Login

russian armor

RELIC abandoning COH2.

23 Mar 2015, 02:55 AM

More people not knowing what they're talking about

Seriousely guys, it's getting boring. wait till the patch and let the forums overflow with your complaints.

If I had a nickel for every time some guy says "wait till the patch comes out"

The only way I see this thing coming to life again. Is allowing the modding community do their thing ....like they did in COH1 ie - Blitzkrieg-Mod.

Haven't had an evening playing COH2 in months. For some reason I still cling to hope....
23 Mar 2015, 04:38 AM

I can all but promise you modding won't open again until the last expansion is released.

They won't do it because doing so will basically forfeit any further cash cow they currently have in mind, presumably any further expansions or DLC.
23 Mar 2015, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 02:55 AMLionRed

The only way I see this thing coming to life again. Is allowing the modding community do their thing ....like they did in COH1 ie - Blitzkrieg-Mod.

Haven't had an evening playing COH2 in months. For some reason I still cling to hope....

So what else do you want to hear?
The patch comes in one week. There won't be any changes before so any complaint won't help a thing.
Be patient or keep not playing the game. Simple as that.
23 Mar 2015, 10:00 AM
Patrion 14

^ NDA BREACH!!!! complaints = nerfs and buffs

Quick, someone send the Relic stronkmen after me!!
23 Mar 2015, 10:02 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 02:55 AMLionRed

If I had a nickel for every "relic doesn't care" or "relic abandoning coh2" thread I had the pleasure to read here, I could have bought my own Carribean island or gaming studio. Just saying.
23 Mar 2015, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 16:37 PMMittens
I don't think relic hates coh. A lot of the dlc is required by Sega( the people who pay the bills). The problem is the nda, it is really restrictive and doesn't allow for clear communication, the forms are split in 3, coh2.org, reddit, and their main forums which makes communication and general feel hard to find. They balance the game on 1v1 even though majority of the games played are 2v2s and 4v4s.

Relic needs a management shake up or for the Sega heads to gtfo or the game will fail. This patch is going to be a make or break for coh and they know it. All we can do is hope for the best and that relic is in full gear and ready for this.

I want more coh, I love it to death. We as the community need to stay positive and anyone who wants to continue to moan and complain needs to know that we belive it will get better. Even relic said they were having moral issues.

We as the community can make this game better

+1000 :clap::clap:
23 Mar 2015, 10:26 AM
Patrion 14

Gamers will always complain about everything. But if a lot of people are complaining about the same thing, maybe, just maybe, they have a point?

I will allow that "wait 'til the patch comes out" is a valid point. But if you are using that point to counter all criticism about months of inactivity and lukewarm attitude towards the franchise fans, then it better be a super-great, descended from heaven, balls-flattening, goddamn awesome patch.

What if the patch does not address all the problems? What if it addresses only half of them and introduces countless new ones? Will all the people who were telling us to wait for the patch collectively eat crow? I don't think so. After a brief disappointment the go-to attitude will be "wait for the NEXT patch, this one will be good, I promise."

And we will take this until another comparable RTS appears on the market and takes away the market share and Relic starts thinking "wow, players sure are fickle, there was literally nothing we could have done to prevent this".

Sorry if this sounds negative. Nobody wants this franchise to succeed more than I do.
23 Mar 2015, 11:00 AM
Patrion 28

If I had a nickel for every "relic doesn't care" or "relic abandoning coh2" thread I had the pleasure to read here, I could have bought my own Carribean island or gaming studio. Just saying.

probably true. and if you had a nickle for every time relic has delivered, particularly without fucking something else up, you'd be dirt poor.

moar bitterness
23 Mar 2015, 11:05 AM

I gave up a long time ago, it's expectations that cause you to feel consistently disappointed. The game is beyond buggy, runs like ass and has a host of game breaking issues but it is still enjoyable casually.

I think the main bulk of the "community" has already left, there isn't much we can hope to rebuild or encourage since the damage has already been done. Will there be an influx of players with a new expansion? Sure but that won't prevent the appalling retention rate for players from falling.

I don't even think an amazing expansion pack can pick the game up at this point, it's simply too late. Relic is probably going to pick up the pieces and hopefully drag this "5 year plan" out until a new project (if it hasn't already been in development) comes along.
23 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

I will allow that "wait 'til the patch comes out" is a valid point. But if you are using that point to counter all criticism about months of inactivity and lukewarm attitude towards the franchise fans, then it better be a super-great, descended from heaven, balls-flattening, goddamn awesome patch.

What if the patch does not address all the problems? What if it addresses only half of them and introduces countless new ones? Will all the people who were telling us to wait for the patch collectively eat crow? I don't think so. After a brief disappointment the go-to attitude will be "wait for the NEXT patch, this one will be good, I promise."

Quoted for truth. Once the patch is released the RELIC apologists excuse it away.

To all RELIC apologists: The 'bitching' and 'moaning' isn't always warranted, I grant you, but it is warranted now. In fact, with the treatment and attitude from RELIC, there's isn't ENOUGH bitching and moaning. If there was MORE moaning, if it was allowed to be freely expressed, if it was loud enough, we might actually get real change with the game. The official forums are moderated harshly. From day one no dissent or criticism was ever allowed. That's a poisonous attitude to have against your community.

Anyone who attempts to excuse RELIC's terrible mismanagement of both the game and community are fully discredited and definitely shouldn't be a MOD of a fan site that purports to look out for the interests of the community.

If the patch fails to be a ball draining mind fuck explosion of goodness, then RELIC should explain to us why and what the specific plans are for the future. And if they have no specific plans for the future--that's exactly what they should tell us. But at the very least, they should tell us.
23 Mar 2015, 14:30 PM

I gave up a long time ago, it's expectations that cause you to feel consistently disappointed. The game is beyond buggy, runs like ass and has a host of game breaking issues but it is still enjoyable casually.

I think the main bulk of the "community" has already left, there isn't much we can hope to rebuild or encourage since the damage has already been done. Will there be an influx of players with a new expansion? Sure but that won't prevent the appalling retention rate for players from falling.

I don't even think an amazing expansion pack can pick the game up at this point, it's simply too late. Relic is probably going to pick up the pieces and hopefully drag this "5 year plan" out until a new project (if it hasn't already been in development) comes along.

All that toxicity MVGame

Also, i don't really see the playerbase as dying. Compared to last year, it has grown quite significantly.
23 Mar 2015, 15:11 PM

I dont understand why Relic cant communicate with us. I mean other developers like Overkill with Payday 2 communicate all the time. But theyre also independent.

May Sega be the issue? I mean, i can understand that they cant lift all info at once. But their NDA policy is atrocious, its just a pain, and it doesnt help the game at all. It wrecks the community, the toxicity here is caused by the mindblowing lack of any info. Its just "we're excited, NDA tho". This isnt building any hype at all, its just pissing people off.

Relic really doesnt need to wonder why we have such attitude. Its their fault for the most part.
23 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM

Is Relic that excited about making our game great and exceeding expectations?

Is Relic that excited about getting all our money?
23 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM

People are tired of relic and frustrated and so they complain this community blaming isn't going to solve the problem. Its been 3+ months since we've gotten a patch, minus the bug patch which didn't really help because grenades are still bugged and solders still get stuck on dead bodies. This all relics fault just as it is the community you can't expect everyone to be positive and supportive when you have a developer who tells you nothing because of a nda. Of course all of the alpha testers and relic fan boys is telling everyone to wait, we've been waiting for months
23 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Quoted for truth. Once the patch is released the RELIC apologists excuse it away.

To all RELIC apologists: The 'bitching' and 'moaning' isn't always warranted, I grant you, but it is warranted now. In fact, with the treatment and attitude from RELIC, there's isn't ENOUGH bitching and moaning. If there was MORE moaning, if it was allowed to be freely expressed, if it was loud enough, we might actually get real change with the game. The official forums are moderated harshly. From day one no dissent or criticism was ever allowed. That's a poisonous attitude to have against your community.

Anyone who attempts to excuse RELIC's terrible mismanagement of both the game and community are fully discredited and definitely shouldn't be a MOD of a fan site that purports to look out for the interests of the community.

If the patch fails to be a ball draining mind fuck explosion of goodness, then RELIC should explain to us why and what the specific plans are for the future. And if they have no specific plans for the future--that's exactly what they should tell us. But at the very least, they should tell us.

Contrary to the belief of some posters, the Staff here do understand the position: they come from the community, they are of the community. They think little differently to the community. Siberian, who posts on here, was an established lead Orange, until he resigned.

i am now going to borrow heavily from Onkel Sam in a previous discussion 18 months ago, which I have slightly adapted:

We are not Relic, so we do not add any element to the game. We are a fansite.

Our intention behind locking specific threads is not to protect any of "OUR" content, but the intention is to keep productive discussions.

If a thread is discussing specific content with arguments, we will not lock it. If a thread is only about ranting at Relic and about how they do everything wrong, we likely are going to lock it, because there is nothing to discuss in such a thread, but adding even more rant. (Also, if a poster cannot write feedback without using f*** and shit words in every sentence, we are not going to accept that either).

This has nothing to do with censorship. We want people to be able discuss topics constructively on our forums, without some dicks destroying it for the majority.

Now you can work out how to get this thread locked
23 Mar 2015, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 14:30 PMBurts

All that toxicity MVGame

Also, i don't really see the playerbase as dying. Compared to last year, it has grown quite significantly.

What toxicity?

Who said anything about the playerbase? I said it would increase and I never said it was dying. I said the community is gone. Perhaps you've missed the countless streams and continuous content being pumped out MVGame
23 Mar 2015, 18:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

People in the Community have gone; this is natural and to be expected
23 Mar 2015, 21:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If by you mean improved the cover system, gave Ostheer the biggest nerf it had ever gotten then yes.

Related, it also let USF have some chance of beating OKW late-game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS