Login

russian armor

Command Panther

PAGES (7)down
4 Apr 2015, 14:16 PM

The panther already got nerfed (blitz alot slower.) If anything it needs a buff again. It gets crushed against hordes of T-34.
4 Apr 2015, 22:10 PM

Just replace the Command Panther's turret with a Panzer IV turret, so it doesn't serve as a call-in replacement for the Panther.

4 Apr 2015, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
lol command panther is not OP.
6 Apr 2015, 02:16 AM

The only thing I don't like about it is the increased sight range. I think it's fine otherwise.
8 Apr 2015, 12:10 PM

And reckon that can not be shot down and is cheapest of all and IR StGs that ignore cover and invalidate shocks play.
4 out of 5 abilities are great in the doctrine.

The flare is alright but the IR guns for obers is meh because it makes them close range shocks rather than PEWPEWPEW long range killers. (and all these abilities are munitions heavy so it is dependent on your muni income)
8 Apr 2015, 12:25 PM

The flare is alright but the IR guns for obers is meh because it makes them close range shocks rather than PEWPEWPEW long range killers. (and all these abilities are munitions heavy so it is dependent on your muni income)

You couldn't be any more wrong here.
IR StGs out DPS every single allied squad short of double LMG paras and rifles at long range and they have additional benefit of ignoring cover.
They become lethal at close range, nothing changes for mid range except ignoring cover and they are only about 20% worse then LMGs at long range.

That upgrade literally have no drawback other then being doctrinal.

Also I love Someguys idea, except I would put it on stock panther instead of changing command one, that would give OKW beefed up KV-1 medium/heavy general tank like unit and would be really unique.
OKW isn't on short end when it comes to AT, so exchanging the turret and gun on stock panther would be a nice improvement, it could then get a cost decrease.
8 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

Just replace the Command Panther's turret with a Panzer IV turret, so it doesn't serve as a call-in replacement for the Panther.

looks like you beat me I was fixing to make the same exact suggestion!
8 Apr 2015, 16:32 PM

Making the CPV very good against infantry by giving it the same gun as the PIV would probably result in it being spammed more, and used a lot more than it is now.
8 Apr 2015, 17:40 PM

You couldn't be any more wrong here.
IR StGs out DPS every single allied squad short of double LMG paras and rifles at long range and they have additional benefit of ignoring cover.
They become lethal at close range, nothing changes for mid range except ignoring cover and they are only about 20% worse then LMGs at long range.

That upgrade literally have no drawback other then being doctrinal.

I forgot the numbers as regular obers were OP enough as is, regular Panther is just as good (if not better because it is cheaper and vet abilities buff it more since it isnt an aura), and there were better commanders. With the new nurfs, it could be a top tier commander but the munition heavy nature & late game nature(OKW doesn't need late game help) of commander may keep it from being #1 (as well as obers not being ZOMG OP anymore).
nee
8 Apr 2015, 18:55 PM

I don't see what's the problem. You'd need a good team to actually take advantage of the Command Panther's buff aura to begin with, and might I add the more vehicles the merrier. Impossible to get to vet5 unless microing the Panther and spamming Sturmpioniers with repair upgrade is all you do in a game, most especially if in a larger game setting where it is easier to be swarmed by enemy armour at once. Never mind the higher cost and late-game unlock, where I am always torn between calling it in after my first Panther, but which almost ensures I have to wait for another long time on top of fuel transfer. And remember, the Command Panther gets vet for combat itself contributes to, not like USF officers who can soak XP from units around them.

I've always thought the buff aura is rather large though, what are it's exact radius stats? It seems huge, even on larger maps. Perhaps a slight reduction will encourage nearby vehicles to stick around closer, or at least make the Command Panther operate in a fire-brigade cheerleader role. The Pz4 Command Tank lacks firepower so it's pretty much forced to be in placed in the rear.
9 Apr 2015, 05:32 AM

Making the CPV very good against infantry by giving it the same gun as the PIV would probably result in it being spammed more, and used a lot more than it is now.

It would have less AI than a Sherman with AP loaded, it wouldn't be too bad. You wouldn't be able to use it as an all-seeing tank hunter that also buffs other tanks if it had a weaker turret.
9 Apr 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:55 PMnee
I don't see what's the problem. You'd need a good team to actually take advantage of the Command Panther's buff aura to begin with, and might I add the more vehicles the merrier.

The problem still is that the aura is multiplied by the number of units it influences. In teamgames this can be huge numbers of tanks (>5). Effectively it gives you more tanks on the field for no more micro requirement. Meanwhile it rises the micro required for Allied players because they now have to be very careful, and only engage to win.

The tank is cost effective in and of itself without helping your team. It also spots for itself.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS