Login

russian armor

Relic's Roadmap

PAGES (7)down
3 Apr 2015, 09:43 AM

3 Apr 2015, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 08:43 AMGooper
Congratulations on the Relic Team for their communication...this game is a terrific one and I am excited with what has been laid out...the last ten years have been great...the next ten will be as well !

Cynthia you shouldn't be so obvious when making troll accounts.
3 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM
3 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 09:37 AMAffe
3rd german faction would be cool but what is with OKW? If they put all These Units into a 3rd german faction then they wont have anything left to put it into a OKW commander.

Maybe, but I'd be okay with that for one reason. In CoH's early days, Relic relied on quantity over quality. Wehrmacht and Soviet have dozens of Commanders, but the majority of them are rehashes and mish-mashes of abilities used by other Commanders. Some time before the release of WFA they altered their game plan to put quality over quantity, releasing new and unique Commanders for Ost and Sov. This is also shown in OKW and USF, they have unique Commanders with minimal overlap.

Plus, with the Fortifications Doctrine, Relic has shown they don't particularly mind reusing units or abilities from other factions, so the point is rather moot. OKW can still have a Hetzer if Relic wants them to, even if a new faction already had one. :)
3 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM

I think ppl forget axis faction that come with british army at vcoh

If multiplayer focus on 1944 - 1945

The third axis army should be Panzer Division or Panzer Elite, because their unit not in coh2 (eg. jagdpanther, hetzer, hummel, marder, etc.) and operation market garden is happen in 1944

Sorry fot my bad english skill

The third German faction is ridiculous. This must be one of the German allies (Italy, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria) or combination of them.

3 Apr 2015, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 10:02 AMNebaka

The third German faction is ridiculous. This must be one of the German allies (Italy, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria) or combination of them.

Perhaps we could meet halfway? My thoughts would be Afrika Korps that has Italian T1 and T2 units, with Germans as elite infantry and Panzer IIIs. Italy would be nice, but I am not sure they could be viable with such limited armour.
raw
3 Apr 2015, 10:28 AM

There is 99.9% chance it will be.

Could be the japanese. Or italy.
3 Apr 2015, 10:44 AM

100% it's the brits....british related leaks can be found on coh2.org, the helmet is british on the roadmap, Churchill was on the background wall during the stream.

Cut the 3rd axis faction...
3 Apr 2015, 10:44 AM

Cynthia you shouldn't be so obvious when making troll accounts.

LoL
3 Apr 2015, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 10:25 AMSeeker

Perhaps we could meet halfway? My thoughts would be Afrika Korps that has Italian T1 and T2 units, with Germans as elite infantry and Panzer IIIs. Italy would be nice, but I am not sure they could be viable with such limited armour.

I am sure that it will not be Afrika Korps. There are two reasons:

1. The early period of the war.
2. Afrika Korps is African maps. African maps is new models and textures. New models and textures is not that Relic like.
3 Apr 2015, 10:58 AM

The new faction is UK, here are some Hollywood style proof:

-Some clue in game files.
-There were pictures of Churchill and British commandos on the background.
-The icon in road map is a British soldier.

Anyway, I'm worried. Both balance and technical problems are a mess. I hope they fix the game (bugs at least) and then go ahead and add another faction.
3 Apr 2015, 11:01 AM

I am confident it will be Brits, I was just brainstorming a third axis faction. Then if it is pretty certain that Brits will return, what will be their gimmick/design. OKW stole their trucks:p
3 Apr 2015, 11:03 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:01 AMSeeker
I am confident it will be Brits, I was just brainstorming a third axis faction. Then if it is pretty certain that Brits will return, what will be their gimmick/design. OKW stole their trucks:p

I want a truck with a 17 pounder on top :)
3 Apr 2015, 11:25 AM

It says "New faction" not "New factions", so maybe the british will be added without a german counterpart :snfCHVGame:

But when they add the british and the german/italian Afrikakorps, that would be more a "early War", and so an "early Game"-faction with a lot of light vehicles. Especially the british. (the germans had at least a tiger in africa).
So I would suggest to split the british in one africa-part (T1-T3 Valentine, Mathilda) and one western-front-part (T4 Firefly, cromwell) for multiplayer instead of making an own matchmaking for the new faction like suggested before (this would spread the playerbase too much)
When they add a campagne, they could also realize this split. (e.g. after victory in Africa, the company will be deployed in the normandie).
Also I would like to see a german campagne.
3 Apr 2015, 11:27 AM

Ayyyyy third faction confirmed

3 Apr 2015, 11:31 AM

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that yes cool new faction, but what about OKW and USF? They just get nothing now? It's been out almost a year now and nothing new for them :/

It was nice to see Relic take a step in the right direction, but try to at least have some details about stuff to give us "New stuff coming! - Can tell you What, but not any real details about it"

It is nice to know whats coming but not when we get so few details about it - good try tho, moving in the right direction, keep it up.
3 Apr 2015, 11:36 AM

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that yes cool new faction, but what about OKW and USF? They just get nothing now? It's been out almost a year now and nothing new for them :/

It was nice to see Relic take a step in the right direction, but try to at least have some details about stuff to give us "New stuff coming! - Can tell you What, but not any real details about it"

It is nice to know whats coming but not when we get so few details about it - good try tho, moving in the right direction, keep it up.

Pretty sure custom commanders will be in "soon". So I guess, anything new released in way of commanders, would soon be redundant. Then you'd have the whole forum exploding because "rip off, they knew about custom commanders, and still took my money".
3 Apr 2015, 11:55 AM

Pretty sure custom commanders will be in "soon". So I guess, anything new released in way of commanders, would soon be redundant. Then you'd have the whole forum exploding because "rip off, they knew about custom commanders, and still took my money".

I guess so, but why not announce that instead of say new faction, when they could probably provide us with some info on this rather than "New faction, that is all" We kinda know both are coming (Unless custom commanders gets scrapped) but I think they way they revealed WFA with some GAMEPLAY Trailers was great, built a lot of hype and then they were out a month or two later.

Don't get me wrong, this is a huge step in the right direction and I know the community exploded over "OMG NEW FACTION, GONNA BE AWESOME/IMBALANCE" but just the "roadmap" in general is much needed, it is something a lot of other Multiplayer focused game studios have done for years and Relic is way behind in the times.
3 Apr 2015, 12:34 PM

I think it's a mistake to add a new faction in the current state of the game. I really hope they fix the bugs and balance first.

I think the plan is to release a big "change pack" with the new faction, new ingame store and microtransaction stuff this summer.
3 Apr 2015, 13:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 10:56 AMNebaka

I am sure that it will not be Afrika Korps. There are two reasons:

1. The early period of the war.
2. Afrika Korps is African maps. African maps is new models and textures. New models and textures is not that Relic like.

Arika korps fought in 1943 which is when most of the advanced vehicles were produced such as Tiger and Elefant. There was Tiger tanks in afrika korps.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS