Login

russian armor

Conscripts scaling to late game...

14 Mar 2015, 18:31 PM

... without overlapping with Penals

How?

Taboos:

1. LMG Upgrade
2. Completely better than Penals in every way eventually, invalidating their existence
3. Things that would drastically improve their already great early game performance

Go nuts.
14 Mar 2015, 18:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Not Balance.

Removing to Lobby
17 Mar 2015, 02:22 AM

The biggest issue with improving cons is the strength of callins, T1 units and the durability of T2 units. As things stand at the moment, going cons in combination with T1 and/or T2 with shock or 120mm morter then into callins is the most viable build and reasonably strong. Buffing cons without changing anything else would not only strengthen soviets but in also reinforce the current meta. It would also strengthen infantry spam metas which is something many would be disappointed to see.

Improving vet would be the best way of improving unit survivability and dps. To offset the buffs I would increase the reinforcement cost for each level of vet gained thereby restricting spam.

This is purely isolated theory crafting as callins is still too viable. Many changes are required across all factions if cons and stock tanks are to become viable again...
17 Mar 2015, 02:36 AM

Cons and stock tanks are still viable, they' re just not as good if they're on their own.

Late game cons's AT nade is still very much needed, and it's always good to have AT gun with cons support around against Axis armor. You also have sandbags, merge and cheap 10 muni mine.

17 Mar 2015, 05:15 AM
Patrion 14

I feel like cons are OK as they are now. However, if a change was something that was needed, I would suggest giving cons a PPS-43 upgrade after building t3/4 to give them a slightly improved close range damage while keeping their DPS at all ranges. This would make sense in the scope of WWII at this time period as well due to the heavy amount of automatic weapons in red army infantry doctrine.
17 Mar 2015, 06:21 AM

Yeah, I'm in agreeance with comm_ash. Make the PPSh upgrade via the commander a little less wimpy as well, and I'd like to see guards improved. If the other infantry types had the staying power of shocks, albeit perhaps not at that level. The infantry focused SOV player wouldn't be so hamstrung.
17 Mar 2015, 08:42 AM

I would love to see DP upgrade. After 2 buildings for example.
Grens, volks, rifles, all of them scale into late game. Better or worse but still.
Cons late game is about at nade/molotov and retreat.
Give them DP with 10dps at long range and thats all.
17 Mar 2015, 14:11 PM
Patrion 14

Good idea for non doctrinal PPSh upgrade. Non-doctrinal PPSh would give 2 SMGs to the squad. The commander ability for PPSh could then simply increase that upgrade to give 4 per squad.
17 Mar 2015, 14:14 PM

Cons are fine.
17 Mar 2015, 14:53 PM

The conscript PPsH would need to get a fix, considering I never upgrade my cons with it because destroying your mid to long range DPS in favor of close range is stupid on such a fragile squad late game.

Giving them StV's or some other weapon that gives increased damage across the board instead of at just point blank range would be nice.
17 Mar 2015, 15:04 PM

I have two other options to think about.

At vet 3 cons are allowed to be upgraded to "Guards". As Guards they receive two PTRS's and lose whatever other guns they are carrying. They also lose the molotov's (maybe, not sure about this).

Or at T3 or T4 cons can upgrade to 3 Ppsh's and if you have the commander they can get 6 (a fully auto, cheap shock squad).
17 Mar 2015, 15:18 PM

10-15% received accuracy reduction at vet 3 so they become less of a manpower bleed.
17 Mar 2015, 15:45 PM

10-15% received accuracy reduction at vet 3 so they become less of a manpower bleed.

Cons already have -23% received acc at vet 3.

17 Mar 2015, 15:51 PM

Cons already have -23% received acc at vet 3.

Which is what ever single other unit gets at LEAST.
Putting that with cons rec acc modifier they get, they have the least rec acc out of any squad in game, even osttruppen scale better(osttruppen actually scale amazing in comparison).
17 Mar 2015, 15:55 PM
Donator 11

I feel like cons are OK as they are now. However, if a change was something that was needed, I would suggest giving cons a PPS-43 upgrade after building t3/4 to give them a slightly improved close range damage while keeping their DPS at all ranges. This would make sense in the scope of WWII at this time period as well due to the heavy amount of automatic weapons in red army infantry doctrine.

Kinda love this idea in every way.

Would also improve the whole skip tech situation a bit, or at least open new paths.
17 Mar 2015, 16:09 PM

How about an AVT-40? That would be easily done since the SVT-40 model is already in the game.
17 Mar 2015, 16:24 PM

How about an AVT-40? That would be easily done since the SVT-40 model is already in the game.

If you dare mention the AVT-40 then the historical accuracy experts mobile will come at you and destroy you saying that the AVT-40 couldn't be fired full auto because of its insane recoil essentially making it an SVT-40 with a useless full auto feature.

(Ignoring the fact that the FG 42 was literally the same thing, but fallshirmjager in this game spray it like crazy just fine) MVGame
17 Mar 2015, 17:04 PM

IIRC it is intendend that cons don't scale well.

Not stating that it is right, though. You know, all that commander dependancy and stuff...
17 Mar 2015, 17:26 PM

Why do people keep insisting to make the PPsH upgrade non-doctrinal when it's ass.
17 Mar 2015, 17:28 PM

Why do people keep insisting to make the PPsH upgrade non-doctrinal when it's ass.

It's not when used with Ooourah.
Ppsh+Ooourah can force Obers to retreat.

Look closer at replay with T34s.
2 cons with Ppsh were melting 2 Volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight