a british faction similar to vcoh. Not because it was bad designed but because we have a similar faction in the game and that is OKW with its trucks. No, if brits will be introduced in the game, I want COH keeps its basic rule: in order to play with a new faction you should virtually learn the game again because each faction is different. So I expect a new concept.
Related to units, of course brits had many types of weapons, but please, PIATs - if they appear - they should not perform so ridiculously well (that was the most penible hand held AT weapon in the war, let's face it). Brits should rely on their good infantry and commandos, air force and artilery. Those were their strengths, not their ridiculous tanks among wich just 2 deserve mentioned: the firefly and the challanger. And maybe a potent TD like Achilles.
10 Apr 2015, 06:06 AM
Patrion 14

all commonwelath forces represented. as much as possible. devil's brigade, anzac, indians, asians, middle eastern, north african etc etc. tired of looking at only white men fighting.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 05:58 AMJohnnyB
Introducing a new faction is a bad idea for balance, 4 factions are enough. ...

+1
10 Apr 2015, 06:06 AM

The stock TD should be the 17 pounder achilles. It has M10 Wolverine HP/Armor, but with a better/longer range gun. The Sherman Firefly will be doctrinal; it has an identical gun, but armour/HP to match a regular USF Sherman.

The design of the faction should be a strong core of British units (maybe one or two LL things since they did use a shitload in the war) with the doctrines providing either foriegn units, or foreign equipment. So there coulud be a Canadian doctrine that provides some other commonwealth stuff, then there might be a doctrine that gives you a regular Sherman medium tank to skip a tier if you still want mediums. Stuff like that.

Other units I'd like to see, whether stock or doctrinal:

- Sexton Self Propelled Artillery (25 pounder)
- Valentine Tank
- Churchill Tank
- Cromwell Tank

Units that might be appropriate but might be too similar/overlapping:
- Challenger tank
- 95mm Centaur variant (SpART; possibly Brumbar-like)
10 Apr 2015, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 06:06 AMpigsoup
all commonwelath forces represented. as much as possible. devil's brigade, anzac, indians, asians, middle eastern, north african etc etc. tired of looking at only white men fighting.

+1

And why would they do that primarily for the commonwealth? The Germans had Indians, Africans and Middle eastern regiments aswell.

Source:
Free Indian Legion, Afrika Korps, 13 & 21st Waffen Mountain Divisions.
10 Apr 2015, 08:43 AM

- core infantry unit should be stereotypical British talking about god save the king and big ben etc
- Irish Scottish, and Welsh also
- Australian Infantry
- Polish Anders Army Commander
- Matilda/ M3 Grant CDL (Canal Defence Light)- A big light on a tank that stuns enemy infantry
- Churchill recovery vehicle, same as bergetiger
- SAS with vickers MG mounted jeeps
- De Haviland Mosquito / Hawker Hurricane
- Grand Slam bombs - 10,000kg earthquake bombs to detonate underground
10 Apr 2015, 09:04 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 06:34 AMJason

And why would they do that primarily for the commonwealth? The Germans had Indians, Africans and Middle eastern regiments aswell.

Source:
Free Indian Legion, Afrika Korps, 13 & 21st Waffen Mountain Divisions.

There is a difference.

I do not want to derail this thread - so essentially, the Axis did not seem to obtain much of a return from their ethnic recruits in the Free Indian Legion, Afrika Korps, 13 & 21st Waffen Mountain Divisions, who were mostly ex-PoWs, or escaping forced labour.

http://www.feldgrau.com/azadhind.html

Whereas the Allied units referred to in post #43, were important fighting troops of the Allies, but in campaigns so far not covered by Relic. (You could start a thread about this in the library, if you wish)

Back to topic
10 Apr 2015, 09:15 AM

I'd like to see Kangaroos, Staghounds, inf blob, PIAT spam, arty spam :snfBarton:
10 Apr 2015, 09:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

TOGs

Tortoises

Panjandrums

Mosquitos

Typhoons

CDLs

Jeeps with K-Guns

Bren Guns

Hawkins Grenades

Tetrachs

Bren Carriers

Preying Mantis

10 Apr 2015, 09:57 AM

Give me Sten's and 17 pounders pls
10 Apr 2015, 09:58 AM

The stock TD should be the 17 pounder achilles. It has M10 Wolverine HP/Armor, but with a better/longer range gun. The Sherman Firefly will be doctrinal; it has an identical gun, but armour/HP to match a regular USF Sherman.

The design of the faction should be a strong core of British units (maybe one or two LL things since they did use a shitload in the war) with the doctrines providing either foriegn units, or foreign equipment. So there coulud be a Canadian doctrine that provides some other commonwealth stuff, then there might be a doctrine that gives you a regular Sherman medium tank to skip a tier if you still want mediums. Stuff like that.

Other units I'd like to see, whether stock or doctrinal:

- Sexton Self Propelled Artillery (25 pounder)
- Valentine Tank
- Churchill Tank
- Cromwell Tank

Units that might be appropriate but might be too similar/overlapping:
- Challenger tank
- 95mm Centaur variant (SpART; possibly Brumbar-like)
The achilles won't be the stock TD. It would be too much like USF and the jackson.
10 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM

I'm thinking the British will have a large emphasis on infantry and artillery support.
10 Apr 2015, 10:23 AM

Give back Commando plane crash to tanks, KT will be not a problem anymore :D - Best coh1 times :banana:
10 Apr 2015, 10:28 AM

Is it gonna be 5 factions? 3 allies faction/2 axis?
10 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM

More artillery/Indirect fire to Allies arsenal please :)

Sit back, keep calm and arty on :)

No skill is required just press a button :)
10 Apr 2015, 10:47 AM
Donator 11

PLEASE NO F******** Kangaroo Carrier!
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Kangaroo_Carrier

I hope they will receive some heavy armor and maybe the 17 pound AT Gun?
I think the allies already have enough lethal arti e.g. Priest, B4, 152mm Howitzer

But I think the release of the brits will have quite a big impact on the balance between axis and allies in the negative way.
After the release allies (3) are fighting against axies (2) which have not that great variety like the allies have.
10 Apr 2015, 11:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

FFS it's not like Axis are going to be outnumbered 3:2 in every match.

It will still be even numbers on each side, now that might make Axis slightly harder because they have to be ready to counter more things but it's not the end of the world
10 Apr 2015, 11:15 AM
Patrion 15

i dont wish for any special units but for a conservative approach to the way the faction as a whole is designed.

after the four factions from coh1 plus the four factions of coh2 most good ideas and more than a few bad ideas have been implemented in the game already.

instead of coming up with another way of basebuilding, tech, veterancy or the 10th variant of a granade, relic should stick to things that have been working in the past.

there are still some good ideas from coh1 that have not made it into coh2 yet. those could be used to set the british apart from the exiting armys. they could get an early vehicle like the jeep, a supplyard for global upgrades, some lategame superinfantry (victorian cross holders :)), a two man builder squad like vcoh wehrmacht, the choice between offensive and defensive veterancy like the panzer elite. the rest of the faction should just be a well rounded mix of the existing armys prefereably influenced more by the original vCoh factions and the Coh2 ostheer.

i would much rather have a rather boring but well tested new faction than one that has a lot of unseen features which might turn out "gimmicky". the more relic tried throughout the coh series to come up with someting fresh, the bigger the tanks have gotten that you could put in stealth mode. so please relic, no churchill tank with a vet1 60 munitions stealth-overdive upgrade!
10 Apr 2015, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 10:28 AMAladdin
Is it gonna be 5 factions? 3 allies faction/2 axis?

For the first amount of time probably yes.
As far as we know they are currently working on only one new faction.
10 Apr 2015, 12:26 PM

The achilles won't be the stock TD. It would be too much like USF and the jackson.

They're going to wind up with some similar units no matter what they pick. If they have a turreted TD that has more armor/health, it will be creeping in on Panther territory (e.g. the Firefly) while if it's a glass cannon it will either be like the M36 or the M10 in several ways. It's not a major problem if one or two units are similar to other extant units. As long as the faction overall feels distinct.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS