Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
4 Apr 2015, 20:06 PM

CoH1 was and everyone praises it like it was the best thing ever since the invention of beer.

Well, I'm not one of those idealists. :D
4 Apr 2015, 20:11 PM

CoH1 was and everyone praises it like it was the best thing ever since the invention of beer.

You can't really counter blobs other way then by using something that instantly gibs them like demos, stuka, offmaps, pin planes(not really gibs them, but you can do anything you want with them after).

As long as there is no "negative zeal" that would INCREASE rec accuracy on the blobbed squads, the blobbing will always persist.

Artillery is the greatest counter to blobs, unfortunately Relic seems allergic to putting more of it in the game for ~reasons~.
4 Apr 2015, 20:13 PM

Katitof pretty much nailed the medicine to blobbing ^^

+1
4 Apr 2015, 22:43 PM

Give Axis cloaked Goliath to counter this Blobs effektive
4 Apr 2015, 23:56 PM

Give Axis cloaked Goliath to counter this Blobs effektive

I wish relic would hand out a dlc that gives every faction new core units they need. Just like Blizzard does.
5 Apr 2015, 00:03 AM

I wish relic would hand out a dlc that gives every faction new core units they need. Just like Blizzard does.

Oh you mean a full priced game 'DLC', And still ends up fucking it up. (No terran gound based aa other than marine, Protoss still a move, Zerg still gimmicky with poor AOE options, And then finally the whole fiasco with Warhound in hots beta)

Yeah, No blizzard balance please, Their idea of 'Balance' destroyed WoW.
(Reinventing the wheel every xpac of every game)
5 Apr 2015, 10:26 AM

Alex for once I agree with you, I've been playing more since patch and people are abusing the ptrs. Either cons blob or guards blob, these kind of people are just as bad and probably the same people who blobbed volks. They need to be weeded out of the game for everyone's sake and the only way to do that is fix their ability to abuse game mechanics Relic is too slow to fix.

"Abusing" is scrub mentality. Wanting to make people play the game according to your rules of honor is scrub mentality. Don't blame the players for wanting to win. And if they win by blobbing PTRS conspripts then so be it. It may not be desired balance, but blaming players will never be the right focus. They are not bad players if you lost to this tactic. And I assume you did as people don't commonly complain about people they won against. They are the better players since they employed the more effective gameplay to win the game.
5 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM
Patrion 14

Artillery is the greatest counter to blobs, unfortunately Relic seems allergic to putting more of it in the game for ~reasons~.

Artillery and indirect fire used to be very potent, which just resulted in the 2 sides sitting on their territory shelling each other for the rest of the game. That's why howies were readjusted. Having too good artillery has it's negetive gameplay implication just like having too weak options.
5 Apr 2015, 10:48 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

In the video is OP. But someone should put a video of spam Pfusiliers or InfJaeger to compare.
5 Apr 2015, 10:52 AM

People please watch this one,and can you tell me what i could do to stop this
5 Apr 2015, 15:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If you do not receive a reasoned response here, niksa, I would suggest you renew your request in OKW Strategies

http://www.coh2.org/forum/101/okw-strategies
5 Apr 2015, 15:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Balance and fixed title
5 Apr 2015, 15:47 PM
Patrion 14

If they just increase the cost of the PTRS it would be fine. Played yesterday versus someone with the anti-tank doctrine. He upgraded one or two squads with it, that wasnt a problem.

It was a fun fight btw :)
5 Apr 2015, 16:06 PM
Donator 33

In the video is OP. But someone should put a video of spam Pfusiliers or InfJaeger to compare.

Spam often leads to blobs but it is something different.

I don't mind people spamming a certain unit type, I don't even mind people blobbing (especially as Allies).

If a Pfusilier / Jaeger Inf blob gets suppressed by a HMG you have to take action and split up your blob or try to nade that HMG or both.

If a PTRS blob gets suppressed (like in that video) you have to do nothing. Your opponent either retreats or he'll lose his support weapon.

The only way to strop PTRS blobbers is to have an even bigger blob of your own inf because HMGs simply get rekt.

Now let's take a look at relic's changelog:

"To reduce the effectiveness of blobbing we’re looking to

improve the already existing blob counters, in non-lethal ways
promote and encourage ‘combined arms’"

What did relic do?

- MG42s receives a damage buff
- PTRS allow Soviets to blob even harder AND
- PTRS blobs harcounter support weapons

Such a fail...
5 Apr 2015, 16:29 PM

It's an anti material/ anti armor rifle, it's going to do some damage to a person.
5 Apr 2015, 16:40 PM

Artillery and indirect fire used to be very potent, which just resulted in the 2 sides sitting on their territory shelling each other for the rest of the game. That's why howies were readjusted. Having too good artillery has it's negetive gameplay implication just like having too weak options.
No it wasn't. It just used to last longer, but have a crazy reload time. So the only thing it was used for was destroying your enemies base after 2-3 shots.

It was changed so players would use it for combat rather then a countdown to defeat by base destruction.
5 Apr 2015, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
I ve watched few replays by now. Some of them were just troll reapys cause of losing but I can say that Guards with PTRS are perfectly fine.
Although Cons spam might be problematic - yet it's not different than LMG Gren spam.

Yeah no, I've climbed the ladder to rank 22 strictly from blobbing ptrs conscripts over 30 games, just to see if I could. You can't do this shit with only lmg gren spamming. Lmg grens can't blow up machine guns from the front in green cover. I'm not an amazing player, I shouldn't be able to do this. OPtrs is horseshit. You're not using them right. Ptrs removes the need for combined arms. All I do is build 8 scripts and 3 t34/76s on average.

Cheese and bullshit > skill.
5 Apr 2015, 17:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No it wasn't. It just used to last longer, but have a crazy reload time

Remember that LefH cooldown started inmediatly after the first shot was fired, resulting on non stop barrage after you got vet2.
5 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM

Because Coh1 arty fests were not very much fun, and Relic does not want to reproduce those results (Relic has commented on this).

Now its pretty strange under these reasons they put in the walking stuka but hey, why not.

Artillery needs some love, but I never want to see the old panzerwerfer a month into this game that devastated everything, Think of the katushy percision shot but a larger aoe circle and that is what Soviets had to deal with (WFA didnt exist yet)
5 Apr 2015, 17:22 PM

Yeah no, I've climbed the ladder to rank 22 strictly from blobbing ptrs conscripts over 30 games, just to see if I could. You can't do this shit with only lmg gren spamming. Lmg grens can't blow up machine guns from the front in green cover. I'm not an amazing player, I shouldn't be able to do this. OPtrs is horseshit. You're not using them right. Ptrs removes the need for combined arms. All I do is build 8 scripts and 3 t34/76s on average.

Cheese and bullshit > skill.

You are little unfair cause later (after another XX replays) I said it's too strong and should be much more expensive or ptrs should be nerfed for cons.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS