Login

russian armor

T34/76 should get a slight buff

4 Apr 2015, 10:09 AM

Except it does? The T34 and PIV's anti infantry are almost exactly the same except for the MG's, which should both be the same, why they aren't already is a mystery only Relic knows the answer.

The T34 doesn't have accuracy issues on it's main gun, it has issues with the fact they accidentally gave it a huge reload.

So weird, that i feel 2 times as confident against infantry when using the P4...

i must suck hard at this game.
4 Apr 2015, 10:47 AM
Donator 33

So weird, that i feel 2 times as confident against infantry when using the P4...

That's probaby because the PanzerIV has more powerful MGs.

Its main gun misses pretty often (like the T-34) but its MGs are quite strong.
4 Apr 2015, 11:10 AM

personally i want the su-76 buffed to a "zis on treads" state and the 34/76 then changed to a high (relative to IV) armour, low pen AI platform.

Then all AT would be in T4 and all AI would be in T3.

This is a good idea though if the T70 and SU-76 swiched tiers.
4 Apr 2015, 19:23 PM

Because the PIV has a shorter reload which makes every missed shot seem less important. The IS and Tiger have almost exactly the same scatter to and everyone complains the IS2 is inaccurate, but that's because it has a lower ROF so every missed shot seems worse.
4 Apr 2015, 19:26 PM

So no1 would ever build T3 again....best harrasser and AI killer is the T-70, also maphacks with hack for katys and Su-85s :P
4 Apr 2015, 19:27 PM

T-34/76's issue is that it's not as disposable as it should have been.
4 Apr 2015, 19:51 PM

T-34/76's issue is that it's not as disposable as it should have been.

No T3 armored unit is or should be disposable.
You have slightly easier time replacing them as soviets, but it doesn't matter that much if their impact is significantly lesser as well.
4 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

No T3 armored unit is or should be disposable.
You have slightly easier time replacing them as soviets, but it doesn't matter that much if their impact is significantly lesser as well.

Early game? No.

When Panthers and King Tigers are running amok with Pak43 and Elefants and basically the best tank killing tanks in the game?

That's when T-34/76 should be disposable.
4 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because the PIV has a shorter reload which makes every missed shot seem less important. The IS and Tiger have almost exactly the same scatter to and everyone complains the IS2 is inaccurate, but that's because it has a lower ROF so every missed shot seems worse.

Maaaaayyybbbbe it's just both? Shoots less often, miss more, compounded into being far worse in practice?

...not to claim redonkulous one-shots aren't still happening...

Early game? No.

When Panthers and King Tigers are running amok with Pak43 and Elefants and basically the best tank killing tanks in the game?

That's when T-34/76 should be disposable.

Well, they were. Then they fortunately realized it was dumb and correspondingly nerfed Ram and cost, and upped AT performance.

Unfortunately the former two changes were much more than the latter one...
4 Apr 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 20:24 PMVuther

Maaaaayyybbbbe it's just both? Shoots less often, miss more, compounded into being far worse in practice?

The accuracy is so close between the Tiger and the IS2 or the PIV and T34/76 that the reload has far more of an effect on actual damage being done.
5 Apr 2015, 04:39 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, i intended to say with a switch of the t70 and su-76. other wise, as you pointed out, it's retarded.
5 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM

Its needs to be cheaper, not get a buff.

Just as much as a allies player fews some panthers late game, Axis should few a good number of T-34s from a Soviet player.

Just doesn't happen with there performance and there cost.
5 Apr 2015, 15:45 PM

Fuck armor and HP buffs, this unit isn't supposed to be super strong or anything. I would just like to see a slight pen-buff
5 Apr 2015, 16:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 21:53 PMBurts
It needs more accuracy againts infantry, it misses way too much compared to the PIV and sherman which cost very similar.

This
5 Apr 2015, 19:30 PM

This

This isn't true
5 Apr 2015, 19:34 PM

Fuck armor and HP buffs, this unit isn't supposed to be super strong or anything. I would just like to see a slight pen-buff

I'd rather see its coax and hull MGs being buffed, cannon is useless enough against front armor of anything with tracks.

Its the only generalist tank that is completely ineffective against infantry-if you won't crush it, you won't kill it.
5 Apr 2015, 19:39 PM

I'd rather see its coax and hull MGs being buffed, cannon is useless enough against front armor of anything with tracks.

Its the only generalist tank that is completely ineffective against infantry-if you won't crush it, you won't kill it.

By this logic the PIV would be absolutely useless without the MG's on it. You are correct it's MG's need a buff, but if that's done there is very little that the PIV and T34/76 wouldn't have in common.

The main gun doesn't have issues penning Axis mediums at all, the issue is that Axis mediums either don't exist or are not part of the common meta, so the T34 is almost always punching up.
5 Apr 2015, 19:45 PM

By this logic the PIV would be absolutely useless without the MG's on it. You are correct it's MG's need a buff, but if that's done there is very little that the PIV and T34/76 wouldn't have in common.

The main gun doesn't have issues penning Axis mediums at all, the issue is that Axis mediums either don't exist or are not part of the common meta, so the T34 is almost always punching up.

Except P4 got accurate gun and stronger coaxials AND pintle.
You're making an ass of yourself as usual.
I slowly start to think that you need to be wrong all the time or you'll die or something.
Also no one gives a shit about axis mediums performance, this is T34/76 thread, if you want to talk axis mediums, make a thread about them.
5 Apr 2015, 19:53 PM

Both p4 and the t-34 could use a penetration buff. they currently have 120. make it 160 so both remain relevant when heavies appear.
5 Apr 2015, 20:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 19:53 PMZyllen
Both p4 and the t-34 could use a penetration buff. they currently have 120. make it 160 so both remain relevant when heavies appear.

Better choice would be to reduce heavies' rear armour. Increasing their pen to 160 would really fuck with their combat balance with many other vehicles (like against each other).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★