Login

russian armor

Without a good balance, you will still play COH 2?

1 Mar 2015, 19:55 PM

I just wanted to say that people answering this question are likely to be playing it or have played it recently. Obviously the multitudes who have 'given up' or 'hoping' for Relic to fix their game have most likely already left the community. Just in explanation as to the lack of 'No' votes.

Not in all the cases. I'm one of the players they will quit playing COH 2 if this month Relic doesn't make some improvements.
1 Mar 2015, 19:57 PM

The game is balanced now

But hypothetically, yes I would continue to play if the game was not well balanced
Hello FoLks shrek blobs
1 Mar 2015, 19:57 PM

game is currently uninstalled; waiting on jackie chan super patch

Just wait for the Chow Yun-Fat patch! That will eclipse the VCoH 2.6 patch :)
Not to mention the in between Jet Li patch which will be glaringly unbalanced but also epicly fun.
1 Mar 2015, 19:59 PM

i'm not playing tbh, i don't find it fun

i can't play dota either because philipinos ruin my MMR as soon as i try to play ranked

so i'm playing singleplayer games.... it's depressing

Have you tried VCoH?
Serious question. Please don't invisible/delete my post MODS.
1 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

Not in all the cases. I'm one of the players they will quit playing COH 2 if this month Relic doesn't make some improvements.

Well that would be a shame.
I understand the whole 'if you don't like it then leave and let us (who do like it) play it' argument I hear a lot in these forums.
But surely that is not what a gaming company should want to be happening. I understand in life that you can never make EVERYONE happy but it does seem to me that the majority of potential players have left or are disgruntled. I mean shouldn't the balance (in an RTS game) be a priority number 1.
The potential for old veterans of VCoH and Coh2 players (who may have left), to return to the game is in reality probably very high. Gamers are probably waiting for Relic to sort the game out before they bother returning.
Therefore I struggle to understand why the game/community is in this state. It seems bad business, which at the end of the day is what it is all about.
Please don't delete/invisible my post MODS this is just my personal opinion.
1 Mar 2015, 20:22 PM

Have you tried VCoH?
Serious question. Please don't invisible/delete my post MODS.

vcoh is broken because of the brit faction. finding automatches takes ages. and because i'm australian i get really bad lag. so it's not fun anyway
1 Mar 2015, 20:30 PM

Well that would be a shame.
I understand the whole 'if you don't like it then leave and let us (who do like it) play it' argument I hear a lot in these forums.
But surely that is not what a gaming company should want to be happening. I understand in life that you can never make EVERYONE happy but it does seem to me that the majority of potential players have left or are disgruntled. I mean shouldn't the balance (in an RTS game) be a priority number 1.
The potential for old veterans of VCoH and Coh2 players (who may have left), to return to the game is in reality probably very high. Gamers are probably waiting for Relic to sort the game out before they bother returning.
Therefore I struggle to understand why the game/community is in this state. It seems bad business, which at the end of the day is what it is all about.
Please don't delete/invisible my post MODS this is just my personal opinion.

Yes. You are right. I'm an old COH player (400+ hours of COH 1 and 531 hours of COH 2). I love this game and it will be very sad if Relic doesn't make something to regain the old players.
1 Mar 2015, 20:32 PM

Sure. Thing is, for 99% of the playerbase, balance doesn't matter, since they can simply outplay their opponents and win.

Unless of course the game is horribly unbalanced like it was at the time of 4 minute t-70s or march deployment UBER grenspam and piospam.

And as top player tourney has shown, balance is pretty good.
1 Mar 2015, 20:36 PM

The game is balanced now

But hypothetically, yes I would continue to play if the game was not well balanced

I'd put it in this way

The game is hypothetically balanced now

yes I would continue to play if the game became more balanced
1 Mar 2015, 21:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

http://www.coh2.org/topic/27284/remember-when

In case people need a reminder

Because otherwise we get the echo chamber of how terrible everything is

1 Mar 2015, 22:09 PM

The game is balanced now

Seriously?

I play CoH1 way more. I fire up CoH2, then after a game or two realize why I go back to CoH1.
2 Mar 2015, 10:42 AM

I play less and less every week. The one thing that keeps me interested is the chance they will release a patch that addresses many issues. If they fail to do so then i suspect i will only play on odd occasion or until i recall the reasons why i left..

I also couldn't care less about the upcoming content and won't be buying anything if current form continues....

Why would i bother paying for more of the same..
2 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM

Relic promises some exciting stuff. Let's see if it comes soon enough before the passion left me. And let's see if for once they will release something balance right first time, I doubt it personally but who knows...
Otherwise, I have DL Homeworld... never played before and the campaign seems nice and they have a beta multiplayers mod :D
2 Mar 2015, 11:22 AM

There's no game that does what CoH2 does. It offers fast paced, authentic (to a point) game play which is tactical, fluid, simply yet deep and is hassle free and little lag.

Men of War provides some of this, but the sheer impossibility of getting a game without masses of lag or being smashed by pros is just too much of a hindrance.

Thus I'll be playing CoH2 until I become a billionaire and fund my own game which will put Relic's particular non-existent brand of customer communication out of business.
2 Mar 2015, 11:43 AM

No. There is difference between what is good and what is acceptable, but what we got now is disgusting.

I don't know why are you saying this. Tbh I am equaly wrecked by better players than me, no matter the faction. I can't say that I lost or I won because of my faction, or my opponent's faction.
2 Mar 2015, 11:50 AM

There's no game that does what CoH2 does. It offers fast paced, authentic (to a point) game play which is tactical, fluid, simply yet deep and is hassle free and little lag.

Gameplay completely overwhelmed by blob meta nad RNG's god decision. RNG wasn't really helping me in my last games yesterday.
And I'm sad because I would like less RNG and more control on the damage I deal. But looking Forward I don't see Relic making any improvements in that direction.

So I'll wait till their big announcement if it doesn't come next winter. But I'll probably decide to stop player fast if they mess with it.
2 Mar 2015, 11:55 AM

I only continue playing to possibly get war spoils worth a damn, once done I will probably just skirmish against ai. For me to be at all competitive pvp I have to watch 5-8 hrs streaming to get in tune with the current meta and even then it seems to boil down to who blobs harder so I end up not even playing to win just playing to prolong the match and experiment.
2 Mar 2015, 11:55 AM

Sometimes,coh2 is increasingly less fun right now.
As ost player low game mdoes are off anyway in current situation.
2 Mar 2015, 11:56 AM

Sometimes,coh2 is increasingly less fun right now.
As ost player low game mdoes are off anyway in current situation.

try something else, dont limit urself to ost
2 Mar 2015, 12:17 PM

After MLNW I love playing as Ost in 2v2.
OKW with an CAS Ost player is just a lot of fun because you have an effective way to stop blobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★